Planet Orange offers a range of treatment options to fit any termite problem. We are most widely known to be the pioneers of the XT-2000 Orange Oil process in Northern California's Bay Area, but we offer a full range of options and each individual property requires a customized termite treatment plan to ensure the best result. We offer services throughout the Bay Area, including San Jose, San Francisco, Oakland, Santa Cruz, Monterey and everything in between!
Termite Treatments are completed by state-licensed termite technicians. These individuals have passed the state examination and are licensed as "Registered Applicators" for Termites and General Pests. This means they have passed the required tests to assess their ability to complete termite treatments. Planet Orange then passes these technicians through a certification program to become a Planet Orange Certified technician. Our training program includes both classroom and field-based training to expose our team to the widest possible range of scenarios to help them rehearse situations they will most likely encounter in the field. All Planet Orange technicians complete training and then are placed onto a termite crew with an experienced senior member of the team. This ensures the proper oversight and continued education for at least the first 6 months with the company.
A termite treatment can be very different from property to property. There are many different ways to treat each type of termite and this is the reason to ensure an experienced and licensed Termite Inspector has documented accurate findings into the report. The termite crew will work from this report and treat each item, to ensure a successful eradication of termites. The crew will be responsible for the correct and accurate product-preparation, in addition to the application of such products. Your crew will also have local knowledge to the geography, given that they have treated thousands of homes all over the bay area. A home in Santa Cruz may have very different characteristics and infestations than a home in Concord or Fremont.
Subterranean termites live in the soil and travel to the wood of a property through mud tubes that they build to protect themselves. This creates a basic tunnel between the soil and the home. These tunnels will get more elaborate with time and it is critical to remove these tunnels during treatment, as they may give the mistaken impression that the termites are still active at a later date, if not removed at the time of the termite treatment. The crews job in this instance will be to knock-down and destroy any tubes that they can access. In addition, to treat the infestation, they will have to create a barrier around the perimeter of the building, which ensures that any termites currently feeding off of the structure will come into contact with the selected product. This is achieved by laying a diluted product into the soil around a structure or by injecting the product into drill holes beneath the concrete perimeter. The goal is to ensure a complete and uninterrupted perimeter around the property to ensure that any current or future termite infestation is quickly eliminated. The technicians will fill any drill holes with mortar after the treatment. Many of the products we use will continue to protect a home from subterranean termites for 5 to 10 years, if the treatment provided a complete perimeter that ensures ongoing protection.
Subterranean termites are very common in the San Francisco bay area and colonies can grow very large and cause damage very quickly.
Drywood termites do not travel from soil to wood and instead solely live in wood members of a structure. They feed continuously and are far more difficult to treat, as they do not travel on a predictable path from soil to wood. When attempting to treat drywood termites, a qualified inspector is essential. Drywood termites can multiply without detection by a homeowner and an inspector with the tenacity and the experience is needed to completely understand the structural elements of a building and the behavior of the drywood termite.
Once identified, the inspector will mark the infested areas (normally with chalk) as a way to indicate to the termite technicians where the termites are contained. Although they typically spread slowly, it is important to surround the infestation and treat to the extremes of the infestation to ensure a 100% kill. To do this takes teamwork between inspectors and technicians and a consistent treatment methodology acquired through training and certification.
Most local termite treatments for drywood termites involve injecting a product into the infested areas. This is done by drilling a small hole into the wood and then injecting the product into the hole, allowing the product to spread throughout the wood members and saturate the termite colony. A properly trained and qualified crew will know how much product to use and where to apply for the best effect.
Drywood termites are very common in coastal areas, especially with mild climates, such as the one we have in the Silicon Valley. They will be commonly found from cities like Monterey, all the way into Marin County and beyond.
Most drywood termite treatments are centered around wood areas that are accessible from the exterior of the structure (as this is how they initially entered the structure). Drywood termites can enter extremely small gaps and so around window frames and roof eaves are a favorite entry point. Once in the wood, they can typically spread unchecked by homeowners, as the crawl space and attic are not often checked. It is important to make sure the treatment is thorough and uses sufficient product to ensure a complete eradication of all termites. If some are left untreated, this can sometimes lead to the survival of a colony. In the event a colony survives, the problem has simply been slowed and not fully treated. For this reason, Planet Orange offers a complimentary checkup for all customers, following treatment to ensure that every termite has been eliminated. In the unlikely event that termite activity is noted after a treatment, the team will treat an additional area, as needed. These additional check-ups are typically completed on the anniversary of the initial treatment.
In summary, the termite treatment with Planet Orange will typically be a low-stress ordeal. We strive to offer customers convenience and flexibility and back up every treatment with a warranty to provide peace-of-mind for the future.
See original here:
Termite Treatment Services in San Jose and Bay Area by Planet ...
