They lurk round the corners, unnoticed, slowly increasing in numbers right under your noseuntil one day you find half eaten books and holes on the woodwork. No theyre not ghosts or some sci-fi monsters in fact it is something you come across frequently-termites, tiny white creatures that can shake the very foundation of your home. Creaking floors and sagging furniture are all signs that your house has been infested by a colony of termites. Dont worry though, you dont have to spend a fortune hiring professionals for pest control, mentioned below are some effective home remedies for getting rid of termites. Check them out-
It is no secret that termites can be a big nuisance for your property. But before you start applying any of the home remedies for getting rid of them, you first need to identify the causes that lead to these infestations. This will help you take necessary precautions to prevent termites. They are-
Other factors include dirty clogged gutters, damp drainage pipes, etc.
For killing termites you need to locate them first and that is no easy feat! As a property owner your first concern is the sturdiness and aesthetic value of your property. And termites are the last things you need at your home. Here are certain symptoms you should be looking out for-
If you find any of these symptoms, take necessary termite control measures immediately.
Before you start formulating strategies for finishing off termite colonies, it is practical that you know more about the enemy. Termites are of two types, the subterranean termite and the dry wood termite. Both feed on wood, while the subterranean thrives underground and latches onto moist trees, the dry wood termites are commonly found at homes and are known to feast on wood. Getting rid of termites the natural way is not a one day job, you need proper planning. Try out these few home remedies to get rid of them permanently-
Orange oil is a very affordable and practical way of getting rid of termite colonies. This oil is extracted from the orange peel, and is an effective biological pest control agent. Mix a few drops of orange oil with water and spray this mixture on the termites infected area.
Foam and insecticides are a popular choice for getting rid of termites. For best results spray it twice every week on the infested area. A quick and effective solution for termites, these insecticides not only destroys the colonies but also prevents any infestation in the future. Just ensure that you take proper precautionary measures when using these sprays. The foams and liquid splashes contain many toxic substances that are dangerous when inhaled. It is best that you evacuate the building before spraying it to prevent unpleasant consequences.
If you want a permanent solution for termites then electrocution is the best option available. You will find a variety of products in the market that allow you to electrocute the termite colony. This means passing high voltage electric current on the infested area, killing all the termites at once. But remember to take appropriate measures when you use these electrodes. Wear safety gloves to protect yourself from electric shocks and accidents.
Another effective method for killing termite colonies is throwing away the wooden mulch. If you have faced termite problems before or suspect an infestation, then immediately remove all the wooden mulch from your property right away. Termites breed on mulch and gradually would spread on to the furniture as well. If you cannot do away with the mulch at least keep it far away from the main house.
Termites thrive best in moderately warm and humid climate they cannot survive the extreme hot or cold, therefore temperatures such as 120 degree or above and -20 degree or below is fatal for them. Place the infested piece of furniture or wood under scorching sun. The termites will flee for shade in no time! Similarly cleaning the wood with ice cold water would also result in quick evacuation.
In case the infestation is caused by subterranean termites, the best solution is to flood the soil in and around the infested area, for although the termites need water, an excess of it is fatal for them. Flooding the soil would instantly kill termite colonies or cause them to scatter and run away. It destroys their habitat and leaves them no choice but to evacuate.
Want an instant and reliable method to get rid of termites? Use boric acid it works wonders at terminating the termite colonies. Boric acid can severely affect the nervous system of the termite, a quick and hassle free solution for destroying termite permanently. Spray some boric acid on the infected area for effective results.
The termites are big time fans of cellulose, plenty of which is found in paper and card boards. All you have to do is set up cardboard traps to lure the termites and then use an insecticide to kill them, later dispose the box somewhere far off. The trick is to collect the entire colony at one place and then killing them at once, kind of like a concentration camp just the intentions arent very evil this time!
