They lurk round the corners, unnoticed, slowly increasing in numbers right under your noseuntil one day you find half eaten books and holes on the woodwork. No theyre not ghosts or some sci-fi monsters in fact it is something you come across frequently-termites, tiny white creatures that can shake the very foundation of your home. Creaking floors and sagging furniture are all signs that your house has been infested by a colony of termites. Dont worry though, you dont have to spend a fortune hiring professionals for pest control, mentioned below are some effective home remedies for getting rid of termites. Check them out-
It is no secret that termites can be a big nuisance for your property. But before you start applying any of the home remedies for getting rid of them, you first need to identify the causes that lead to these infestations. This will help you take necessary precautions to prevent termites. They are-
Other factors include dirty clogged gutters, damp drainage pipes, etc.
For killing termites you need to locate them first and that is no easy feat! As a property owner your first concern is the sturdiness and aesthetic value of your property. And termites are the last things you need at your home. Here are certain symptoms you should be looking out for-
If you find any of these symptoms, take necessary termite control measures immediately.
Before you start formulating strategies for finishing off termite colonies, it is practical that you know more about the enemy. Termites are of two types, the subterranean termite and the dry wood termite. Both feed on wood, while the subterranean thrives underground and latches onto moist trees, the dry wood termites are commonly found at homes and are known to feast on wood. Getting rid of termites the natural way is not a one day job, you need proper planning. Try out these few home remedies to get rid of them permanently-
Orange oil is a very affordable and practical way of getting rid of termite colonies. This oil is extracted from the orange peel, and is an effective biological pest control agent. Mix a few drops of orange oil with water and spray this mixture on the termites infected area.
Foam and insecticides are a popular choice for getting rid of termites. For best results spray it twice every week on the infested area. A quick and effective solution for termites, these insecticides not only destroys the colonies but also prevents any infestation in the future. Just ensure that you take proper precautionary measures when using these sprays. The foams and liquid splashes contain many toxic substances that are dangerous when inhaled. It is best that you evacuate the building before spraying it to prevent unpleasant consequences.
If you want a permanent solution for termites then electrocution is the best option available. You will find a variety of products in the market that allow you to electrocute the termite colony. This means passing high voltage electric current on the infested area, killing all the termites at once. But remember to take appropriate measures when you use these electrodes. Wear safety gloves to protect yourself from electric shocks and accidents.
Another effective method for killing termite colonies is throwing away the wooden mulch. If you have faced termite problems before or suspect an infestation, then immediately remove all the wooden mulch from your property right away. Termites breed on mulch and gradually would spread on to the furniture as well. If you cannot do away with the mulch at least keep it far away from the main house.
Termites thrive best in moderately warm and humid climate they cannot survive the extreme hot or cold, therefore temperatures such as 120 degree or above and -20 degree or below is fatal for them. Place the infested piece of furniture or wood under scorching sun. The termites will flee for shade in no time! Similarly cleaning the wood with ice cold water would also result in quick evacuation.
In case the infestation is caused by subterranean termites, the best solution is to flood the soil in and around the infested area, for although the termites need water, an excess of it is fatal for them. Flooding the soil would instantly kill termite colonies or cause them to scatter and run away. It destroys their habitat and leaves them no choice but to evacuate.
Want an instant and reliable method to get rid of termites? Use boric acid it works wonders at terminating the termite colonies. Boric acid can severely affect the nervous system of the termite, a quick and hassle free solution for destroying termite permanently. Spray some boric acid on the infected area for effective results.
The termites are big time fans of cellulose, plenty of which is found in paper and card boards. All you have to do is set up cardboard traps to lure the termites and then use an insecticide to kill them, later dispose the box somewhere far off. The trick is to collect the entire colony at one place and then killing them at once, kind of like a concentration camp just the intentions arent very evil this time!
The dead leaves, broken branches and tree stumps in the garden are the ideal breeding grounds for termites. But they wont be confined to just the garden, theyll gradually move towards the main house in search of more wood. To avoid this you must regularly clean your backyard or gardens. Remove the broken twigs and branches to prevent termite infestation.
