Superintendent: I am so excited for the community to see these projects
After an especially busy summer, the Southwest school district reports it has made progress on its building renovations, which it began at the conclusion of the 2016-2017 school year.
Southwest was one of the first schools to start, welcoming students for another school year on Aug. 9, however the repairs are not yet completed.
Southwest Superintendent Tosha Tilford provided a report and update on the details.
When we passed this bond issue, I did not think the repairs would be completed until the end of the 2017-2018 school year, she said. The CTS Group has done a phenomenal job getting this project completed much earlier. All the work that is completed or in progress is exceptional.
At this time last year, Tilford said she worried every day that the restrooms would start backing up due to the problems they had, but now, she doesnt have.
The elementary restrooms are fabulous, she said. First of all, we are in better shape just for the fact that the elementary school has a set of functioning restrooms which have more stalls.
She is also very happy with the renovations of the middle school gymnasium, which may be completed sooner than anticipated.
I was under the impression that it would not be completed until the end of September, she said. Right now, the project could be done at the beginning of September, which is awesome. I am so excited for the community to see these projects as they get completed. I appreciate the support that the community has shown in passing this bond issue and know they will be as proud as I am with the results.
Tilford outlined the status of other renovations, including:
Lighting (complete): LED lighting is compete and was installed by local contractor, Green Switch Lighting Solutions, LLC. Two former graduates of Southwest are associated with this company, Skylar Pendergraft and Josh Corn.
Blown foam insulation throughout the gym and the locker rooms (complete).
Painting in the middle school gym is complete except for the structural wall portion. This includes the locker rooms.
Structural wall (west): The structural gym wall repair was finished the beginning of the week of Aug. 7.
Bond beams are going to be installed every five foot along the west wall and a solid row of bond beams across the top. The process includes taking the face off the concrete block at the bottom of the row and a couple across the middle. They will clean the foam insulation out of the blocks from the top to the bottom of the row. Next, a form will be placed over the block and it will be filled with concrete and rebar. Once it sets up, a new face or front of the block will be replaced down the row. In addition, the top two rows of blocks are going to be removed and replaced.
A bond beam will be poured with rebar across the top the full length of the wall. In addition, a bond beam will be will be poured behind the structural steel beams and bolts will be installed every 12 inches up the beam
Middle School HVAC (Complete): The new units have been delivered to the school and started installation on the week of Aug. 7. The nine units are installed and this portion of the project is complete.
Middle School Gym: Due for completion by early September. Gym Floor: Set to be replaced , started on Monday; termite treatment will take place at the same time.
Elementary School Restroom Renovation (completed): This portion is complete and was turned over to the school district for use as of Aug. 4.
Elementary School Restroom Addition: Foundation: footings are poured and all plumbing is completed.
Structural steel arrived the week of Aug. 7. This portion of the project is due to be completed by mid-October.
See original here:
Southwest projects continue to progress - Cassville Democrat
- Schitt's Creek: 10 Things That Make No Sense about Johnny - Screen Rant - September 19th, 2020
- Five Things About The Pantanal - Channels Television - September 19th, 2020
- This Book On Fungi Will Make You Wonder Where An Organism Ends And Environment Begins - Swarajya - September 19th, 2020
- Chennais music recording studios begin to unlock - The Hindu - September 10th, 2020
- Inventing and reinventing our traditions - The Tablet - September 10th, 2020
- Crippled by tourism drop, Audubon to shutter Insectarium; eyes move of exhibits to Aquarium - NOLA.com - September 6th, 2020