The dead leaves, broken branches and tree stumps in the garden are the ideal breeding grounds for termites. But they wont be confined to just the garden, theyll gradually move towards the main house in search of more wood. To avoid this you must regularly clean your backyard or gardens. Remove the broken twigs and branches to prevent termite infestation.
Termite bombs or more commonly known as pesticide fogger can destroy the entire termite colonies over a large area. Just bomb the infested area with these pesticide foggers and you will have the end to the infestation in one go! Termite bomb is a very practical and time saving method for mass killing of the termites.
Aloe Vera is known for its many medicinal and healing properties but it is also one of the best and easiest home remedies for getting rid of termites. A very common plant found almost everywhere Aloe Vera is replete with many useful properties. Add some crushed Aloe Vera to a cup of water and apply this mixture to the infested area. The termites, on coming in contact with this aloe liquid, instantly die.
Nematodes are actually parasites that feed on pests for survival; they are natures way of controlling the termite population. Introduce a bunch of nematodes to the termite colony and theyll do the job for you. These nematodes attack the colony and feeds on the termite larvae, thus bringing down the termite population drastically.
A natural and safe home remedy for getting rid of termites is using clove oil. Sprinkle a mixture of clove oil and water on the termite colonies for best results. You may even use vetiver oil, another organic remedy that prevents re infestation for a considerably long time.
A reliable way to prevent the termites from destroying a piece of furniture is to coat them with petroleum jelly. After applying the jelly on the piece of wood put it out under the sun. The termites would leave the woodwork immediately.
Sodium chloride or more commonly known as salt is perhaps the easiest and quickest way to get rid of termite infestation. Spray a mixture of sodium chloride and water, or simply sprinkle some salt on to the furniture for effective results.
Though technically not a home remedy, Termidor is really helpful to get rid of termites. Termidor, a commercial product easily available is pretty reasonably priced and offers instant results.
White vinegar, a very common item found in the kitchens can come in handy for destroying termite colonies. Spray some white vinegar on the termite nest to get rid of them permanently.
One of the easiest home remedies for getting rid of termite is spreading granulated salt in and around the termite nest. This not only kills the termite, but also prevents more termites from entering the area.
Other than the home remedies, you can also take these precautionary measures to prevent the termites from infecting your property:
Follow this link:
18 Easy Natural Home Remedies to Get Rid of Termites Quickly
- Termite Treatment Market Size, Analysis, Growth, Trends, Outlook And Forecast By 2027 - The Haitian-Caribbean News Network - December 1st, 2020
- Govt-opposition face-off: Battle on to hold, stop rally today - The News International - November 30th, 2020
- 2027 Projections: Prepaid Cards Market Report By Type, Application And Regional Outlook - The Haitian-Caribbean News Network - November 27th, 2020
- Water Testing and Analysis Market Analysis 2020-2025 With Impact Analysis of COVID-19, Rising Demand From FMCG Sector, Leading 10 Companies, Future... - November 27th, 2020
- Stonebriar Property Inspections Completes 6000th Home Inspection Since 2007 - The News Front - November 21st, 2020
- Does Your Investment Property Receive Regular Inspections? If Not, Here's Why It Should. by Dave Sweyer | Sponsored Insights - Greater Wilmington... - November 19th, 2020
- 2020 Termite Treatment Costs | Cost to Tent a House ... - November 11th, 2020
- Cheetah Cubdate #14: Weighing in with New Sights - Smithsonian's National Zoo and Conservation Biology Institute - November 11th, 2020
