Bothered by automated Medicare calls
I have become the victim of a serious case of Nancyitis. The symptoms include activity interruptions, time wasting, frustration, aggravation, increased blood pressure, angry outbursts and declines in language quality. These symptoms do not lessen, only increase.
Nancyitis starts when you become eligible for Medicare and have a phone. Nancy calls as many as 13 times a day. The more frequently she calls, the worse the symptoms become. Nancy wakes you each morning and accompanies you on your bedtime snack. The calls come frequently during the day. Obtaining the "call-block" option on the phone does little to reduce the calls. The phone still rings a couple of times before the block engages.
By then, the symptoms have started. When the call is blocked Nancy rings back a short time late from a different number, resulting in two interruptions. Simply engaging the "call end" command does not disconnect the call, and if you then try to make a call Nancy is still connected. If you answer the call and wait until the end and attempt to "Push nine to cancel" it only results in a request to hold and speak to an agent.
Reaching the end of the sign-up period does not provide a lessening of the symptoms because the calls do not stop or even lessen. Is there any way to remove these Nancy calls and provide relief from Nancyitis? Are there any others who suffer from Nancyitis? I need help.
Paula Wagner, Savannah
Georgias senators: Support a proper Senate trial
As a lifelong Republican, former member of Congress, and co-founder of Republicans for Integrity, I ask: put truth before partisanship.
We have seen that President Donald Trump is a constant affront to family values, national security, the rule of law, and humility before God, yet our partys response has been to close ranks around him rather than call him out. I lament how our party has jettisoned its founding values.
Whats more, Americans have seen that the evidence of President Trumps abuses of power in the Ukraine scandal is overwhelming. Yet he has taken unprecedented steps to stop the truth from coming out, demonstrating that he believes he is above the law.
Now, all Senators, including Sens. Perdue and Loeffler, will serve as jurors in the constitutional impeachment trial of President Trump. The senators will take an oath to "do impartial justice," and all Senators should take this solemn oath seriously.
I call upon Sens. Perdue and Loeffler to follow Republican Sens. Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins in seeking a fair trial, complete with witness testimony.
Will Georgias senators put loyalty to one man above their oath to "do impartial justice" on behalf of the people they represent?
If like me, Sens. Perdue and Loeffler believe in law and order, they will ensure that the Senate trial is both rigorous and fair to the President as well as the American public.
Sens. Perdue and Loeffler should keep in mind the fundamental values that led them to lives of public service.
Peter Smith, co-founder
Republicans for Integrity
Loeffler right person for Senate job
Sen. Kelly Loeffler penned an op-ed that published Dec. 31 and it didnt take long for the liberal termites to come out of the woodwork. Disappointment expressed about Loefflers first vote is misplaced, and she already knows whats wrong with Washington, so she can hit the ground running. The Senate is not an on-the-job-training job.
I guess I won't be our next senator, although I was one of the 500 who applied. Loeffler reads, thinks, writes and seems to be the right person for the job. The so-called impeachment is a dirty, criminal fraud. Now she's my senator and she has me as a constituent, bless her heart. I'm sure she's waiting with bated-breath to receive my first letter - though not so sure about her staff.
My message to Loeffler includes the following: Please cease using the expression "our democracy" when speaking of our United States; to openly and aggressively charge House Speaker Nancy Pelosi with violation of her U.S. oath of office, and California too - it is perjury; and a thank you for her little bit of homespun philosophy regarding pulling weeds as training to be a senator. I like it.
I looked forward to seeing Loefflers swearing-in on Jan. 6, also my birthday. My regret was in not able to come to hold the Bible while she took the sacred oath of office.