- These are the kinds of bugs you may see around San Antonio this summer - San Antonio Express-News - May 28th, 2020
- DOST-FPRDI studies the use of heat to treat wood and bamboo - Philippine Canadian Inquirer - May 28th, 2020
- Twitter wants to target conservatives -- with none of a publisher's responsibilities - New York Post - May 28th, 2020
- DoST studies use of heat to treat wood The Manila Times - The Manila Times - May 28th, 2020
- Long Island Prepares to Reopen: Going Back to Work (and Staying Home!) with Peace of Mind - LongIsland.com - May 26th, 2020
- Potential Impact of COVID-19 on Termite Treatment Chemical Products Market | Growth, Trends, Size, Share, Demand And Top Growing Companies 2026 - Cole... - May 23rd, 2020
- Nothing to celebrate - The Indian Express - May 23rd, 2020
- 6 Pests on the Rise During Summertime - Newswire - May 23rd, 2020
- Global Ship Reduction Gearboxes Market 2020 by Type, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast To 2026 - Jewish Life News - May 23rd, 2020
- SMITH: COVID-19 has brought an end to the handshake - Charleston Post Courier - May 20th, 2020
- Textile Yarn Market 2020 Global Overview, Growth, Size, Opportunities, Trends, Leading Company Analysis and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 20th, 2020
- Seed Coating Materials Market 2020 Global Overview, Growth, Size, Opportunities, Trends, Leading Company Analysis and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 20th, 2020
- UF/IFAS appoints interim director of Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center - hortidaily.com - May 18th, 2020
- 18 Easy Natural Home Remedies to Get Rid of Termites Quickly - May 17th, 2020
- 'They need help': The sad lives of city's 45000 hoarders - Fraser Coast Chronicle - May 11th, 2020
- 'Tis the season for flying insects that can destroy your house. So are you doing all you can to prevent the dr - WSB Radio - May 10th, 2020
- Rambo Total Pest Control SAVE 25% on local, honest, effective protection for a pest free home | The - The White Center Blog - May 10th, 2020
- Formosan termite swarming in New Orleans could continue through June, researcher says - NOLA.com - May 9th, 2020
- Female Sloth Bear Dies at Smithsonian's National Zoo - Smithsonian's National Zoo and Conservation Biology Institute - May 9th, 2020
- Termite Treatment Market Size by Top Key Players, Growth Opportunities, Incremental Revenue , Outlook and Forecasts to 2026 - Latest Herald - May 5th, 2020
- Rambo Total Pest Control SAVE 25% on local, honest, effective protection for a pest free home - The B-Town (Burien) Blog - The B-Town Blog - May 5th, 2020
- A service trip to Peru offers lessons for treating Covid-19 in the US - STAT - May 2nd, 2020
- The return to normalcy must not be a return of the old ways Howard Lee Chuan How - Malay Mail - May 2nd, 2020
- Termite Control Market Growth Opportunities, Challenges, Key Companies, Drivers and Forecast to 2026 Cole Reports - Cole of Duty - May 1st, 2020
- Startup's Tech Converts 59 Million Litres of Sewage into Reusable Water - The Better India - May 1st, 2020
- Termite Treatment Market Overview With Detailed Analysis, Competitive Landscape, Forecast to 2026|DoMyOwn, Specialist Termite Control, Rentokil -... - April 30th, 2020
- Pests in Your House: How Harmful Are They to Your Health? - Nature World News - April 30th, 2020
- US is Indias enemy when it calls out treatment of minorities, friend when Trump hugs Modi - ThePrint - April 30th, 2020
- COVID-19: Efforts Of Lagos State Government & Two Anambra Urban PGs Have Gladdened Our Heart - The Nigerian Voice - April 25th, 2020
- Insects extreme farming methods offer us lessons to learn and oddities to avoid - Science News - April 24th, 2020
- Wash away winter with these warm-weather home tasks - The Seattle Times - April 22nd, 2020
- Termite Treatment Market Analysis by Size, Share, Top Key Manufacturers, Demand Overview, Regional Outlook And Growth Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - April 22nd, 2020
- This must-read new thriller foresaw the coronavirus and Trumps response to it - Haaretz - April 22nd, 2020
- Green buildings: 18 examples of sustainable architecture around the world - CNN - April 22nd, 2020
- Covid-19: How fake news and Modi government messaging fuelled Indias latest spiral of Islamophobia - Scroll.in - April 21st, 2020
- Markhamia lutea, a versatile tree good for timber and medicine - nation.co.ke - April 18th, 2020
- 5 Reasons You Will Love Ultherapy Cosmetic Dermatology - News Lagoon - April 16th, 2020
- 8 reasons why buying used office furniture will cost you more in the long run. - News Lagoon - April 16th, 2020