- Margaret Atwood on alien invasions, rare curse words, and why reading poetry isn't like eating Cracker Jack - CBC.ca - November 11th, 2020
- Saving the worlds most trafficked mammal - Mail and Guardian - November 6th, 2020
- Fantastic Fungi review how mushrooms could save the world - The Guardian - November 6th, 2020
- Why Singapore insists on equality before the law: Shanmugam - The Straits Times - November 6th, 2020
- Why the country chicken is now ruling the roost - The Hindu - November 4th, 2020
- Trapped moisture is a spooky enemy to your house - The Daily World - November 1st, 2020
- How the intricacy of termite nests inspired the design of a Swedish school - CNBC - October 30th, 2020
- Your Environment This Week: Faith protects snakes, termite mound architecture, energy map for India - Mongabay-India - October 30th, 2020
- Razaro: The man every villager dared not to cross paths with - The Herald - October 30th, 2020
- Rollins, Inc. Board Director Bill J. Dismuke To Retire, Jerry W. Nix Elected As Director - PRNewswire - October 29th, 2020
- We Listened To Every Song By The Mountain Goats. Here's Every One About Cars - Jalopnik - October 29th, 2020
- Rollins, Inc. Board Director Bill J. Dismuke To Retire, Jerry W. Nix Elected As Director - Stockhouse - October 28th, 2020
- Cultural beliefs protect snakes in the dwindling sacred groves of southwestern India - Mongabay-India - October 28th, 2020
- Chromated Copper Arsenate Market Insights and Trends 2018, Forecast to 2029 - The Think Curiouser - October 25th, 2020
- What is the Job Support Scheme and how has it changed? - Yahoo Finance UK - October 23rd, 2020
- What sanitizing Louis Farrakhan tells us about the West - JNS.org - October 23rd, 2020
- Sanjay Dutt announces his victory over cancer; Calls it the best gift for Shahraan and Iqras 10th birthday - PINKVILLA - October 23rd, 2020
- Permethrin Market 2020 | Growth Opportunity and Latest Trends by Top Players and Region-Forecasts Report - Aerospace Journal - October 20th, 2020
- Is India slipping behind? Bangladesh reveals Indias challenged pre-eminence in the Bay of Bengal - Economic Times - October 20th, 2020
- Should we Reject Indian-Americans to our legislative bodies? - The Indian Panorama - October 18th, 2020
- One Year Later: The Effects of Hawai'i's Illegal Short-Term Rental Ban - HONOLULU Magazine - October 9th, 2020
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy Market Size : Technological Advancement and Growth Analysis with Forecast to 2025 - The Daily Chronicle - October 6th, 2020
- Buyers checklist for home inspections - The West Australian - October 6th, 2020
- Copper Chromated Arsenic Market 2020 is Projected to Exhibit a CAGR of XX% during the Forecast period 2026 Consumer research, Report includes Future... - October 2nd, 2020
- 'Wait for what we planted to sprout and grow': A letter from J Devika to WCC - The News Minute - October 2nd, 2020
- Schitt's Creek: 10 Things That Make No Sense about Johnny - Screen Rant - September 19th, 2020
- Five Things About The Pantanal - Channels Television - September 19th, 2020
- This Book On Fungi Will Make You Wonder Where An Organism Ends And Environment Begins - Swarajya - September 19th, 2020
- Chennais music recording studios begin to unlock - The Hindu - September 10th, 2020
- Inventing and reinventing our traditions - The Tablet - September 10th, 2020
- Crippled by tourism drop, Audubon to shutter Insectarium; eyes move of exhibits to Aquarium - NOLA.com - September 6th, 2020
- How will they remember you? - Sunbury Daily Item - September 6th, 2020
- The other Corona: Rescued pangolin is a rehabilitation success story - Mongabay.com - August 29th, 2020
- $300k to combat termites in Elmira and Winterbourne - ObserverXtra - August 27th, 2020
- Termite Bait Systems Market By Type, Application, Element Global Trends And Forecast 2026 The Dow Chemical Company, Basf Se, Bayer Ag, Sumitomo... - August 27th, 2020
- Vertiv, Pure Storage, And More: News From August 2020 - Bio-IT World - August 26th, 2020
