MEMPHIS, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--To recognize National Mosquito Awareness Week (June 21-27), Terminix, a leading provider of termite and pest control services and a ServiceMaster (NYSE: SERV) company, is sharing expert knowledge to help homeowners ward off mosquitoes and the serious diseases they can potentially transmit such as West Nile Virus and St. Louis encephalitis, and globally, Zika, malaria and dengue.
With travel and vacation on hold for millions across the country this summer, and many people spending more time at home, outdoor living spaces have become a place for families to escape toand keeping them comfortable and pest-free is more important than ever.
Protecting homes and families is at the heart of everything we do, said Kim Scott, president of Terminix Residential. For the last several months, our homes have also served as our offices and our schools. As Summer begins, backyards are becoming staycation spots for many families. We want to protect those outdoor spaces and the special moments that bring our customers joy, so they can focus on what matters most.
Understanding misconceptions about mosquitoes, like what attracts them and the most effective ways to keep them away from homes and yards, is critical to keeping families safeand backyards protectedthis summer.
MYTH #1: Mosquitoes need a lot of water to breed. TRUTH: Mosquitoes can breed in a very small amount of stagnant water, such as standing water in buckets, bird baths, tires, tarps, flowerpots and trash can lids. Rid your yard of these water sources every 3-5 days to help control the mosquito population. Check for standing water often as mosquitoes can lay thousands of eggs in just a couple of weeks! Mosquitoes require water to complete their life cycle, so by eliminating their water source, you eliminate their offspring.
MYTH #2: Mosquitoes aren't that dangerous. TRUTH: Mosquitoes are considered the deadliest animal on earth, spreading diseases such as malaria, Zika and West Nile virus to people across the globe. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) note that mosquitoes kill more people than any other creature in the world.
MYTH #3: Mosquitoes are only dangerous to humans. TRUTH: In fact, mosquitoes can bite, and spread diseases to, animals - including your pets! Mosquito-borne diseases kill countless birds, reptiles, dogs, horses and endangered species each year. Mosquito bites can cause canine heartworm, Eastern Equine Encephalitis and Western Equine Encephalitis in animals.
MYTH #4: DIY Mosquito control techniques are good enough. TRUTH: DIY Methods might help you temporarily get rid of adult mosquitoes, but they wont help with the thousands of eggs that could be ready to hatch at any moment. What's more, there is little scientific evidence supporting the effectiveness of citronella candles, dryer sheets, ultrasonic devices and other DIY methods. Bug zappers may eliminate some mosquitoes, however, the light itself can actually attract even more mosquitoes, thereby increasing the population in your yard.
MYTH #5: It's not a "bad year" for mosquitoes, so I dont need to worry about them in my yard. TRUTH: This year in particular, Americans are spending more time at home and outdoors in an effort to social distance. Patios, porches, decks and rooftops are all excellent places for families and mosquitoes to gather. Mosquitoes affect populations that live in temperatures above 50 degrees, meaning theyre a nuisance across the globe, but especially in areas with hot, humid climates and in coastal zones. When you take steps to control the mosquito population in your yard, youre doing your part to help protect your family, neighborhood and community.
Proper mosquito management is key to alleviating the ongoing public health concerns associated with this pest. Following these simple prevention tips and using professional control methods such as Terminix Quick Guard mosquito service can help protect families:
For more information on helping protect your home and family from mosquitoes, visit Terminix.com or call 1-800-TERMINIX.
Terminix is a leading provider of residential and commercial pest control. Headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee, Terminix services approximately 2.8 million customers in 24 countries and territories. Terminix provides pest control services and protection against termites, mosquitoes, rodents and other pests. Terminix is a business unit of ServiceMaster Global Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SERV), a leading provider of essential residential and commercial services. To learn more about Terminix, visit Terminix.com.
ServiceMaster Global Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SERV) is a leading provider of termite and pest control, cleaning and restoration services in both the residential and commercial markets, operating through an extensive service network of more than 8,000 Company-owned locations and franchise and license agreements. The Companys portfolio of well-recognized brands includes AmeriSpec (home inspections), Copesan (commercial national accounts pest management), Furniture Medic (cabinet and furniture repair), Merry Maids (residential cleaning), Nomor (European pest management), ServiceMaster Clean (commercial cleaning), ServiceMaster Restore (restoration and reconstruction), Terminix (termite and pest control) and Terminix Commercial (commercial termite and pest control). The Company is headquartered in Memphis, Tenn. Go to http://www.servicemaster.com for more information about ServiceMaster or follow the Company at twitter.com/ServiceMaster or Facebook.com/ServiceMaster.