Termite bombs or more commonly known as pesticide fogger can destroy the entire termite colonies over a large area. Just bomb the infested area with these pesticide foggers and you will have the end to the infestation in one go! Termite bomb is a very practical and time saving method for mass killing of the termites.
Aloe Vera is known for its many medicinal and healing properties but it is also one of the best and easiest home remedies for getting rid of termites. A very common plant found almost everywhere Aloe Vera is replete with many useful properties. Add some crushed Aloe Vera to a cup of water and apply this mixture to the infested area. The termites, on coming in contact with this aloe liquid, instantly die.
Nematodes are actually parasites that feed on pests for survival; they are natures way of controlling the termite population. Introduce a bunch of nematodes to the termite colony and theyll do the job for you. These nematodes attack the colony and feeds on the termite larvae, thus bringing down the termite population drastically.
A natural and safe home remedy for getting rid of termites is using clove oil. Sprinkle a mixture of clove oil and water on the termite colonies for best results. You may even use vetiver oil, another organic remedy that prevents re infestation for a considerably long time.
A reliable way to prevent the termites from destroying a piece of furniture is to coat them with petroleum jelly. After applying the jelly on the piece of wood put it out under the sun. The termites would leave the woodwork immediately.
Sodium chloride or more commonly known as salt is perhaps the easiest and quickest way to get rid of termite infestation. Spray a mixture of sodium chloride and water, or simply sprinkle some salt on to the furniture for effective results.
Though technically not a home remedy, Termidor is really helpful to get rid of termites. Termidor, a commercial product easily available is pretty reasonably priced and offers instant results.
White vinegar, a very common item found in the kitchens can come in handy for destroying termite colonies. Spray some white vinegar on the termite nest to get rid of them permanently.
One of the easiest home remedies for getting rid of termite is spreading granulated salt in and around the termite nest. This not only kills the termite, but also prevents more termites from entering the area.
Other than the home remedies, you can also take these precautionary measures to prevent the termites from infecting your property:
Follow this link:
18 Easy Natural Home Remedies to Get Rid of Termites Quickly
- These are the kinds of bugs you may see around San Antonio this summer - San Antonio Express-News - May 28th, 2020
- DOST-FPRDI studies the use of heat to treat wood and bamboo - Philippine Canadian Inquirer - May 28th, 2020
- Twitter wants to target conservatives -- with none of a publisher's responsibilities - New York Post - May 28th, 2020
- DoST studies use of heat to treat wood The Manila Times - The Manila Times - May 28th, 2020
- Long Island Prepares to Reopen: Going Back to Work (and Staying Home!) with Peace of Mind - LongIsland.com - May 26th, 2020
- Potential Impact of COVID-19 on Termite Treatment Chemical Products Market | Growth, Trends, Size, Share, Demand And Top Growing Companies 2026 - Cole... - May 23rd, 2020
- Nothing to celebrate - The Indian Express - May 23rd, 2020
- 6 Pests on the Rise During Summertime - Newswire - May 23rd, 2020
- Global Ship Reduction Gearboxes Market 2020 by Type, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast To 2026 - Jewish Life News - May 23rd, 2020
- SMITH: COVID-19 has brought an end to the handshake - Charleston Post Courier - May 20th, 2020
- Textile Yarn Market 2020 Global Overview, Growth, Size, Opportunities, Trends, Leading Company Analysis and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 20th, 2020
- Seed Coating Materials Market 2020 Global Overview, Growth, Size, Opportunities, Trends, Leading Company Analysis and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 20th, 2020