- The 12 Best Hotel Room Views in the World - News Lagoon - April 16th, 2020
- Noithatkenli Explains Why it is Ideal to Choose Italian Furniture for Homes - Yahoo Finance - April 16th, 2020
- The underwater forest that may help the future of medicine - Yahoo News Canada - April 16th, 2020
- Conversations: Heather and Trevor Smith, 50 years with The Leprosy Mission in Thailand - Sight Magazine - April 16th, 2020
- Saved My Life, No Question: Boris Johnson, Out Of The Hospital, Goes Churchillian on the National Health Service - News Lagoon - April 16th, 2020
- It turns out that ants use their memories to escape from the traps - Somag News - April 11th, 2020
- Podcast: Will coronavirus change the pangolins' fate? - chinadialogue - April 9th, 2020
- Banner year for carpenter bees and other springtime pests - WBIR.com - April 9th, 2020
- A Wine-drinking Ex-Muslim's Defence Of The Tablighi Jamaat - Outlook India - April 9th, 2020
- LEE CAMP: Four Reasons the Ruling Elite Love This Crisis - Consortium News - April 9th, 2020
- Global Termite Bait System Products Market : Industry Analysis and Forecast (2019-2026) by Termite, Type, Station, Application, Distribution Channel,... - April 3rd, 2020
- Kunal Kamra gets an epic reply from Shashi Tharoor when he tells Congress leader 'time to join BJP' - Pune Mirror - March 31st, 2020
- Rescued pangolins assigned human walkers to help them find their feet again - Independent Online - March 24th, 2020
- Global Termite Treatment Chemical Products Market Estimated to Expand at a Robust CAGR by 2028 - TheLoop21 - March 17th, 2020
- A river runs through it: Tracing the Dahisar's meandering and dwindling path - Firstpost - March 16th, 2020
- Termite Treatment Market 2020 By Top Key Players/Manufacturers, Type and Application, Regions, Industry Analysis, Growth, Size, Trends and Forecast to... - March 13th, 2020
- I Went to CPAC, and All I Got Was Exposure to the Coronavirus - Mother Jones - March 12th, 2020
- Know the Warning Signs of a Termite Infestation Before It's Too Late - Business Wire - March 10th, 2020
- Miami Holds Top Spot on Orkin's Second Annual Termite Cities List - PRNewswire - March 9th, 2020
- The indomitable Myrtis Boothe - Frank, fearless and formidable - Jamaica Gleaner - March 3rd, 2020
- Mild winter weather can bring bugs into your home sooner - WWLP.com - February 19th, 2020
- Termite Treatment Chemical Products Market 2020 Is Booming Across the Globe Explored in Latest Research with Top Key Players: Bifen I/T, Terro,... - February 15th, 2020
- Global Bakery Products Market Is Estimated To Expand At a Healthy CAGR in Upcoming year 2020-2026 - Jewish Life News - February 13th, 2020
- 50 States of Love - The New York Times - February 11th, 2020
- The Daily Orange wrong to capitalize 'Black' in style change - The Daily Orange - February 10th, 2020
- 3 Healthcare Stocks That Can Double This Year - Nasdaq - January 31st, 2020
- Paypal (PYPL) Tops Q4 Earnings and Revenue Estimates - Nasdaq - January 30th, 2020
- Rollins, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter And Full-Year 2019 Financial Results - PRNewswire - January 29th, 2020
- Riding on Technological Developments and Growing Disposable Income the Global Optical Coating Equipment Market to Reach Us$ 6.4 Bn by 2027 - Melanian... - January 21st, 2020
- Global Termite Treatment Market Share Growing Rapidly with Recent Trends, Revenue and Forecast to 2026 - TheLoop21 - January 21st, 2020
- Crickets, beetles and moths. Eating them could help save the planet. But would you snack on them? - Bhekisisa - January 21st, 2020
- Global Switching Converters Market Manufacturers, Technology, Segmentation and Development Trends Forecasts to 2025 - Fusion Science Academy - January 18th, 2020
- Washington, DC Surpasses Baltimore to Secure Top Spot on Orkin's 2020 Bed Bug Cities List - PRNewswire - January 13th, 2020
- Public invited to fill out EMA survey on household chemicals - Loop News Trinidad and Tobago - January 9th, 2020
- Mimi Hardman Collections and Research Center campaign starts - yoursun.com - January 5th, 2020
- The genetic mechanism of selfishness and altruism in parent-offspring coadaptation - Science Advances - January 4th, 2020
- 11 of the Best Podcasts of the 2010s - Mental Floss - January 2nd, 2020
- Average Cost Of Termite Treatment - American Pest - December 23rd, 2019
- Top 4 Best Termite Sprays | Updated for 2019 - December 23rd, 2019
- Drywood Termites: Signs, Damage, Prevention & Treatment Cost ... - December 23rd, 2019
- PCT/BASF Announce 2019 Technicians of the Year - PCT - PCT Magazine - December 19th, 2019
- Ants rescue their injured - Stock Daily Dish - December 19th, 2019