- Mvule, the sacred tree used in making yachts, faces extinction - Daily Nation - August 24th, 2020
- USC's Antisemitism Problem and the Gross Negligence of Education - Algemeiner - August 19th, 2020
- Coast Radio Auction items - Coast Radio - August 19th, 2020
- The Best Termite Treatment For Pest Control - Bob Vila - August 14th, 2020
- Homes Recently Listed in the Park Hills Area - Daily Journal Online - August 14th, 2020
- A Glance (and a Rooster) That Changed Everything - The New York Times - August 14th, 2020
- Al Stahler: Energy give and take | TheUnion.com - The Union of Grass Valley - August 14th, 2020
- Edited Transcript of CNTP.NS earnings conference call or presentation 13-Aug-20 10:00am GMT - Yahoo Finance - August 14th, 2020
- U.S. Pest Protection Inaugural Pest Control Service Center in the Expanding Murfreesboro, TN; Experiencing Growth Amid Pandemic - Murfreesboro Post - August 12th, 2020
- Insect Pest Control Industry Sales, Supply and Consumption 2020 Analysis and Forecasts to 2026 - Bulletin Line - August 12th, 2020
- Terminix Hit With $2 Million Punitive Damages in Alabama Trial - Yahoo Finance - August 12th, 2020
- In six years, Indias ties with other South Asian countries have frayed, providing China with an opening - The Indian Express - August 12th, 2020
- Should we celebrate the spread of peafowl in India - Down To Earth Magazine - August 10th, 2020
- For us, by us: A new mutual aid effort delivers groceries to Black queer and trans people in the Bay Area - San Francisco Chronicle - August 10th, 2020
- U.S. Pest Protection Inaugural Pest Control Service Center in the Expanding Murfreesboro, TN; Experiencing Growth Amid Pandemic - Yahoo Finance - August 10th, 2020
- Celebrity Anti-Semites Cannot Be Absolved through Private Apologies - The Times of Israel - August 9th, 2020
- Column: Real Intelligence Isn't Just A Domain Ruled by Humans - Southern Pines Pilot - August 8th, 2020
- Celebrity Antisemites Can't Be Absolved Through Private Apologies - Algemeiner - August 8th, 2020
- Modi's brutal treatment of Kashmir exposes his tactics and their flaws - The Guardian - August 6th, 2020
- Chinese-speaking hackers increase activity and diversify cyberattack methods - TechRadar - August 6th, 2020
- U.S. Pest Protection Inaugural Pest Control Service Center in the Expanding Murfreesboro, TN; Experiencing Growth Amid Pandemic - Tullahoma News and... - August 6th, 2020
- Wildlife forensics: how a giant pangolin named Ghost could help save the species - The Guardian - August 6th, 2020
- Acceptable Hatred: The Acceptance of Anti-Semitism | Daniel ODowd | The Blogs - The Times of Israel - August 6th, 2020
- Bringing the Zoo to You: July 2020 - Smithsonian's National Zoo and Conservation Biology Institute - August 6th, 2020
- Racism in the Ranks - Project On Government Oversight - July 9th, 2020
- At Its Best, The Last Of Us Part II Is A Chilling Depiction Of The Cycle Of Abuse - TheGamer - July 9th, 2020
- Judge: Orthodox camps wont be allowed to open - Forward - July 9th, 2020
- Indian citizenship has now been reduced to 'us' versus 'them' - MENAFN.COM - July 7th, 2020
- Truck Starter Motor Market Growth By Manufacturers, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 6th, 2020
- Termite Treatment Chemical Products Market Growth By Manufacturers, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 6th, 2020
- Underground Utility Mapping Market Growth By Manufacturers, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 6th, 2020
- Nutritive Sweetener Market Growth By Manufacturers, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 6th, 2020
- 50|50: The team looks at overwhelming pollution in the Hennops River - JustNje - July 6th, 2020
- Tropical forests threatened which is likely to have an impact on local livelihoods - Independent Online - July 6th, 2020
- How the ADL went from working with Facebook to leading a boycott against it - Forward - July 6th, 2020
- Real estate Q&A: Who has to pay for place to stay while rental home is tented for termites? - Boston Herald - July 4th, 2020