Average Cost of Termite Treatment
Termite treatments with a limited application range from $220 and $911, or $3 to $16 per linear foot. The total expense depends on the linear footprint of the house and the size of the infestation. If you have problems with multiple pests, the cost to hire an insect control service may run another $173 on average. The following information is based on chemical treatments and bait systems, which often do not require service for the entire home.
Chemical treatments cost about $3 to $16 per linear foot. Exterminators may use a combination of these termiticides and repellants to kill existing infestations and discourage regrowth:
Professionals usually take this approach for infestations that haven't permeated the home. The process involves creating trenches or drilling holes around the exterior of a home, often directly into the foundation. The pro then pours liquid chemicals into the holes or trenches. Treatments will continue until there is no more activity.
Termidor is a popular brand of termiticide that controls subterranean, drywood and dampwood termites. It is available only to licensed professionals. Homeowners should consult a Termidor Certified Professional in their area for pricing.
Termite bait systems cost around $8 to $12 per linear foot. Pros may charge more for the placement of additional baits after initial installation. This form of treatment often costs more than chemical application because it is less precise and may require more visits.
This approach works by poisoning an attractive food source that the pests bring back to the colony. The process involves drilling holes and placing bait stations around a home. Bait extermination requires routine inspections to ensure that the baits are effective in their current locations.
Sentricon is a popular termite bait system that can be installed outdoors or inside. Baits contain a toxin that affects these insects, but not humans, pets or plants. Homeowners should contact a Certified Sentricon Specialist for an estimate.
Treatment for the entire home ranges from $1,200 to $2,500 or more and often requires tenting the house. Prices may be set as a flat rate or by size, around $5 to $20 per linear foot.
There are two common approaches that involve tenting. These methods usually cost more because they cover a larger area. Since they target the home structures only, they may not be effective against underground termite infestations.
Termite fumigation costs $10 to $20 per linear foot, or $1,200 to $2,500 for the average home.
This is a more aggressive form of extermination for activity throughout the entire house. The technique involves pumping lethal gas into the tent-enclosed house. The process takes several hours. Residents, pets and plants must remain out of the house for 3 to 5 days. Your fumigation pro will include any home attachments like a patio or garage.
Heat treatment averages about $800 to $2,500, or around $10 per linear foot. Homeowners may prefer this because it is chemical-free, organic pest control. It can work for the entire house or for localized activity in a dining room, basement or attic.
The process, which normally takes about eight hours, involves a professional who will complete the following steps:
Termite removal ranges from $218 to $2,500, depending on the species and the size of the infestation.
Exterminating subterranean termites costs around $218 to $868 for localized problems, or up to $2,500 for the entire home. The best treatments call for chemicals or baits placed into the soil around the structure or in the foundation.
Subterranean species can be the most damaging because they build underground connections between colonies. They feast on wood as a food source but live in the soil.
Drywood termite treatment averages $218 to $2,500, depending on their location and the elimination method. Some professionals are willing to place baits or apply chemical termiticides inside. In this case, the pro drills a hole in the wood and installs a bait station or a chemical gel or foam to kill the pests. Large drywood colonies may call for tenting, at a price range of $1,200 or $2,500 or more.
The price of dampwood termite control goes from $218 to $2,500, similar in expense to drywood. These pests rely on moist wood for survival. Homes with high humidity need moisture control to prevent a resurgence; this may cost extra.
A termite bond ranges from $500 to $2,000 and works like a warranty for regular treatment. The actual protection plan cost relates to the type of service provided. Usually, the professional will set an interval to come back and inspect the property as necessary. This contract offers an extra layer of termite protection.
Applying repellant to prevent termites from developing a colony may cost as much as a regular treatment, or $218 to $2,500. Which method the professional uses depends on when they visit the construction site to apply the treatment. Spraying repellant on soil prior to the installation of the foundation may take less time. Pros may choose to apply chemical termiticides and repellants to the carpentry before drywall installation.
Orkin and Terminix are two popular extermination companies with multiple service providers.
Once the termite treatment has neutralized the threat, homeowners may have to pay for additional repairs:
A termite inspection costs $50 to $280, or $100 on average. All new construction must pass this test as a protection for the first property owner. Most companies offer a free initial termite inspection for current property owners. This includes looking at a home's exterior around the foundation and the surrounding grounds for pests. These insects build tunnels, called tubes, where a colony could be living underground.
Pros check these places for signs of infestation and damage:
The inspection is based on the amount of termite activity in and around a home. Most colonies develop years before homeowners become aware of the problem. Anyone who is concerned about potential infestation can arrange for a home inspection at routine intervals.
