MANILA, Philippines - Marcos loyalist lawyer Oliver Lozano has remained true to form, beating congressmen to the draw by filing an impeachment complaint against Vice President Leni Robredo.
Lozano, who became prominent for having the most number of impeachment cases filed, was joined by radio broadcaster Melchor Chavez, representing the Volunteers for Good Government, in filing the complaint late yesterday afternoon before the office of Speaker Pantaleon Alvarez.
The Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption (VACC) is also planning to file a petition to disbar Vice President Leni Robredo if she fails to apologize publicly over her statement on alleged extrajudicial killings and the palit-ulo (head switching) scheme amid the governments war against illegal drugs.
Dante Jimenez, VACC chairman, stressed that Philippine lawyers like Robredo should behave properly and be accountable for all their data and statements, referring to the recent allegations made by the Vice President before the UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs in Vienna, Austria.
Lozano and Chavez did not file their complaint before the office of House secretary general Cesar Pareja because this has to be endorsed by an incumbent congressman. They went directly to Alvarezs office where they had it marked received.
They described Robredo as the termite of the government in their letter to Alvarez, and that her unfaithfulness has extended to the betrayal of public trust and culpable violation of the Constitution.
Headlines ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1
In the six-page complaint, Lozano claimed the former Camarines Sur congresswomans UN video regarding 7,000 victims of extrajudicial killings is fake news as this figure has been repeated again and again by the Yellow Cult, and even by uninformed media abroad.
Rappler has even misled readers by claiming that the numbers are based on data from the Philippine National Police (PNP), he wrote, insisting there has only been 2,166 people killed, which is obviously so different, three times smaller than the figure Robredo told the UN body.
Lozano also lifted a portion of an opinion column of former press secretary Rigoberto Tiglao criticizing Robredos claim about a palit-ulo scheme.
She betrayed the people by shaming the nation with her dishonest message to the UN, Lozano stressed, noting that the Vice President doesnt present any iota of evidence for her claims of the human rights violations she alleges.
In an almost six-minute video message, Robredo told the UN commission that since July last year, more than 7,000 people have been killed in summary executions and that people are told (by law enforcers) that they did not have the right to demand for search warrants because they were squatters and did not own the properties on which their houses were built.
She also spoke of palit-ulo, a scheme where a wife, husband or relative of the person included in the drug list will be taken if the one listed could not be found.
While Philippine National Police chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa admitted that the scheme does exist, he clarified that it is not implemented as described by Robredo, pointing out that palit-ulo actually refers to the police practice of charging a suspected drug pusher with a lesser offense in exchange for the identification of their suppliers or a bigger drug lord.
Its not commonly practiced but it does happen... I deny the version of VP Robredo. The police would be so stupid to do that (arrest someone else for the offense of another person), Dela Rosa said as he dared the Vice President to present such a policeman before him.
He also denied receiving a letter from Robredo asking the PNP and the Department of the Interior and Local Government to investigate the killings.
Jimenez, who believes Robredos statements were based on hearsay, said VACC wanted a public apology.
With hearsay information, she is vilifying before the world her own government to which she was sworn to protect as elected Vice President, Jimenez stressed. With Ghio Ong, Cecille Suerte Felipe, Mayen Jaymalin
See the rest here:
Marcos loyalist files impeachment complaint vs Leni - Philippine Star
- Second Opinion Termite & Pest Control - Yelp - September 13th, 2019
- Pacific Termite - 46 Photos & 78 Reviews - Pest Control ... - May 17th, 2019
- Opinions On Termite Stakes For DIY Pest Control - Pest ... - May 4th, 2019
- Nix Termite - 63 Photos & 214 Reviews - Pest Control ... - April 25th, 2019
- Termite Biz - 21 Photos & 132 Reviews - Pest Control ... - April 12th, 2019
- What Termites Can Teach Us About Cooling Our Buildings ... - March 30th, 2019
- Termite Ceiling Damage Signs and Symptoms | Terminix - March 16th, 2019
- Go Pest Bendigo - Termite inspections & treatments - March 12th, 2019
- Top 6 Best Termite Treatments | Updated for 2019 - March 9th, 2019
- Borax, Fleas and Misconceptions | Thrasher Termite & Pest ... - February 12th, 2019
- Termite Control South Africa - pestcontrolpros.co.za - February 2nd, 2019
- Termite Dream Meaning and Interpretations | Dream Stop - January 26th, 2019
- Termite Chemical Information - Termite Specialist - January 24th, 2019
- Alien (creature in Alien franchise) - Wikipedia - January 21st, 2019
- Life With No Males? These Termites Show That Its Possible ... - October 5th, 2018