View original post here:
Terminix Uncovers Top Mosquito Myths During National Mosquito Awareness Week - Business Wire
- 3 Top Stocks That Aren't on Wall Street's Radar - The Motley Fool - June 30th, 2020
- Pest Control & Exterminating Toms River New Jersey - June 19th, 2020
- Global Termite Control Services Market SHARE, SIZE 2020| EMERGING RAPIDLY WITH LATEST TRENDS, GROWTH, REVENUE, DEMAND AND FORECAST TO 2025 - Cole of... - June 19th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact ON Pest Control Services Market : Which region will gain the largest growth? - 3rd Watch News - June 19th, 2020
- Homeowners in 'termite belt' should be wary of insect - The Albany Herald - June 18th, 2020
- Chitin Synthesis Inhibitor Market Recent Trends, Opportunities, key drivers and Restraints over the Forecast Period 2020-2026 - Cole of Duty - June 18th, 2020
- State withholding to affect school districts - Houston Herald - June 16th, 2020
- Mild winter leading to influx of ants | News | westernmassnews.com - WESTERNMASSNEWS.com - June 16th, 2020
- COVID-19 Affects Chitin Synthesis Inhibitor Market 2020: What Will Be Competitors' Strategies by 2026 | Candida Cleanser, Termite, Bayer CropScience... - June 10th, 2020
- LOCKWOOD: Some things to know about preventive home maintenance - Mcalester News Capital - June 9th, 2020
- Global Pest Control Solutions Market 2020: Industry and Geography Insights, Size, Share, Application, Opportunity, Demnands, Trends Analysis and... - June 9th, 2020
- How to safely store firewood for woodfire heaters to minimise the threat of termites - ABC News - June 2nd, 2020
- Chapman Road home consists of space inside, out - Montgomery Advertiser - June 1st, 2020
- CWC works on disinfecting airports, PSUs to fight virus - Daily Pioneer - May 26th, 2020
- How are businesses operating safely these days? This company wants to show you - KPRC Click2Houston - May 26th, 2020
- CDC Issues 'Aggressive Rodents' Warning as Coronavirus Lockdown Orders Begin to Lift - PopCulture.com - May 26th, 2020
- TTU team soars to win at Chamber of Commerce golf event - Cookeville Herald Citizen - May 25th, 2020
- The impact of the coronavirus on the Leading Manufacturers and their Strategies to see Distinctly Growth in Professional Pest Control Market by 2024 -... - May 23rd, 2020
- Termite Control Services Market Projected to Witness Vigorous Expansion by 2027 - The Cloud Tribune - May 17th, 2020
- Termite season has arrived in Houston. Here's what you need to know - Chron - May 13th, 2020
- Best Rate Repair Blog Post Discusses Whether it's Recommended to Replace or Repair Termite Damage - USA TODAY - May 12th, 2020
- NWS: Wet, stormy weather for much of the rest of the week - Salina Post - May 12th, 2020
- At the Rail: One-day legislative session may be telling - Salina Post - May 12th, 2020
- COVID-19 impact on Urban Pest Management Market Share and Product Segment, Key Players and Demand Analysis by 2025 | Terminix, LP Pest Solutions,... - May 10th, 2020
- US Pest Protection Ranked Among Top 25 Largest Family-owned Businesses in Nashville - PRNewswire - May 6th, 2020
- Professional Pest Control Market 2020| Global Leading Players, Industry Updates, Future Growth, Business Prospects, Forthcoming Developments And... - May 6th, 2020
- Professional Pest Control Market Detailed Analysis of Current Industry Figures With Forecasts Growth by 2026 - Weekly Wall - May 6th, 2020
- The impact of the coronavirus on the Pest Control Services Market Comparative Analysis by 2027 - 3rd Watch News - May 6th, 2020
- Mass extinction of insects threatens to make the world 'collapse into chaos' - Daily Star - May 6th, 2020
- Chitin Synthesis Inhibitor Market by Technology, Application & Geography Analysis & Forecast to 2025 - AlgosOnline - May 5th, 2020
- Rhode Islanders show we are all in this together even the Big Blue Bug - The Boston Globe - May 1st, 2020
- Atlanta Ranked #1 on Orkin's 2020 Mosquito Cities List for Seventh Consecutive Year - Franchising.com - May 1st, 2020
- ROLLINS : MANAGEMENT'S DISCUSSION AND ANALYSIS OF FINANCIAL CONDITION AND RESULTS OF OPERATIONS (form 10-Q) - marketscreener.com - May 1st, 2020
- There's Now A Jim's Mowing Monopoly Game - Kotaku Australia - May 1st, 2020
- Postoperative Pain Therapeutics Service Market (impact of COVID-19) Huge Growth Opportunity in 2020-2027 with Top Players: Mallinckrodt... - April 29th, 2020
- Atlanta Ranked #1 on Orkin's 2020 Mosquito Cities List for Seventh Consecutive Year - Baker City Herald - April 27th, 2020
- ServiceMaster Global Holdings to Announce First-Quarter 2020 Results and Provide a COVID-19 Update - Business Wire - April 25th, 2020