Homeowners without a current issue can help reduce costs in the future by purchasing a termite insurance protection plan. The majority of homeowner insurance policies do not cover infestations or damage. Protection plans routinely involve an annual fee that includes:
Here is the original post:
2020 Termite Treatment Costs | Cost to Tent a House ...
- Preventive Pest Control: Check your home for termites and rats - Yahoo News - January 8th, 2021
- Afraid Of Rodents And Bugs? 2021 May Not Be Your Year - PRNewswire - January 8th, 2021
- Covid-19 Impact on Insect Protein Market | Industry Share and Forecast to 2023 - Farming Sector - January 4th, 2021
- 2020 has been horrible year for India for reasons that have nothing to do with pandemic - The Indian Express - January 4th, 2021
- Pregger Kareena Kapoor Khan gets her dream home ready ahead of second child's arrival; Shares sneak peak - PINKVILLA - January 4th, 2021
- Rosie on the House: Five must-do fixes in your aging house - Green Valley News - December 31st, 2020
- Facts & Friction: Cong Is Senas Reluctant & Helpless Ally in Maha - The Quint - December 31st, 2020
- Don't give firewood insects a winter home - Richmond Register - December 29th, 2020
- Editorial: Hamblin and Watson are true heroes | Editorials | timesnews.net - Kingsport Times News - December 28th, 2020
- Serum-Free Media Market COVID-19 Impact Analysis with Business Opportunities, Key Strategies and Insight Drivers 2020-2026 - Factory Gate - December 26th, 2020
- New windows for the New Year - Windows Hawaii - Honolulu Star-Advertiser - December 26th, 2020
- In Modis AMU pitch to Muslims, retreat from party politics hurting foreign policy interests - ThePrint - December 26th, 2020
- More people urged to apply for heritage grant - The Star Online - December 26th, 2020
- The Top 5 Termite Killers of 2020 - This Old House - December 17th, 2020
- Evidence of Oldest Gynaecological Treatment on Record, Performed in Ancient Egypt 4,000 Years Ago - HeritageDaily - December 15th, 2020
- Susan Bell Elected To The Rollins, Inc. Board Of Directors - PRNewswire - December 15th, 2020
- Terminix Internship Named to Top 100 Best Internships in America by WayUp - Business Wire - December 12th, 2020
- Researchers observe the bizarre sexual behavior of shipworms for the first time - News@Northeastern - December 10th, 2020
- Port of Subic exceeds goal with P25.8-B collection for the year - Manila Bulletin - December 10th, 2020
- Pantone reveals 2021 Color of the Year Manila Bulletin - Manila Bulletin - December 10th, 2020
- Know your stuff: How to maintain or raise the value of your house - The Edge Markets MY - December 9th, 2020
- Australian history put through the looking glass by Aboriginal artists Judy Watson and Yhonnie Scarce in new exhibition - ABC News - December 4th, 2020
- Termite Treatment Market Size, Analysis, Growth, Trends, Outlook And Forecast By 2027 - The Haitian-Caribbean News Network - December 1st, 2020
- Govt-opposition face-off: Battle on to hold, stop rally today - The News International - November 30th, 2020
- 2027 Projections: Prepaid Cards Market Report By Type, Application And Regional Outlook - The Haitian-Caribbean News Network - November 27th, 2020
- Water Testing and Analysis Market Analysis 2020-2025 With Impact Analysis of COVID-19, Rising Demand From FMCG Sector, Leading 10 Companies, Future... - November 27th, 2020
- Stonebriar Property Inspections Completes 6000th Home Inspection Since 2007 - The News Front - November 21st, 2020
- Does Your Investment Property Receive Regular Inspections? If Not, Here's Why It Should. by Dave Sweyer | Sponsored Insights - Greater Wilmington... - November 19th, 2020
- Cheetah Cubdate #14: Weighing in with New Sights - Smithsonian's National Zoo and Conservation Biology Institute - November 11th, 2020
- Margaret Atwood on alien invasions, rare curse words, and why reading poetry isn't like eating Cracker Jack - CBC.ca - November 11th, 2020
- Saving the worlds most trafficked mammal - Mail and Guardian - November 6th, 2020
- Fantastic Fungi review how mushrooms could save the world - The Guardian - November 6th, 2020
- Why Singapore insists on equality before the law: Shanmugam - The Straits Times - November 6th, 2020
- Why the country chicken is now ruling the roost - The Hindu - November 4th, 2020
- Trapped moisture is a spooky enemy to your house - The Daily World - November 1st, 2020
- How the intricacy of termite nests inspired the design of a Swedish school - CNBC - October 30th, 2020
- Your Environment This Week: Faith protects snakes, termite mound architecture, energy map for India - Mongabay-India - October 30th, 2020
- Razaro: The man every villager dared not to cross paths with - The Herald - October 30th, 2020