- How will they remember you? - Sunbury Daily Item - September 6th, 2020
- The other Corona: Rescued pangolin is a rehabilitation success story - Mongabay.com - August 29th, 2020
- $300k to combat termites in Elmira and Winterbourne - ObserverXtra - August 27th, 2020
- Termite Bait Systems Market By Type, Application, Element Global Trends And Forecast 2026 The Dow Chemical Company, Basf Se, Bayer Ag, Sumitomo... - August 27th, 2020
- Vertiv, Pure Storage, And More: News From August 2020 - Bio-IT World - August 26th, 2020
- Mvule, the sacred tree used in making yachts, faces extinction - Daily Nation - August 24th, 2020
- USC's Antisemitism Problem and the Gross Negligence of Education - Algemeiner - August 19th, 2020
- Coast Radio Auction items - Coast Radio - August 19th, 2020
- The Best Termite Treatment For Pest Control - Bob Vila - August 14th, 2020
- Homes Recently Listed in the Park Hills Area - Daily Journal Online - August 14th, 2020
- A Glance (and a Rooster) That Changed Everything - The New York Times - August 14th, 2020
- Al Stahler: Energy give and take | TheUnion.com - The Union of Grass Valley - August 14th, 2020
- Edited Transcript of CNTP.NS earnings conference call or presentation 13-Aug-20 10:00am GMT - Yahoo Finance - August 14th, 2020
- U.S. Pest Protection Inaugural Pest Control Service Center in the Expanding Murfreesboro, TN; Experiencing Growth Amid Pandemic - Murfreesboro Post - August 12th, 2020
- Insect Pest Control Industry Sales, Supply and Consumption 2020 Analysis and Forecasts to 2026 - Bulletin Line - August 12th, 2020
- Terminix Hit With $2 Million Punitive Damages in Alabama Trial - Yahoo Finance - August 12th, 2020
- In six years, Indias ties with other South Asian countries have frayed, providing China with an opening - The Indian Express - August 12th, 2020
- Should we celebrate the spread of peafowl in India - Down To Earth Magazine - August 10th, 2020
- For us, by us: A new mutual aid effort delivers groceries to Black queer and trans people in the Bay Area - San Francisco Chronicle - August 10th, 2020
- U.S. Pest Protection Inaugural Pest Control Service Center in the Expanding Murfreesboro, TN; Experiencing Growth Amid Pandemic - Yahoo Finance - August 10th, 2020
- Celebrity Anti-Semites Cannot Be Absolved through Private Apologies - The Times of Israel - August 9th, 2020
- Column: Real Intelligence Isn't Just A Domain Ruled by Humans - Southern Pines Pilot - August 8th, 2020
- Celebrity Antisemites Can't Be Absolved Through Private Apologies - Algemeiner - August 8th, 2020
- Modi's brutal treatment of Kashmir exposes his tactics and their flaws - The Guardian - August 6th, 2020
- Chinese-speaking hackers increase activity and diversify cyberattack methods - TechRadar - August 6th, 2020
- U.S. Pest Protection Inaugural Pest Control Service Center in the Expanding Murfreesboro, TN; Experiencing Growth Amid Pandemic - Tullahoma News and... - August 6th, 2020
- Wildlife forensics: how a giant pangolin named Ghost could help save the species - The Guardian - August 6th, 2020
- Acceptable Hatred: The Acceptance of Anti-Semitism | Daniel ODowd | The Blogs - The Times of Israel - August 6th, 2020
- Bringing the Zoo to You: July 2020 - Smithsonian's National Zoo and Conservation Biology Institute - August 6th, 2020
- Racism in the Ranks - Project On Government Oversight - July 9th, 2020
- At Its Best, The Last Of Us Part II Is A Chilling Depiction Of The Cycle Of Abuse - TheGamer - July 9th, 2020
- Judge: Orthodox camps wont be allowed to open - Forward - July 9th, 2020
- Indian citizenship has now been reduced to 'us' versus 'them' - MENAFN.COM - July 7th, 2020
- Truck Starter Motor Market Growth By Manufacturers, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 6th, 2020
- Termite Treatment Chemical Products Market Growth By Manufacturers, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 6th, 2020
- Underground Utility Mapping Market Growth By Manufacturers, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 6th, 2020
- Nutritive Sweetener Market Growth By Manufacturers, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 6th, 2020
- 50|50: The team looks at overwhelming pollution in the Hennops River - JustNje - July 6th, 2020
- Tropical forests threatened which is likely to have an impact on local livelihoods - Independent Online - July 6th, 2020
