No one ever wants to have to deal with termites, especially considering the cost. In 2019 the average termite treatment cost is $525, but can range from $217 all the way up to $2,500. Prices vary depending on the kind of treatment you need, as well as the type of termites infesting your home. In this article, find a breakdown of the cost and kind of treatment needed to get rid of these pesky insects.
There are signs for you to watch for if you think you might have termites. Winged termites almost always prove that there is a termite problem. Termites swarm in the spring with the warmer temperatures and more frequent rainfall. After the swarming period ends, winged termites fall to the ground, lose their wings and start looking for mates.
Other signs are pellet shaped brown droppings in small piles. Also mounds of sawdust around floorboards or baseboards or mounds of shed wings. A hollow sound when wood is tapped, or if walls appear to be sunken or rippled in appearance.
A home inspection is necessary to determine what the best type of termite treatment needs to be used.
Depending on the location and the size of the infested area, the cost of inspection may vary. Some professionals might conduct a termite inspection for free. The average termite inspection cost runs about $120, but other professionals may charge up to $350 for the inspection.
Pros will check for termites in crawl spaces, basements, floors, windows, overhead timber, behind appliances, door frames, inside cabinets and closets, corners of the rooms and attic.
A written estimate should include what the specific problem is, and the type of treatment recommended for that problem. Youll learn how many treatments will be needed and how often, as well as which chemicals will be used and any potential hazards of them. Youll also find out if the company will provide a warranty against any infestations in the future and how long the warranty is good for.
The average cost of termite treatment depends on several conditions, such as, how large the area is that will need to be treated. Cost also depends on if the structure is in a dry area, or a damp area which will encourage termites to set up colonies. It will also depend on how extensive the infestation is and what type and the number of treatments needed.
Cost for a limited application termite treatment can range from $217 to $868, or $3 to $16 a linear foot. The total cost for termite treatment depends on how severe the infestation is and the linear footprint of the structure.
There are several factors which contribute to the cost of termite treatments. This includes where the treatment area is located, how severe the infestation is, how knowledgeable the termite professional is, and what method of treatment is going to be used. Here are the different types of treatments you can get:
This type of treatment is used when there are termites throughout the entire house. The house is enclosed in a tent after which lethal gas is pumped in. It takes several hours to complete the process. All residents, pets and any houseplants have to leave for 3 to 5 days. The cost is $10 to $20 per linear foot which comes to about $1,200 to $2,500 for an average size home.
This approach is used for termite infestations that havent entered the home. Trenches or drilled holes are created around the exterior of the house, most often into the foundation. The professional termite exterminator will pour liquid chemicals in these trenches or holes. Treatment will discontinue when all termite activity ceases. The cost of chemical treatment is about $3 to $16 a linear foot.
Heat treatment is sometimes preferred by homeowners because its organic, chemical-free pest control. It can be used in a smaller space such as a bedroom, attic, or basement, or for the entire house. The process takes about 8 hours and has several steps to it. First, the home is enclosed within a tent to control the internal temperature. Then hot air is forced inside until it reaches 150 degrees Fahrenheit. The homes structural wood temperature is monitored until 120 degrees Fahrenheit is reached. At that temperature it will eliminate the termite colonies and their activities. After the inside temperature returns to normal, the tent is taken down the homeowners are permitted to return home. The cost for heat treatment is between $800 to $2,500, or about $10 per linear foot.
The cost of termite treatment can also be affected by the type of termite it is and the size of the infestation.
Drywood termites thrive in dry wood and are mostly found in the coastal and southern areas, particularly in Texas, Florida, California, and Louisiana. These types of termites create large tunnels that are connected by small tunnels. Some termite removal professionals will drill holes in the wood and installs a chemical gel or foam or a bait station to kill the termites. Treatment for drywood termites can average from $218 to $2,500 depending on what method is used for elimination and the location of the nest. If tenting is needed for large colonies, cost could be between $1,200 or $2,500 or even more.
This type of termite lives in moist wood and homes that have high humidity need moisture control, so a recurrence doesnt happen. The cost is from $218 to $2,500 depending on the infestation, location, and what method of extermination is used.
These types of termites live in moist environments like soil, cellars or basements. Earth or decayed wood can house a thriving colony. They create tunnels and a grid of tubes that are visible on exposed surfaces. Theyre less common in colder states although they can be found throughout the U.S. This type of termite will cause extensive damage to homes. The best treatment for these termites is baits or chemicals which are placed around the foundation or into the soil. If the termites are localized, then the cost is about $218 to $868. If the entire home is involved, then it could cost about $2,500.