Michael W. Rea, Savannah
Letters to the editor Monday: - Savannah Morning News
- Servicemaster Global (SERV) Scheduled to Post Earnings on Thursday - Enterprise Echo - February 20th, 2020
- 4 Signs of a Possible Termite Infestation - Time Bulletin - February 19th, 2020
- Can snow kill bugs? We asked an expert - WFMYNews2.com - February 19th, 2020
- 'Bead Three' sculpture catches throws, Carnival spirit - News from Tulane - February 19th, 2020
- Pest Control Market projected size be resilient during 2026 according to demand forecasts - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - February 19th, 2020
- Termite Control Market Analysis With Key Players, Applications, Trends and Forecast To 2026 - Instant Tech News - February 18th, 2020
- Encinitas, Calif.: A Beach Town Where Prices Rise With the Tide - The New York Times - February 18th, 2020
- Ehrlich Pest Control Donates Lifetime Pest And Termite Control To Family Of Navy Veteran And Community Hero, Christopher Hixon - Yahoo Finance - February 17th, 2020
- Global Termite Control Services Market by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2025 - Instant Tech News - February 17th, 2020
- Trends in the Ready To Use Termite Control Products Market 2019-2022 - Instant Tech News - February 17th, 2020
- Dac San Dao Phu Quoc introduced Canned Black Fungus in Tomato Sauce to Its Menu - Yahoo Finance - February 17th, 2020
- Dehradun: Woman dies after termite-infested tree falls on her car - Times of India - February 17th, 2020
- Now that the drum beats of Delhi election battle have died, how long will our interest in Shaheen Bagh last - Yahoo India News - February 16th, 2020
- You fill the pothole in my heart: See these funny - NOLA.com - February 15th, 2020
- For Sri Lankas pangolins, forests are ideal but rubber farms will do too - Mongabay.com - February 15th, 2020
- Project of Fayette County students being sent to International Space Station - WKYT - February 15th, 2020
- Embrace the crunch: Bug Buffet draws curious and converts - The Bozeman Daily Chronicle - February 15th, 2020
- Rust-Oleum Sued After Product Fails To Work As Advertised - The Ring of Fire Network - The Ring of Fire Network - February 15th, 2020
- Whither The Deficit Hawk: Changing Attitudes On Budget Red Ink Among The GOP - NPR - February 15th, 2020
- Termite Bait Systems Market Trends, Key Players, Overview, Competitive Breakdown and Regional Forecast by 2025 - News Times - February 13th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Pangolins may have spread the disease to humans - Medical News Today - February 13th, 2020
- Pest Control Market Size and Key Trends in Terms of Volume and Value 2026 - Instant Tech News - February 13th, 2020
- Termite Control Market 2020 Booming by Size, Revenue, Trend and Top Companies 2026 - Instant Tech News - February 12th, 2020
- Ehrlich Pest Control Donates Lifetime Pest And Termite Control To Family Of Navy Veteran And Community Hero, Christopher Hixon - PRNewswire - February 12th, 2020
- Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria Is ComingBut Insects (And Their Poop) Might Stop Them - The National Interest Online - February 12th, 2020
- Termite Control Market Increasing Demand with Leading Player, Comprehensive Analysis, Forecast 2026 - Jewish Life News - February 12th, 2020
- A giant anteater is coming to Zoo Knoxville and we can't wait to see her! - WBIR.com - February 12th, 2020
- Study investigates impact of road deaths on giant anteater population in Cerrado - Mongabay.com - February 12th, 2020
- Voting population getting smarter - Opinion - The Bulletin - Norwich, CT - Norwich Bulletin - February 9th, 2020
- Protect your investment with Vulcan Termite and Pest Control - Trussvilletribune - February 5th, 2020
- Tips for Controlling Pests in and Around Your Home - Explosion - February 5th, 2020
- Global Termite Control Products and Services Market With Growing CAGR In Forecast Period 2020 To 2026 By Top Manufacturers - GuruFocus.com - February 4th, 2020
- Step Inside Kimyes Haunted Mansion - The Cut - February 4th, 2020
- Inn on the River celebrates 100th anniversary - The Glen Rose Reporter - February 4th, 2020
- Native Plant Society to talk dazzling, dramatic dragonflies - Weatherford Democrat - February 2nd, 2020
- Jeremy Corbyns place in the history of antisemitism - The Jerusalem Post - February 1st, 2020
- Are insects the food of the future? - Yahoo News - February 1st, 2020
- OpEd: Doodling in the dust | Opinion - Moultrie News - January 31st, 2020
- Rollins Closes Out Disappointing Year With Revenue Beat - Motley Fool - January 31st, 2020
- Sloth Bears Recognize 2D Images as Representations of 3D Objects Smithsonian's National Zoo Cognition Study Finds - Smithsonian's National Zoo and... - January 30th, 2020
- Ehrlich Pest Control Joins Forces With Military Makeover To Protect Dedicated Military Family From Pests - The Wellsboro Gazette - January 29th, 2020