- How the ADL went from working with Facebook to leading a boycott against it - Forward - July 6th, 2020
- Real estate Q&A: Who has to pay for place to stay while rental home is tented for termites? - Boston Herald - July 4th, 2020
- How to Get Rid of Bugs and Mosquitoes This Summer - Point2 Homes - July 3rd, 2020
- Protecting the protectors: Reserve Soldier on front lines helps contain COVID-19 spread - United States Army - June 25th, 2020
- Palestinian driver killed by police in attempted car-ramming attack near Jerusalem - Forward - June 25th, 2020
- Global Medical Thermometers Market: What it got next? Find out with the latest research available at 'The Market Reports' - Farmers Ledger - June 23rd, 2020
- Insects That Are Regularly Eaten Around The World - World Atlas - June 21st, 2020
- Argentina Telecommunications Strategic Analysis and Outlook to 2025-Analysis of Argentina Mobile, Fixed Telephone and Broadband Markets - Cole of Duty - June 18th, 2020
- Pak concerned over India becoming UNSC non-permanent member - IndiaPost.com - June 17th, 2020
- GEODRILL Part Of Keeping Things Moving At The Orthopedic Training Center - Modern Ghana - June 17th, 2020
- Packaging Coating Additives Market 2019 | How The Industry Will Witness Substantial Growth In The Upcoming Years | Exclusive Report By... - June 17th, 2020
- Wild animals: A pioneering effort to save the pangolin from extinction | Future Planet - Explica - June 13th, 2020
- Where is Renovation Island Filmed? HGTV Show Filming Locations - The Cinemaholic - June 13th, 2020
- GMX Fencing Explains How to Tell when Wooden Fences Are in Need of Repair - Press Release - Digital Journal - June 12th, 2020
- Connected Healthcare Systems Market | Global Industry Analysis, Segments, Top Key Players, Drivers and Trends to 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 12th, 2020
- Stop The Wildlife Trade: China removes pangolin scales from list of traditional medicines - The Independent - June 12th, 2020
- The Walking Dead Actor Didnt Think Those Gruesome Season 5 Episodes Would Air - We Got This Covered - June 12th, 2020
- Global trade impact of the Coronavirus Termite Control Services Market Competitive Landscape Analysis with Forecast by 2018 to 2027 - Bulletin Line - May 31st, 2020
- Bugs Bunny Is Back, and So Is the Looney Tunes Mayhem - The New York Times - May 30th, 2020
- Rodenticides Market Size to Reach USD 2.66 Billion by 2027; Rising Contamination of Food Items to Aid Growth, says Fortune Business Insights -... - May 30th, 2020
- Huge The Division 2 Story Leak Confirmed By Ubisoft - GameSpot - May 30th, 2020
- Review: Bug Fables is a must-have for fans of classic Paper Mario - Nintendo Enthusiast - May 30th, 2020
- These are the kinds of bugs you may see around San Antonio this summer - San Antonio Express-News - May 28th, 2020
- DOST-FPRDI studies the use of heat to treat wood and bamboo - Philippine Canadian Inquirer - May 28th, 2020
- Twitter wants to target conservatives -- with none of a publisher's responsibilities - New York Post - May 28th, 2020
- DoST studies use of heat to treat wood The Manila Times - The Manila Times - May 28th, 2020
- Long Island Prepares to Reopen: Going Back to Work (and Staying Home!) with Peace of Mind - LongIsland.com - May 26th, 2020
- Potential Impact of COVID-19 on Termite Treatment Chemical Products Market | Growth, Trends, Size, Share, Demand And Top Growing Companies 2026 - Cole... - May 23rd, 2020
- Nothing to celebrate - The Indian Express - May 23rd, 2020
- 6 Pests on the Rise During Summertime - Newswire - May 23rd, 2020
- Global Ship Reduction Gearboxes Market 2020 by Type, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast To 2026 - Jewish Life News - May 23rd, 2020
- SMITH: COVID-19 has brought an end to the handshake - Charleston Post Courier - May 20th, 2020
- Textile Yarn Market 2020 Global Overview, Growth, Size, Opportunities, Trends, Leading Company Analysis and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 20th, 2020
- Seed Coating Materials Market 2020 Global Overview, Growth, Size, Opportunities, Trends, Leading Company Analysis and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 20th, 2020
- UF/IFAS appoints interim director of Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center - hortidaily.com - May 18th, 2020