To get rid of termites, it calls for experience and professional knowledge. Every method used for treating termites and is different. Your exterminator will need to know all about the termite species, how severe the infestation is, what method will work, and how to eradicate the problem.
When you hire a professional pest control company, a written estimate should include how much the treatment will cost and what kind of problem there is. It should state what type of method will be used to treat the termite infestation. Youll need to know how often the treatments will be and what chemical will be used. The termite company should go over any warnings and precautions with you. There should be a warranty and a statement of how long the warranty will last.
You need to ask how long the local exterminator has been in business. What experience and training that the technicians have and if the employees of the company are bonded.
The best way to destroy a colony of termites is to hire a professional termite exterminator.
Read more here:
Termite Treatment Cost Guide for 2019 | eLocal
- Global Switching Converters Market Manufacturers, Technology, Segmentation and Development Trends Forecasts to 2025 - Fusion Science Academy - January 18th, 2020
- Washington, DC Surpasses Baltimore to Secure Top Spot on Orkin's 2020 Bed Bug Cities List - PRNewswire - January 13th, 2020
- Public invited to fill out EMA survey on household chemicals - Loop News Trinidad and Tobago - January 9th, 2020
- Mimi Hardman Collections and Research Center campaign starts - yoursun.com - January 5th, 2020
- The genetic mechanism of selfishness and altruism in parent-offspring coadaptation - Science Advances - January 4th, 2020
- 11 of the Best Podcasts of the 2010s - Mental Floss - January 2nd, 2020
- Average Cost Of Termite Treatment - American Pest - December 23rd, 2019
- Top 4 Best Termite Sprays | Updated for 2019 - December 23rd, 2019
- Drywood Termites: Signs, Damage, Prevention & Treatment Cost ... - December 23rd, 2019
- PCT/BASF Announce 2019 Technicians of the Year - PCT - PCT Magazine - December 19th, 2019
- Ants rescue their injured - Stock Daily Dish - December 19th, 2019
- Termite Treatment Chemical Products Market Global Industry by Manufacturers, Countries, Type and Application, Forecast to 2019-2025 - Space Market... - December 17th, 2019
- Termite Control Market Outlook, Growth by Top Company, Region, Application, Driver, Trends and Forecasts By 2026| Verified Market Research - Montana... - December 16th, 2019
- Seed Treatment Fungicides Market Outlook, Growth by Top Company, Region, Application, Driver, Trends and Forecasts By 2026| Verified Market Research -... - December 15th, 2019
- Termite Treatment Chemical Products Market: Qualitative Analysis of the Leading Players and Competitive Industry Scenario, 2028 - Daily Research Stack - December 12th, 2019
- Termite Treatment Market 2019 poised to expand at a robust pace by 2024 - Markets Gazette 24 - December 12th, 2019
- Termite Treatment Chemical Products Market | Emerging Economies Expected to Influence Growth till 2024 | Key Players Talstar, Taurus SC, etc. -... - December 9th, 2019
- Termite Treatment - Chase Pest Control - December 8th, 2019
- Termites In The House Signs & Treatment | PestSeek - December 8th, 2019
- Termite Control in Atlanta GA | Termite Treatment & Inspection - December 8th, 2019
- $350,000 Homes in Kentucky, Florida and Michigan - The New York Times - November 29th, 2019
- Analysis on the World's Pest Control Services Market, 2019 to 2025 - Growth in the Construction Sector and Increase in Vector-Borne Diseases &... - November 23rd, 2019
- Princeton celebrates 25 years of research and teaching at Mpala, Kenya - Princeton University - November 20th, 2019
- 7 Best Termite Treatment in 2019 Reviewed - Pest Policy - October 20th, 2019
- The Best Drywood Termite Treatment Methods - October 20th, 2019
- How long does termite treatment last? How often is termite ... - October 2nd, 2019
- How to Kill Termites Naturally: 7 Simple Methods to Get Rid ... - October 2nd, 2019