- Ehrlich Pest Control Joins Forces With Military Makeover To Protect Dedicated Military Family From Pests - PRNewswire - January 28th, 2020
- What are the fencing rules for swimming pools? - Chicago Daily Herald - January 27th, 2020
- WRITE TEAM: All aboard the Steamer Natchez - LaSalle News Tribune - January 27th, 2020
- Free Things to Do in Manhattan This Weekend - January 31-February 2 - City Guide NY - January 27th, 2020
- Movie about magic of mushrooms coming to Wilmington - StarNewsOnline.com - January 26th, 2020
- Fumigation Certificate and Process for Export of Goods - Grainmart News - January 23rd, 2020
- Driving Back In Time With The Falmouth Classic Car Club - CapeNews.net - January 23rd, 2020
- Greenleaf: Pine Island has large population of pileated woodpeckers - Pine Island Eagle - January 23rd, 2020
- Termite Control Market: Future Forecast Assessed on the Basis of How the Industry is Predicted to Grow 2019-2024 - Dagoretti News - January 22nd, 2020
- Pest Control Services Market Focusing Long-Term Professional Industry and Making New Commitments to the Sustainable Future 2020-2027 Dagoretti News -... - January 22nd, 2020
- J Rock's swing in the Banana hammock Boxing News Boxing, UFC and MMA News, Fight Results, Schedule, Rankings, Videos and More - 15rounds.com - January 20th, 2020
- Letters to the Editor: Leave devices at home - msnNOW - January 20th, 2020
- Termite Control Products Market Expected To Grow Share, Size, Forecast CAGR Ratio [2020-2029] BASF SE, The Dow Chemical Company, Bayer CropScience AG... - January 20th, 2020
- Edible Insects/ Market 2020 Global Industry Analysis, Growth Opportunities, Detailed Analysis And Forecast To 2026| Esticast Research and Consulting ... - January 20th, 2020
- You've seen the Big 5 on safari? In Zambia, you see them and the amazing Little 5 - Los Angeles Times - January 20th, 2020
- This Thailand Termite Spray Commercial is Absolutely Insane - TVOvermind - January 18th, 2020
- Photo gallery: Longview Baptist to celebrate with open house on Sunday (1/18/20) - Shelbyville Times-Gazette - January 18th, 2020
- Twitter Suspends, Then REINSTATES, Anti-Semitic Nation of Islam Leader Louis Farrakhan Claims Suspension Was an 'Error' - The Union Journal - January 18th, 2020
- First Evidence That Social Interactions of Ants Affect Pathogen Competition - SciTechDaily - January 18th, 2020
- Termite Bait System Products Market: Quantitative Analysis from 2019 to 2025 to Enable the Stakeholders to Capitalize on the Prevailing Termite Bait... - January 18th, 2020
- National Review Shouldn't Join The Left In Blaming Jews For Antisemitism - The Federalist - January 18th, 2020
- Thailand termite spray commercial - Boing Boing - January 16th, 2020
- Why is this Women's March different from all the others? - Washington Jewish Week - January 16th, 2020
- Bill Kirby Jr.: Once the bulldozers and excavators roar on South Main in Hope Mills ... - The Fayetteville Observer - January 16th, 2020
- A Cockroach vs. Water Bug: Here's How to Tell the Difference & Get Rid of Them for Good - Prevention.com - January 16th, 2020
- Becky Thatcher home preserved - Hannibal.net - January 14th, 2020
- Who Are The 2020 Womens March Speakers? The Organization Says No One. - Sara A. Carter - January 14th, 2020
- Similarities between humans and chimpanzees include the ability to teach, F&M researchers say - LancasterOnline - January 12th, 2020
- Keeping house in your absence - The Tribune - January 12th, 2020
- Column: To the grocery store - every day - Milford Daily News - January 12th, 2020
- Your Environment This Week: Future green crusaders, land use change in Jammu & Kashmir, new termites - Mongabay-India - January 10th, 2020
- Termite Bait Systems Market 2019: Analysis And Forecast By The Dow Chemical Company, BASF, Bayer, Sumitomo Chemical, Syngenta, Rentokil Initial,... - January 10th, 2020
- Termite Control Market Advance Technology And New Innovations 2020 To 2027 - Food & Beverage Herald - January 10th, 2020
- Anti-Semitism won't be cured by education, but it's a first step - Washington Examiner - January 10th, 2020
- Monkeys smashing nuts with stones hint at how human tool use evolved - The Conversation US - January 10th, 2020
- Global Termite Control System Market 2019 Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Opportunities, Analysis and Forecast To 2025 - Food & Beverage... - January 9th, 2020
- Termite Bait Systems Market Report by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application Forecast 2019 2025 - Expert Recorder - January 9th, 2020
- Viance offers environmentally advanced utility pole and crossarm preservative alternative to penta - Utility Products - January 9th, 2020
- Young and fearless give hope for protecting rights in India - Chicago Daily Herald - January 9th, 2020