If left untreated, termites can cause immense damage to your home. These wood-boring pests thrive deep within your home and foundation, slowly eating away at its core, unnoticed. Ongoing prevention is your best bet when it comes to termites because most homeowner insurance plans wont cover termite damage.
There are three main groups of termites that can affect your home: subterranean, drywood, and dampwood termites.
Named after their preference to build their nests underground, subterranean termites often enter the home from areas where wood comes in contact with the ground, by squeezing through cracks as small as a business card or by using the mud tubes they construct to travel from their below ground colonies to infest wood in your home.
Subterranean Treatment options:
Drywood termites dont need a connection to the ground in order to thrive. They are known to travel up to a mile to find a home, and will establish a colony wherever they can find a preferred source of wood. Drywood termites need less moisture than either subterranean or dampwood termites to survive, and can often be found in attics where they infest structural wood. Other items they may infest include dead or dying trees and shrubs, utility poles, fences and furniture.
Drywood Treatment options:
Much larger than their subterranean counterparts, dampwood termite soldiers sport very large pincers on their head that are used to fight off predators. As their name suggests, they prefer to build colonies in damp or decaying wood with a high moisture content and moist wood in contact with the ground such as logs and stumps. Dampwood termites typically do not construct their nests in soil and do not construct mud tubes. These termites eat the wood with the grain if their wood source is sound, but consume wood across the grain if their wood source is decayed. In general, dampwood termites are not as destructive as subterranean and drywood termites.
Dampwood Treatment options:
Monitoring stations are installed at key points around your property to determine the extent of termite activity. Once confirmed, bait stations are set up to attract termites. Bait stations house chemical materials that termites ingest and carry back to the colony, spreading them to their counterparts and addressing colonies at the source. This control method is often best when dealing with larger populations.
Read more about baits.
This method is primarily used to control drywood termites as the treatment can reach termites living deep within a home. Fumigants permeate throughout the home and disrupt a termites metabolism once inhaled.
Read more about fumigation.
Heat treatments use a special, large-capacity heat blower to raise the temperature of specific areas of a home or property to between 120 140 degrees Fahrenheit to kill off any termites living within the wood structures. This treatment must be recommended and administered by a trained pest control specialist.
Read more about heat treatments.
Termite infestations often need some form of termiticide usage in order to help remove current populations and prevent future infestations. Usually this involves an application to the surface of compromised wood or into soil around the home, but it can also be injected directly into wood to more closely target termite populations.
Read more about termiticides.
For termites, moisture is critical for survival. Making sure to fix plumbing leak problems in a timely manner and ensure proper drainage around your home, all of which can go a long way in helping to avoid a termite infestation. Wood that is touching the ground is always at risk, so always remove wood that is in direct contact with the ground and use pre-treated wood to protect your home from wood decay and wood rot as much as possible.
Read more about moisture removal.
Bait & Monitoring Stations
Direct Wood Treatment
Follow this link:
Types of Termite Treatments - Orkin.com
- Kunal Kamra gets an epic reply from Shashi Tharoor when he tells Congress leader 'time to join BJP' - Pune Mirror - March 31st, 2020
- Rescued pangolins assigned human walkers to help them find their feet again - Independent Online - March 24th, 2020
- Global Termite Treatment Chemical Products Market Estimated to Expand at a Robust CAGR by 2028 - TheLoop21 - March 17th, 2020
- A river runs through it: Tracing the Dahisar's meandering and dwindling path - Firstpost - March 16th, 2020
- Termite Treatment Market 2020 By Top Key Players/Manufacturers, Type and Application, Regions, Industry Analysis, Growth, Size, Trends and Forecast to... - March 13th, 2020
- I Went to CPAC, and All I Got Was Exposure to the Coronavirus - Mother Jones - March 12th, 2020
- Know the Warning Signs of a Termite Infestation Before It's Too Late - Business Wire - March 10th, 2020
- Miami Holds Top Spot on Orkin's Second Annual Termite Cities List - PRNewswire - March 9th, 2020
- The indomitable Myrtis Boothe - Frank, fearless and formidable - Jamaica Gleaner - March 3rd, 2020
- Mild winter weather can bring bugs into your home sooner - WWLP.com - February 19th, 2020
- Termite Treatment Chemical Products Market 2020 Is Booming Across the Globe Explored in Latest Research with Top Key Players: Bifen I/T, Terro,... - February 15th, 2020
- Global Bakery Products Market Is Estimated To Expand At a Healthy CAGR in Upcoming year 2020-2026 - Jewish Life News - February 13th, 2020
- 50 States of Love - The New York Times - February 11th, 2020
- The Daily Orange wrong to capitalize 'Black' in style change - The Daily Orange - February 10th, 2020
- 3 Healthcare Stocks That Can Double This Year - Nasdaq - January 31st, 2020
- Paypal (PYPL) Tops Q4 Earnings and Revenue Estimates - Nasdaq - January 30th, 2020
- Rollins, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter And Full-Year 2019 Financial Results - PRNewswire - January 29th, 2020