- Rollins, Inc. Board Director Bill J. Dismuke To Retire, Jerry W. Nix Elected As Director - PRNewswire - October 29th, 2020
- We Listened To Every Song By The Mountain Goats. Here's Every One About Cars - Jalopnik - October 29th, 2020
- Rollins, Inc. Board Director Bill J. Dismuke To Retire, Jerry W. Nix Elected As Director - Stockhouse - October 28th, 2020
- Cultural beliefs protect snakes in the dwindling sacred groves of southwestern India - Mongabay-India - October 28th, 2020
- Chromated Copper Arsenate Market Insights and Trends 2018, Forecast to 2029 - The Think Curiouser - October 25th, 2020
- What is the Job Support Scheme and how has it changed? - Yahoo Finance UK - October 23rd, 2020
- What sanitizing Louis Farrakhan tells us about the West - JNS.org - October 23rd, 2020
- Sanjay Dutt announces his victory over cancer; Calls it the best gift for Shahraan and Iqras 10th birthday - PINKVILLA - October 23rd, 2020
- Permethrin Market 2020 | Growth Opportunity and Latest Trends by Top Players and Region-Forecasts Report - Aerospace Journal - October 20th, 2020
- Is India slipping behind? Bangladesh reveals Indias challenged pre-eminence in the Bay of Bengal - Economic Times - October 20th, 2020
- Should we Reject Indian-Americans to our legislative bodies? - The Indian Panorama - October 18th, 2020
- One Year Later: The Effects of Hawai'i's Illegal Short-Term Rental Ban - HONOLULU Magazine - October 9th, 2020
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy Market Size : Technological Advancement and Growth Analysis with Forecast to 2025 - The Daily Chronicle - October 6th, 2020
- Buyers checklist for home inspections - The West Australian - October 6th, 2020
- Copper Chromated Arsenic Market 2020 is Projected to Exhibit a CAGR of XX% during the Forecast period 2026 Consumer research, Report includes Future... - October 2nd, 2020
- 'Wait for what we planted to sprout and grow': A letter from J Devika to WCC - The News Minute - October 2nd, 2020
- Schitt's Creek: 10 Things That Make No Sense about Johnny - Screen Rant - September 19th, 2020
- Five Things About The Pantanal - Channels Television - September 19th, 2020
- This Book On Fungi Will Make You Wonder Where An Organism Ends And Environment Begins - Swarajya - September 19th, 2020
- Chennais music recording studios begin to unlock - The Hindu - September 10th, 2020
- Inventing and reinventing our traditions - The Tablet - September 10th, 2020
- Crippled by tourism drop, Audubon to shutter Insectarium; eyes move of exhibits to Aquarium - NOLA.com - September 6th, 2020
- How will they remember you? - Sunbury Daily Item - September 6th, 2020
- The other Corona: Rescued pangolin is a rehabilitation success story - Mongabay.com - August 29th, 2020
- $300k to combat termites in Elmira and Winterbourne - ObserverXtra - August 27th, 2020
- Termite Bait Systems Market By Type, Application, Element Global Trends And Forecast 2026 The Dow Chemical Company, Basf Se, Bayer Ag, Sumitomo... - August 27th, 2020
- Vertiv, Pure Storage, And More: News From August 2020 - Bio-IT World - August 26th, 2020
- Mvule, the sacred tree used in making yachts, faces extinction - Daily Nation - August 24th, 2020
- USC's Antisemitism Problem and the Gross Negligence of Education - Algemeiner - August 19th, 2020
- Coast Radio Auction items - Coast Radio - August 19th, 2020
- The Best Termite Treatment For Pest Control - Bob Vila - August 14th, 2020
- Homes Recently Listed in the Park Hills Area - Daily Journal Online - August 14th, 2020
- A Glance (and a Rooster) That Changed Everything - The New York Times - August 14th, 2020
- Al Stahler: Energy give and take | TheUnion.com - The Union of Grass Valley - August 14th, 2020
- Edited Transcript of CNTP.NS earnings conference call or presentation 13-Aug-20 10:00am GMT - Yahoo Finance - August 14th, 2020
- U.S. Pest Protection Inaugural Pest Control Service Center in the Expanding Murfreesboro, TN; Experiencing Growth Amid Pandemic - Murfreesboro Post - August 12th, 2020
- Insect Pest Control Industry Sales, Supply and Consumption 2020 Analysis and Forecasts to 2026 - Bulletin Line - August 12th, 2020
- Terminix Hit With $2 Million Punitive Damages in Alabama Trial - Yahoo Finance - August 12th, 2020
- In six years, Indias ties with other South Asian countries have frayed, providing China with an opening - The Indian Express - August 12th, 2020
- Should we celebrate the spread of peafowl in India - Down To Earth Magazine - August 10th, 2020
- For us, by us: A new mutual aid effort delivers groceries to Black queer and trans people in the Bay Area - San Francisco Chronicle - August 10th, 2020
- U.S. Pest Protection Inaugural Pest Control Service Center in the Expanding Murfreesboro, TN; Experiencing Growth Amid Pandemic - Yahoo Finance - August 10th, 2020