- UF/IFAS appoints interim director of Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center - hortidaily.com - May 18th, 2020
- 'They need help': The sad lives of city's 45000 hoarders - Fraser Coast Chronicle - May 11th, 2020
- 'Tis the season for flying insects that can destroy your house. So are you doing all you can to prevent the dr - WSB Radio - May 10th, 2020
- Rambo Total Pest Control SAVE 25% on local, honest, effective protection for a pest free home | The - The White Center Blog - May 10th, 2020
- Formosan termite swarming in New Orleans could continue through June, researcher says - NOLA.com - May 9th, 2020
- Female Sloth Bear Dies at Smithsonian's National Zoo - Smithsonian's National Zoo and Conservation Biology Institute - May 9th, 2020
- Termite Treatment Market Size by Top Key Players, Growth Opportunities, Incremental Revenue , Outlook and Forecasts to 2026 - Latest Herald - May 5th, 2020
- Rambo Total Pest Control SAVE 25% on local, honest, effective protection for a pest free home - The B-Town (Burien) Blog - The B-Town Blog - May 5th, 2020
- A service trip to Peru offers lessons for treating Covid-19 in the US - STAT - May 2nd, 2020
- The return to normalcy must not be a return of the old ways Howard Lee Chuan How - Malay Mail - May 2nd, 2020
- Termite Control Market Growth Opportunities, Challenges, Key Companies, Drivers and Forecast to 2026 Cole Reports - Cole of Duty - May 1st, 2020
- Startup's Tech Converts 59 Million Litres of Sewage into Reusable Water - The Better India - May 1st, 2020
- Termite Treatment Market Overview With Detailed Analysis, Competitive Landscape, Forecast to 2026|DoMyOwn, Specialist Termite Control, Rentokil -... - April 30th, 2020
- Pests in Your House: How Harmful Are They to Your Health? - Nature World News - April 30th, 2020
- US is Indias enemy when it calls out treatment of minorities, friend when Trump hugs Modi - ThePrint - April 30th, 2020
- COVID-19: Efforts Of Lagos State Government & Two Anambra Urban PGs Have Gladdened Our Heart - The Nigerian Voice - April 25th, 2020
- Insects extreme farming methods offer us lessons to learn and oddities to avoid - Science News - April 24th, 2020
- Wash away winter with these warm-weather home tasks - The Seattle Times - April 22nd, 2020
- Termite Treatment Market Analysis by Size, Share, Top Key Manufacturers, Demand Overview, Regional Outlook And Growth Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - April 22nd, 2020
- This must-read new thriller foresaw the coronavirus and Trumps response to it - Haaretz - April 22nd, 2020
- Green buildings: 18 examples of sustainable architecture around the world - CNN - April 22nd, 2020
- Covid-19: How fake news and Modi government messaging fuelled Indias latest spiral of Islamophobia - Scroll.in - April 21st, 2020
- Markhamia lutea, a versatile tree good for timber and medicine - nation.co.ke - April 18th, 2020
- 5 Reasons You Will Love Ultherapy Cosmetic Dermatology - News Lagoon - April 16th, 2020
- 8 reasons why buying used office furniture will cost you more in the long run. - News Lagoon - April 16th, 2020
- The 12 Best Hotel Room Views in the World - News Lagoon - April 16th, 2020
- Noithatkenli Explains Why it is Ideal to Choose Italian Furniture for Homes - Yahoo Finance - April 16th, 2020
- The underwater forest that may help the future of medicine - Yahoo News Canada - April 16th, 2020
- Conversations: Heather and Trevor Smith, 50 years with The Leprosy Mission in Thailand - Sight Magazine - April 16th, 2020
- Saved My Life, No Question: Boris Johnson, Out Of The Hospital, Goes Churchillian on the National Health Service - News Lagoon - April 16th, 2020
- It turns out that ants use their memories to escape from the traps - Somag News - April 11th, 2020
- Podcast: Will coronavirus change the pangolins' fate? - chinadialogue - April 9th, 2020
- Banner year for carpenter bees and other springtime pests - WBIR.com - April 9th, 2020