- Riding on Technological Developments and Growing Disposable Income the Global Optical Coating Equipment Market to Reach Us$ 6.4 Bn by 2027 - Melanian... - January 21st, 2020
- Global Termite Treatment Market Share Growing Rapidly with Recent Trends, Revenue and Forecast to 2026 - TheLoop21 - January 21st, 2020
- Crickets, beetles and moths. Eating them could help save the planet. But would you snack on them? - Bhekisisa - January 21st, 2020
- Global Switching Converters Market Manufacturers, Technology, Segmentation and Development Trends Forecasts to 2025 - Fusion Science Academy - January 18th, 2020
- Washington, DC Surpasses Baltimore to Secure Top Spot on Orkin's 2020 Bed Bug Cities List - PRNewswire - January 13th, 2020
- Public invited to fill out EMA survey on household chemicals - Loop News Trinidad and Tobago - January 9th, 2020
- Mimi Hardman Collections and Research Center campaign starts - yoursun.com - January 5th, 2020
- The genetic mechanism of selfishness and altruism in parent-offspring coadaptation - Science Advances - January 4th, 2020
- 11 of the Best Podcasts of the 2010s - Mental Floss - January 2nd, 2020
- Average Cost Of Termite Treatment - American Pest - December 23rd, 2019
- Top 4 Best Termite Sprays | Updated for 2019 - December 23rd, 2019
- Drywood Termites: Signs, Damage, Prevention & Treatment Cost ... - December 23rd, 2019
- PCT/BASF Announce 2019 Technicians of the Year - PCT - PCT Magazine - December 19th, 2019
- Ants rescue their injured - Stock Daily Dish - December 19th, 2019
- Termite Treatment Chemical Products Market Global Industry by Manufacturers, Countries, Type and Application, Forecast to 2019-2025 - Space Market... - December 17th, 2019
- Termite Control Market Outlook, Growth by Top Company, Region, Application, Driver, Trends and Forecasts By 2026| Verified Market Research - Montana... - December 16th, 2019
- Seed Treatment Fungicides Market Outlook, Growth by Top Company, Region, Application, Driver, Trends and Forecasts By 2026| Verified Market Research -... - December 15th, 2019
- Termite Treatment Chemical Products Market: Qualitative Analysis of the Leading Players and Competitive Industry Scenario, 2028 - Daily Research Stack - December 12th, 2019
- Termite Treatment Market 2019 poised to expand at a robust pace by 2024 - Markets Gazette 24 - December 12th, 2019
- Termite Treatment Chemical Products Market | Emerging Economies Expected to Influence Growth till 2024 | Key Players Talstar, Taurus SC, etc. -... - December 9th, 2019
- Termite Treatment - Chase Pest Control - December 8th, 2019
- Termites In The House Signs & Treatment | PestSeek - December 8th, 2019
- Termite Control in Atlanta GA | Termite Treatment & Inspection - December 8th, 2019
- $350,000 Homes in Kentucky, Florida and Michigan - The New York Times - November 29th, 2019
- Analysis on the World's Pest Control Services Market, 2019 to 2025 - Growth in the Construction Sector and Increase in Vector-Borne Diseases &... - November 23rd, 2019
- Princeton celebrates 25 years of research and teaching at Mpala, Kenya - Princeton University - November 20th, 2019
- Termite Treatment Cost Guide for 2019 | eLocal - October 20th, 2019
- 7 Best Termite Treatment in 2019 Reviewed - Pest Policy - October 20th, 2019
- The Best Drywood Termite Treatment Methods - October 20th, 2019
- How long does termite treatment last? How often is termite ... - October 2nd, 2019
- How to Kill Termites Naturally: 7 Simple Methods to Get Rid ... - October 2nd, 2019
- Learn the BEST Termite Control Products, Methods ... - April 21st, 2019
- Best Termite Treatment - March 2019: Find Termite Control ... - April 5th, 2019
- When is Termite Treatment Necessary in the North & East Bay? - April 5th, 2019
- Termite Treatment & Control Phoenix, Mesa Arizona | Free ... - April 1st, 2019
- Get Rid of Rodents With Pest Control Kennesaw - March 17th, 2019
- Termite Treatments California | 2 Year Warranty - March 16th, 2019
- Termites: Types, Facts & How to Identify Them - 15% Off ... - February 25th, 2019
- Types of Subterranean, Drywood Termite Treatments - February 24th, 2019
- Termite Treatment - North Jersey Termite - January 31st, 2019
- Effective Termite Treatment | EarthRite Findlay, OH - January 31st, 2019
- Types of Termite Treatment | Massey Services, Inc. - January 31st, 2019
- No-Tent Termite Treatments in Tampa, Clearwater, St. Pete ... - January 31st, 2019
- Termite Treatment - Phoenix, AZ | Blue Sky Pest Control - January 31st, 2019
- Termite Treatment Services in San Jose and Bay Area by Planet ... - January 31st, 2019
- Termite Frass - A Sign Of Termites Anyone Can Identify - October 16th, 2018
- Top 6 Best Termite Treatments | Updated for 2018 - September 29th, 2018
- Termite Treatments: Chemical & Baiting | Ehrlich Pest Control - September 25th, 2018
- Termite Treatment DIY Projects Craft Ideas & How Tos for ... - September 25th, 2018
- Termite Treatment Options | Western Exterminator - September 22nd, 2018
- Termite Treatment in Florida | Fahey Pest - August 2nd, 2018
- Termite Elimination - Budget Brothers Termite - July 8th, 2018
- Termite Treatment | Termite Inspection | Dawsons Australia - July 4th, 2018
- Subterranean Termite Treatment Guide - DoMyOwn.com - July 2nd, 2018
- Termite Treatment - Sentricon System | Steve's Pest Control - May 18th, 2018
- Cost of Termite Treatment - Phoenix Az - Bills Pest ... - May 18th, 2018
- 2018 Average Termite Treatment Cost (with Price Factors) - April 22nd, 2018
- DIY Termite Treatment That Is Actually Effective - March 22nd, 2018
- Termite Treatment - Bug House Pest Control - March 12th, 2018
- Termidor Termite Treatment Spray - domyown.com - March 12th, 2018
- Termite Control, Termite Treatment - March 9th, 2018
- Termite Treatment Cost and Inspection Cost Guide - March 7th, 2018
- Termite Treatment Cost - FightBugs.com - March 4th, 2018