The climate here in Georgia is mostly temperate. That makes it ideal for all insects to live and thrive, including termites. Let's take a quick look at the kind of termites we have in Georgia, and what is necessary to protect our homes and our belongings from them.
These termites live in colonies of around 5,000.
They are social insects that live in a caste system and work together to find food and reproduce.
Drywood termites prefer hardwood. This makes them a danger to furniture inside a home, especially antiques.
These termites do not require moisture above ground or contact with the soil in order to survive.
They live and feed entirely inside the wood they are consuming.
These termites cost U.S. property owners billions of dollars in damages each year.
They are social insects that live in a caste system.
These termites prefer soft wood, and are attracted to areas that have been softened by rot.
Subterranean termites get their name because they usually build their colonies below ground. This is because they require the moisture that is in the soil in order to survive. When they enter a structure, they will do so by eating into wood that is touching the soil or by constructing mud tubes.
They live, feed, and travel entirely inside the soil near a home, the wood they are consuming, and their mud tubes.
Formosan Subterranean Termites
Since these are subterranean termites, they share all the above characteristics of subterranean termites.
Formosan termites are a species of subterranean termites that are able to build nests that are lined with their feces. These nests retain the moisture that is needed for their survival and allows them to stay entirely inside the structure they are feeding on without contact with the soil.
Formosan are the most destructive of all subterranean termite species.
If you own a home or are looking to buy a home, it is important to make sure you have a termite pest control solution in place. At Allgood, we use the Sentricon Termite Colony Elimination System, which is used to protect our nation's White House and several other historical sites and monuments. It is 100% safe for the environment, targets only termites, and works not only to prevent termite damage but also to eradicate the colonies that are sending workers to feed.
When you need national quality, effective protection for your home and your belongings, Allgood has the solution. Get immediate assistance today and stop termite damage before it begins with Allgood Pest Solutions and Sentricon.
Tags: termite control | sentricon system | termites in ga
Read the original post:
What Kinds of Termites do we Have in Georgia?
- No Ideas But in Things: A Practitioners Look at ... - May 25th, 2019
- April showers bring May termites - tallahassee.com - April 21st, 2019
- What Do You Do if You See a Termite Swarm? - April 21st, 2019
- Subterranean Termites: Treatment & Control - Get Rid of ... - April 2nd, 2019
- 7 Signs You May Have Termites | Ehrlich Pest Control - March 24th, 2019
- Termites | Mississippi State University Extension Service - March 24th, 2019
- Everything You Should Know About Flying Termites | Western ... - March 24th, 2019
- Keep Termites Out and Know the Sure Signs of an Infestation - March 13th, 2019
- What should you do if you see termite swarmers? | Palmetto ... - March 2nd, 2019
- Termites: Beneficial Insects - Natural Organic Biological ... - March 2nd, 2019
- The 10 Best Termite Companies in Temecula, CA (with Free ... - March 2nd, 2019
- Termites - Havasu - March 2nd, 2019
- How to get rid of termites: 7 best termite killers in 2019 - March 2nd, 2019
- What you need to know about Termite Swarms - Turner Pest Control - March 2nd, 2019
- How to Identify Drywood Termite Droppings | Thrasher Termite ... - March 2nd, 2019
- The Termites - Costa Rica - March 2nd, 2019
- How to Kill Termites Naturally - Keep Bugs Away - March 2nd, 2019
- Drywood Termite Treatment: Get Rid of Drywood Termites - February 28th, 2019
- How do tiny termites make such massive mounds? - February 15th, 2019
- Flying Ants vs. Termites, Termite or Ant? - Orkin.com - February 3rd, 2019
- Signs of Termite Damage | Ehrlich Pest Control - January 31st, 2019
- Termite (Isoptera) - Animals - A-Z Animals - January 31st, 2019