- Learn the BEST Termite Control Products, Methods ... - April 21st, 2019
- Best Termite Treatment - March 2019: Find Termite Control ... - April 5th, 2019
- When is Termite Treatment Necessary in the North & East Bay? - April 5th, 2019
- Termite Treatment & Control Phoenix, Mesa Arizona | Free ... - April 1st, 2019
- Get Rid of Rodents With Pest Control Kennesaw - March 17th, 2019
- Termite Treatments California | 2 Year Warranty - March 16th, 2019
- Termites: Types, Facts & How to Identify Them - 15% Off ... - February 25th, 2019
- Types of Subterranean, Drywood Termite Treatments - February 24th, 2019
- Termite Treatment - North Jersey Termite - January 31st, 2019
- Effective Termite Treatment | EarthRite Findlay, OH - January 31st, 2019
- Types of Termite Treatment | Massey Services, Inc. - January 31st, 2019
- No-Tent Termite Treatments in Tampa, Clearwater, St. Pete ... - January 31st, 2019
- Termite Treatment - Phoenix, AZ | Blue Sky Pest Control - January 31st, 2019
- Termite Treatment Services in San Jose and Bay Area by Planet ... - January 31st, 2019
- Termite Frass - A Sign Of Termites Anyone Can Identify - October 16th, 2018
- Top 6 Best Termite Treatments | Updated for 2018 - September 29th, 2018
- Termite Treatments: Chemical & Baiting | Ehrlich Pest Control - September 25th, 2018
- Termite Treatment DIY Projects Craft Ideas & How Tos for ... - September 25th, 2018
- Termite Treatment Options | Western Exterminator - September 22nd, 2018
- Termite Treatment in Florida | Fahey Pest - August 2nd, 2018
- Termite Elimination - Budget Brothers Termite - July 8th, 2018
- Termite Treatment | Termite Inspection | Dawsons Australia - July 4th, 2018
- Subterranean Termite Treatment Guide - DoMyOwn.com - July 2nd, 2018
- Termite Treatment - Sentricon System | Steve's Pest Control - May 18th, 2018
- Cost of Termite Treatment - Phoenix Az - Bills Pest ... - May 18th, 2018
- 2018 Average Termite Treatment Cost (with Price Factors) - April 22nd, 2018
- DIY Termite Treatment That Is Actually Effective - March 22nd, 2018
- Termite Treatment - Bug House Pest Control - March 12th, 2018
- Termidor Termite Treatment Spray - domyown.com - March 12th, 2018
- Termite Control, Termite Treatment - March 9th, 2018
- Termite Treatment Cost and Inspection Cost Guide - March 7th, 2018
- Types of Termite Treatments - Orkin.com - March 5th, 2018
- Termite Treatment Cost - FightBugs.com - March 4th, 2018
- The Average Cost of Termite Treatment | Action Termite & Pest ... - March 4th, 2018
- How Much Does a Termite Treatment & Inspection Cost? | Do My Own - March 1st, 2018
- No-Tent vs. Tent Termite Treatment | Command Pest Control - February 19th, 2018
- Prevent Termite Damage With Termite Control and Treatment Tips - February 17th, 2018
- Termite Control & Prevention Services | Massey Services, Inc. - January 23rd, 2018
- The Best Termite Companies in Los Angeles, CA (with Free ... - January 22nd, 2018
- The 10 Best Termite Companies in Miami , FL (with ... - Thumbtack - January 22nd, 2018
- Preventive Termite Treatment - Locate Effective Preventive ... - January 13th, 2018
- Termites in Nebraska - Omaha, Lincoln, Bellevue NE - January 5th, 2018
- Termidor Termite Treatment Brisbane - Pest Control and ... - January 2nd, 2018
- Termite Treatments Process | Raleigh, Cary, Wake Forest NC - December 15th, 2017
- Top Three Termite Treatment Methods - HomeTeam Pest Defense - December 15th, 2017
- Subterranean Termite Treatment Guide - How to Get Rid of ... - November 27th, 2017
- 2017 Termite Control Service Cost | Termite Treatment Cost - November 27th, 2017
- Termite treatment, exterminator, inspections,control,wdi's - November 21st, 2017
- Learn the Best Termite Control Products, Methods, Companies ... - November 13th, 2017
- 5 Best Termite Control, Inspection Services - Ashburn VA ... - November 12th, 2017
- Termite Treatment Methods - Orange Oil Termite Control - October 1st, 2017
- Bethesda Termite Exterminators - Capitol Pest - October 1st, 2017
- Termite Treatment - Slug-A-Bug Pest Control - September 26th, 2017