- Negative Space: Manny Farber On The Movies: Manny Farber ... - September 27th, 2018
- Amazon.com: Customer reviews: Spectracide 95853 Terminate ... - September 27th, 2018
- Home | Thrasher Termite and Pest Control -- Best in San Diego - August 24th, 2018
- The Termite Danger Of Stucco And Veneer | Pest Cemetery - August 18th, 2018
- Arizona - Termite Public Service - August 12th, 2018
- Xtermite - 68 Reviews - Pest Control - 10107 Prospect Ave ... - July 1st, 2018
- Drywood Termite Tent Fumigation vs No Tent Termite ... - April 1st, 2018
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor - FiveCentNickel - February 19th, 2018
- Termite Control Stockton CA Call 916-584-9535 Termite ... - January 31st, 2018
- Reviews | Clegg's Termite and Pest Control - January 2nd, 2018
- The pest Company Kordon Termite Barriers - December 29th, 2017
- Termite life cycle: what are the stages, when do eggs ... - December 16th, 2017
- How To Get Rid Of Termites : termites in house | termite ... - November 22nd, 2017
- Consumer Update: Termite Baits - University of Kentucky - October 23rd, 2017
- Termite treatments for inside and around the home - October 1st, 2017
- Columnist Christie Moulton: Impressions of Vietnam, a half century after the war - GazetteNET - September 6th, 2017
- It has a history ... - Palo Alto Online - September 3rd, 2017
- Farce and frivolity | Opinion, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com - Philippine Star - September 2nd, 2017
- Be careful in the company - Valencia County News Bulletin - August 31st, 2017
- Short-term rentals create a long-term problem: soaring taxes for the rest of us - The Lens - August 26th, 2017
- Turnout low at first public hearing on Killeen budget - The Killeen Daily Herald - August 24th, 2017
- 'Nuno sa' internet - Inquirer.net - July 12th, 2017
- A 'Nature School' for curious visitors - The Hindu - July 6th, 2017
- I spent three days as a hunter-gatherer to see if it would improve my gut health - eNCA (satire) - July 4th, 2017
- Editorial: Gigs and garlands - News Chief - July 4th, 2017
- Editorial: Gigs and garlands - The Ledger - July 3rd, 2017
- Adjudicated, blighted property eyed by city - Crowley Post-Signal - June 28th, 2017
- Javed Akhtar, Paresh Rawal react to lynching cases | The Indian ... - The Indian Express - June 24th, 2017
- Termite Inspections: Pre Home Buying Termite Inspection - June 22nd, 2017
- Hospital Hoarding Announces NO Commission to Doctors, rakes ... - Medical Dialogues - June 19th, 2017
- Robert Lamoureux: Your Home Improvement - Santa Clarita Valley Signal - June 18th, 2017
- Mike James: The human factor - The Independent - June 16th, 2017
- Hospital Hoarding Announces NO Commission to Doctors, rakes controversy - Medical Dialogues - June 14th, 2017
- The bond between animals and man - The Straits Times - June 13th, 2017
- Opinion: Mexico's hellish drug war is getting worse, but why? - The Yucatan Times - June 10th, 2017
- The growing danger of terrorism - The Manila Times - June 6th, 2017
- The joys of living encased in concrete block: Letters - Orlando Sentinel - June 3rd, 2017
- Frequently Asked Questions - Specialist Termite Control - June 1st, 2017
- Cowboys May Ride Off Into It - New York Times - June 1st, 2017
- African desert has its own X-files - Independent Online - May 30th, 2017
- Something bigger than ourselves - Lake Country Calendar - May 25th, 2017
- Termite FAQ - DIY - Dr Don's Termite Pages - May 24th, 2017
- Kato Secondary School - Stabroek News - Stabroek News - May 24th, 2017
- Kato Secondary School - Stabroek News - May 21st, 2017
- 'Problem Home,' Chapter 2: A history of challenging local government - Los Angeles Times - May 19th, 2017
- FAGERLUND: Bugman explains pests - Rio Rancho Observer - May 15th, 2017
- LOWEST PRICE FOR VIAGRA 100MG - cialis prescription online - State Column - May 12th, 2017
- Community needs to support Etowah facility efforts - The Daily Post-Athenian - May 11th, 2017
- Neighbors want Miami commission to scuttle part of Avra Jain and Mattoni's Bayside Motor Inn redevelopment - The Real Deal Magazine - May 9th, 2017
- SIMON LINCOLN READER: Let Malikane be hoist by his own penchant for revolution - Business Day (registration) - May 5th, 2017
- Letter: Trump's talk heightens concerns - SW News Media - May 4th, 2017
- Blog: The Pacific dampwood termite - Delta-Optimist (blog) - April 26th, 2017
- McGregor managing to excel as a coach, despite working for Dragons - The Roar - April 22nd, 2017
- FAGERLUND: The ants are marching one by one... Stop 'em! - Rio Rancho Observer - April 16th, 2017
- Baiting ants - Valencia County News Bulletin - April 13th, 2017
- Our view: Watered-down septic bill barely better than nothing - TCPalm - April 7th, 2017
- Beauty and the feast - The Independent - April 7th, 2017
- New EPA administrator refuses to ban pesticide chlorpyrifos - Food Safety News - April 6th, 2017
- The science is clear; the solution is more complex - Thegardenisland.com - April 4th, 2017
- A risk-taker at 25 - Business Mirror - April 3rd, 2017
- Chemical Information - Termite Specialist - March 25th, 2017
- SXSW Film 2017 - Tiny Mix Tapes - March 24th, 2017
- Steve Hansen: Sifting through the recycling issue - Lodi News-Sentinel - March 23rd, 2017
- Impeachment stupidities | Inquirer Opinion - Inquirer.net - March 22nd, 2017
- Robredo called 'termite of government' in impeach complaint - Inquirer.net - March 22nd, 2017