- The Truth About the "Termites" | Psychology Today - December 28th, 2018
- Signs of Termite Damage|Termite Damage|Truly Nolen - November 1st, 2018
- Pictures of Termites | Ehrlich Pest Control - October 31st, 2018
- Termite Control - The Home Depot - October 31st, 2018
- How to Spot Termites: Termite Identification Pictures - October 31st, 2018
- Subterranean Termites Control | Do My Own Pest Control - October 15th, 2018
- Termites - Biology and Control - Browse Popular Publications - September 6th, 2018
- Termites Pest Control Information Perth - August 6th, 2018
- Termites - Nozzle Nolen - July 16th, 2018
- Termite - Field Guide to Common Texas Insects - June 17th, 2018
- What Do Termites Look Like? Signs of Termite Damage - June 2nd, 2018
- Termite Facts for Kids: Termite Information for Students - May 26th, 2018
- What Do Termites Look Like? Termite Identification - April 26th, 2018
- Termite Pictures: Photo Gallery with Images - April 21st, 2018
- Best 17 Termite Control in Fordyce, AR with Reviews - YP.com - March 4th, 2018
- Termites in Southwest Florida | Lenny's Bug Blog - February 28th, 2018
- End Of Termites | Terminator The best anti-termite ... - February 14th, 2018
- How to Get Rid of Termites - Pest Control Products - February 9th, 2018
- Termites - All About Termites - domyown.com - February 6th, 2018
- Termites | Dreamworks Animation Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia - February 3rd, 2018
- How to Treat Termites on Trees | Home Guides | SF Gate - February 3rd, 2018
- Prevent and Treat Termites to Avoid Damage to a House ... - January 21st, 2018
- Termites in Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, Pittsburgh ... - January 5th, 2018
- Termites in Potted Plants | Home Guides | SF Gate - January 3rd, 2018
- Subterranean Termites - extension2.missouri.edu - December 29th, 2017
- Signs of Termites: How to Detect Termite Evidence - December 17th, 2017
- What Are Termites? - December 15th, 2017
- Lewis Terman - Wikipedia - December 4th, 2017
- Termite Facts - Softschools.com - December 3rd, 2017
- Termites | Horticulture and Home Pest News - December 3rd, 2017
- Termite Facts for Kids - December 3rd, 2017
- Are Termites Harmful to Humans? | Termite Treatment And ... - December 3rd, 2017
- Termite Identification | Termite Control DC, MD And Northern ... - November 26th, 2017
- What "Wood" a Termite Prefer To Eat? - November 25th, 2017
- Termites - All About Termites - DoMyOwnPestControl.com - November 25th, 2017
- Termite Inspection | Truly Nolen - November 24th, 2017
- Best 30 Termite Control in Villas, NJ with Reviews - YP.com - November 18th, 2017
- What Do Termites Look Like Exactly? Find Out How! - November 17th, 2017
- Subterranean Termites - How To Kill and Get Rid of ... - November 17th, 2017
- The Signs of Termite Infestation - Florida Pest Control - November 17th, 2017
- 9 Signs of Termites Infestation | Kill Termites Guide - November 17th, 2017
- Termite Control Cost Muskegon MI - Pest Control - ESFS - November 16th, 2017
- 4 Best Termite Control, Inspection Services - Waterbury CT ... - November 4th, 2017
- 3 Ways to Protect Your Home from Termites - wikiHow - October 16th, 2017
- How to Kill Termites: Best Ways to Get Rid of Termites ... - October 7th, 2017
- Termite Fast Facts: What You Need To Know - The Spruce - October 1st, 2017
- Formosan Termites - How to Kill and Get Rid of Formosan Termites - September 23rd, 2017
- Giving air to earthworms and termites - Farm Weekly - September 6th, 2017
- Meet the 'Terminator' of sanitary waste - Oherald - September 2nd, 2017
- UCA bear battling termites; options studied - Arkansas Online - August 31st, 2017
- Four hidden threats many homeowners miss - KTAR.com - August 31st, 2017
- Tracking Guelph's 2017 termite zones - GuelphMercury.com - August 31st, 2017
- How To: Get Rid of Flying Ants - BobVila.com - August 31st, 2017
- Termites nibbling away at Bismillah Khan's citations | Varanasi ... - Times of India - August 29th, 2017
- Alan Root, Oft-Bitten Wildlife Filmmaker, Dies at 80 - New York Times - August 29th, 2017
- Termites eat into village, locals flee - Times of India - August 28th, 2017
- Termite outbreak empties out Almora village - Times of India - August 27th, 2017
- Faith Lift: Termites - The Baytown Sun - August 26th, 2017