- Trending News: Termite Control Services Market Companies, Size, Share, New Trends, Growth, Outlook, Overview, Application and Forecast 2020 to 2025 |... - April 25th, 2020
- Global Termite Control Services Market 2020 by Manufacturers, Countries, Type and Application, Forecast to 2026 - Surfacing Magazine - April 25th, 2020
- The Skinny - Tucson Weekly - April 24th, 2020
- 2020 Insights into the U.S. Commercial Cleaning Industry - Analysis of the Impact of the COVID-19 Crisis and a Looming Recession -... - April 21st, 2020
- Global Termite Control Services Market 2020 by Manufacturers, Countries, Type and Application, Forecast to 2026 - NJ MMA News - April 19th, 2020
- And Now, an Army of Rats - The Cut - April 13th, 2020
- Starving rats are resorting to war and cannibalism to survive coronavirus lockdown - New York Post - April 13th, 2020
- Profitable Strategic Report on Global Pest Control Solutions Market with Current Trends and Future Estimations 2019-2024 | Profiling Companies ... - April 3rd, 2020
- When Humans Are Sheltered in Place, Wild Animals Will Play - The Indian Express - April 3rd, 2020
- When Humans Are Sheltered in Place, Wild Animals Will Play - The New York Times - April 1st, 2020
- Pest & Termite Control in New Jersey | Horizon Pest Control - March 27th, 2020
- Stonebriar Property Inspections Celebrates Its 2,000th Frisco Home Inspection - The News Front - March 24th, 2020
- Pest Control Solutions Market: Study Navigating the Future Growth Outlook - periodical360 - March 23rd, 2020
- Where is John Finlay Now? Joe Exotic's Ex-Husband Today in 2020 - The Cinemaholic - March 20th, 2020
- 5 Stocks in the S&P 500 ETF Still Up YTD - Yahoo Finance - March 20th, 2020
- Franklin Resources Inc. Sells 8,499 Shares of Rollins, Inc. (NYSE:ROL) - Redmond Register - March 20th, 2020
- 5 Stocks in the S&P 500 ETF Still Up YTD - Nasdaq - March 19th, 2020
- Global Pest Control Solutions Market Growing Demand, Share, Size and Forecast 2020-2025 - Process Industry Match - March 13th, 2020
- Termite Swarm Season is Here: Video Story Reveals What Homeowners Need to Know - Benzinga - March 11th, 2020
- The Most Common Pests That Damage Buildings - Newswire - March 11th, 2020
- Rollins, Inc. Receives Fourth-Consecutive Top Workplaces Award From The Atlanta Journal-Constitution - PRNewswire - March 8th, 2020
- Know the Warning Signs of a Termite Infestation Before Its Too Late - Yahoo Finance - March 6th, 2020
- Love was in the Air at New Melle Baptist Church - The Boone Country Connection - March 6th, 2020
- Termite Control Services Market 2020-2025: by Key Manufacturers with Countries, Type, Application and Forecast Till 2025 - News Times - March 6th, 2020
- Pest Control in the UK Just Got Stronger With Terminix - Yahoo Finance - March 3rd, 2020
- Monmouth County Pest Control Bed Bug And Termite Exterminating Services - Newswire - March 3rd, 2020
- Around Town February 14 - The Republic - February 15th, 2020
- Raising Prices Is Stressful, But it Doesn't Have to Be! - PCT Magazine - February 15th, 2020
- Fun Facts About the 50 States: Rhode Island - IMAO - February 12th, 2020
- Smithereen Announces Acquisition - PCT - PCT Magazine - February 12th, 2020
- Stonebriar Property Inspections Celebrates 13 Years of DFW Home Inspection Success - The News Front - February 12th, 2020
- Love affair with pests still strong 25 years on - Whitsunday Times - February 12th, 2020
- Target to offer webinar on understanding innovation in pest management - Pest Management Professional magazine - February 8th, 2020
- Are bugs even peskier at the moment? - WSB Radio - February 8th, 2020
- How To Get Rid Of Termites - - VENTS Magazine - February 6th, 2020
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: PulteGroup, Rollins, D.R. Horton, L3Harris Technologies and MSCI - Nasdaq - February 6th, 2020
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Disney, Netflix, Comcast and AT&T - Nasdaq - February 6th, 2020
- Analysts Offer Predictions for Rollins, Inc.s Q1 2020 Earnings (NYSE:ROL) - Riverton Roll - February 1st, 2020
- Global Dental Drug Market will Dominate in Terms of Volume for the Next Five Years - Science of Change - January 30th, 2020
- Rollins (ROL) to Release Quarterly Earnings on Wednesday - Riverton Roll - January 28th, 2020
- Excessive Fee Suit Treads New Ground(s) - National Association of Plan Advisors - January 23rd, 2020
- Red Spruce Capital LLC Buys New Position in Rollins, Inc. (NYSE:ROL) - Riverton Roll - January 23rd, 2020
- Termite Control Services Market Extensive Growth Opportunities to Be Witnessed by 2018 to 2027 Dagoretti News - Dagoretti News - January 23rd, 2020