- A Wine-drinking Ex-Muslim's Defence Of The Tablighi Jamaat - Outlook India - April 9th, 2020
- LEE CAMP: Four Reasons the Ruling Elite Love This Crisis - Consortium News - April 9th, 2020
- Global Termite Bait System Products Market : Industry Analysis and Forecast (2019-2026) by Termite, Type, Station, Application, Distribution Channel,... - April 3rd, 2020
- Kunal Kamra gets an epic reply from Shashi Tharoor when he tells Congress leader 'time to join BJP' - Pune Mirror - March 31st, 2020
- Rescued pangolins assigned human walkers to help them find their feet again - Independent Online - March 24th, 2020
- Global Termite Treatment Chemical Products Market Estimated to Expand at a Robust CAGR by 2028 - TheLoop21 - March 17th, 2020
- A river runs through it: Tracing the Dahisar's meandering and dwindling path - Firstpost - March 16th, 2020
- Termite Treatment Market 2020 By Top Key Players/Manufacturers, Type and Application, Regions, Industry Analysis, Growth, Size, Trends and Forecast to... - March 13th, 2020
- I Went to CPAC, and All I Got Was Exposure to the Coronavirus - Mother Jones - March 12th, 2020
- Know the Warning Signs of a Termite Infestation Before It's Too Late - Business Wire - March 10th, 2020
- Miami Holds Top Spot on Orkin's Second Annual Termite Cities List - PRNewswire - March 9th, 2020
- The indomitable Myrtis Boothe - Frank, fearless and formidable - Jamaica Gleaner - March 3rd, 2020
- Mild winter weather can bring bugs into your home sooner - WWLP.com - February 19th, 2020
- Termite Treatment Chemical Products Market 2020 Is Booming Across the Globe Explored in Latest Research with Top Key Players: Bifen I/T, Terro,... - February 15th, 2020
- Global Bakery Products Market Is Estimated To Expand At a Healthy CAGR in Upcoming year 2020-2026 - Jewish Life News - February 13th, 2020
- 50 States of Love - The New York Times - February 11th, 2020
- The Daily Orange wrong to capitalize 'Black' in style change - The Daily Orange - February 10th, 2020
- 3 Healthcare Stocks That Can Double This Year - Nasdaq - January 31st, 2020
- Paypal (PYPL) Tops Q4 Earnings and Revenue Estimates - Nasdaq - January 30th, 2020
- Rollins, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter And Full-Year 2019 Financial Results - PRNewswire - January 29th, 2020
- Riding on Technological Developments and Growing Disposable Income the Global Optical Coating Equipment Market to Reach Us$ 6.4 Bn by 2027 - Melanian... - January 21st, 2020
- Global Termite Treatment Market Share Growing Rapidly with Recent Trends, Revenue and Forecast to 2026 - TheLoop21 - January 21st, 2020
- Crickets, beetles and moths. Eating them could help save the planet. But would you snack on them? - Bhekisisa - January 21st, 2020
- Global Switching Converters Market Manufacturers, Technology, Segmentation and Development Trends Forecasts to 2025 - Fusion Science Academy - January 18th, 2020
- Washington, DC Surpasses Baltimore to Secure Top Spot on Orkin's 2020 Bed Bug Cities List - PRNewswire - January 13th, 2020
- Public invited to fill out EMA survey on household chemicals - Loop News Trinidad and Tobago - January 9th, 2020
- Mimi Hardman Collections and Research Center campaign starts - yoursun.com - January 5th, 2020
- The genetic mechanism of selfishness and altruism in parent-offspring coadaptation - Science Advances - January 4th, 2020
- 11 of the Best Podcasts of the 2010s - Mental Floss - January 2nd, 2020
- Average Cost Of Termite Treatment - American Pest - December 23rd, 2019
- Top 4 Best Termite Sprays | Updated for 2019 - December 23rd, 2019
- Drywood Termites: Signs, Damage, Prevention & Treatment Cost ... - December 23rd, 2019
- PCT/BASF Announce 2019 Technicians of the Year - PCT - PCT Magazine - December 19th, 2019
- Ants rescue their injured - Stock Daily Dish - December 19th, 2019
- Termite Treatment Chemical Products Market Global Industry by Manufacturers, Countries, Type and Application, Forecast to 2019-2025 - Space Market... - December 17th, 2019