No. Pesties are trying to convey the message that doing a termite treatment without sufficient knowledge, experience and the correct equipment can leave your property at risk. But other posters choose to label this as scaremongering blah blah. It's just advise from people who know. Others can choose to listen to people who reckon they know better and can save them money. We all know that sometimes cheap doesn't end up cheap.
I service around 250 customers per week, we encounter people with maverick-type attitudes all the time.
We try to inform and educate them but at the end of the day these types just hear what they want to hear, and we have to shrug our shoulders and leave them to it. But they and the DIY-ers always end up calling us back after a few years.
You see examples of this in other industries such as Mechanics, Roof-tilers, plumbers, and ESPECIALLY Lawn-mowing services. They are not threatened by DIY-ers .(My $800,000pa income is in no danger incase you were worried)
The OP percieves the information provided has been an attack when it is nothing more than advice.
OP, I'll say it again this time a little simpler:
You have done it wrong. Do it again and do it properly as described.
As you can see, I have not tried to give you my phone number or told you to get a professional in, I'm simply saying; if you are going to do it DIY , you must do it properly, which you haven't.( I know you won't as you've already wasted $250 on the 5lt Termidor)
Op's quick dismissal of the advice given is a standard example of why there is fine print in Termite Reports.I'm guessing OP and Maverick would ignore Mechanics advice too?
Always gives us a bit of a chuckle:-He takes the car in for oil change, spark plugs etc- Mechanic tells him his oil pump is leaking and will fail, he should replace it along with the bald tyres.- He ignores the Mechanic and declare him a scammer trying to fleece more money out of them.- 3 months later the crankshaft seizes due to no oil and is tyre shreds itself.- He rings the mechanic and accuses him of deliberately causing the failure.
Am I right?I know I am.
Give a little thought to the Mav, indictive of the customer who reads the first part about no termites on-site then throws the report in the drawer without reading the rest of it until 6months later when he finds Termites.
The most likely scenario and cause of Mavericks disdain towards pesties probably went like this:
- Mav calls a pestie for a termite inspect because he is concerned- Mav books a VISUAL termite inspection -Pestie does the inspection and hands him the report- pestie says no termites however there are conducive conditions on the property and he needs to read the report.- Maverick tunes out at this point as he heard No Termites and is no longer interested.- Maverick throws the report in the drawer as he incorrectly assumes it's all cut and paste.- 3months later Maverick finds termites, and rings to abuse the pestie- Pestie tells him to read the report again , because it's obvious he didnt- Maverick skips over the part in the report again which lists things like removing the wood pile from the side of the house, draining the overflow of the hot water system away from the house, removing the tree stump - Tells the pestie that stuff is just cut and paste'; it doesn't apply to him even though that's whats brought the termites in.- Skips the part in the report where an invasive inspection is recommended, because "it's cut and paste, designed to cover the pestie" - ignores the recommendation to have a chemical barrier installed because "just like the Mechanic who said the oil pump would fail, the pestie is just trying to fleece more money"
Clearly the pestie is at fault
if there were emoticons here I would add facepalm and eyerolls.
Thanks for the giggle.
Perhaps we should start writing the "fine Print" in crayon. Maybe then you won't ignore it.
See more here:
Cheap DIY Termite Treatment, save - forums.whirlpool.net.au
- Primitive Technology: Termite clay kiln & pottery - YouTube - October 5th, 2019
- Gorongosa National Park - Wikipedia - October 4th, 2019
- Housewraps, Felt Paper and Weather Penetration Barriers ... - October 4th, 2019
- Second Opinion Termite & Pest Control - Yelp - September 13th, 2019
- Pacific Termite - 46 Photos & 78 Reviews - Pest Control ... - May 17th, 2019
- Opinions On Termite Stakes For DIY Pest Control - Pest ... - May 4th, 2019
- Nix Termite - 63 Photos & 214 Reviews - Pest Control ... - April 25th, 2019
- Termite Biz - 21 Photos & 132 Reviews - Pest Control ... - April 12th, 2019
- What Termites Can Teach Us About Cooling Our Buildings ... - March 30th, 2019
- Termite Ceiling Damage Signs and Symptoms | Terminix - March 16th, 2019
- Go Pest Bendigo - Termite inspections & treatments - March 12th, 2019
- Top 6 Best Termite Treatments | Updated for 2019 - March 9th, 2019
- Borax, Fleas and Misconceptions | Thrasher Termite & Pest ... - February 12th, 2019
- Termite Control South Africa - pestcontrolpros.co.za - February 2nd, 2019
- Termite Dream Meaning and Interpretations | Dream Stop - January 26th, 2019
- Termite Chemical Information - Termite Specialist - January 24th, 2019
- Alien (creature in Alien franchise) - Wikipedia - January 21st, 2019
- Life With No Males? These Termites Show That Its Possible ... - October 5th, 2018
- Negative Space: Manny Farber On The Movies: Manny Farber ... - September 27th, 2018
- Amazon.com: Customer reviews: Spectracide 95853 Terminate ... - September 27th, 2018
- Home | Thrasher Termite and Pest Control -- Best in San Diego - August 24th, 2018
- The Termite Danger Of Stucco And Veneer | Pest Cemetery - August 18th, 2018
- Arizona - Termite Public Service - August 12th, 2018
- Xtermite - 68 Reviews - Pest Control - 10107 Prospect Ave ... - July 1st, 2018
- Drywood Termite Tent Fumigation vs No Tent Termite ... - April 1st, 2018
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor - FiveCentNickel - February 19th, 2018
- Termite Control Stockton CA Call 916-584-9535 Termite ... - January 31st, 2018
- Reviews | Clegg's Termite and Pest Control - January 2nd, 2018
- The pest Company Kordon Termite Barriers - December 29th, 2017
- Termite life cycle: what are the stages, when do eggs ... - December 16th, 2017
- How To Get Rid Of Termites : termites in house | termite ... - November 22nd, 2017
- Consumer Update: Termite Baits - University of Kentucky - October 23rd, 2017
- Termite treatments for inside and around the home - October 1st, 2017
- Columnist Christie Moulton: Impressions of Vietnam, a half century after the war - GazetteNET - September 6th, 2017
- It has a history ... - Palo Alto Online - September 3rd, 2017
- Farce and frivolity | Opinion, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com - Philippine Star - September 2nd, 2017
- Be careful in the company - Valencia County News Bulletin - August 31st, 2017
- Short-term rentals create a long-term problem: soaring taxes for the rest of us - The Lens - August 26th, 2017
- Turnout low at first public hearing on Killeen budget - The Killeen Daily Herald - August 24th, 2017
- 'Nuno sa' internet - Inquirer.net - July 12th, 2017
- A 'Nature School' for curious visitors - The Hindu - July 6th, 2017
- I spent three days as a hunter-gatherer to see if it would improve my gut health - eNCA (satire) - July 4th, 2017
- Editorial: Gigs and garlands - News Chief - July 4th, 2017
- Editorial: Gigs and garlands - The Ledger - July 3rd, 2017
- Adjudicated, blighted property eyed by city - Crowley Post-Signal - June 28th, 2017
- Javed Akhtar, Paresh Rawal react to lynching cases | The Indian ... - The Indian Express - June 24th, 2017
- Termite Inspections: Pre Home Buying Termite Inspection - June 22nd, 2017
- Hospital Hoarding Announces NO Commission to Doctors, rakes ... - Medical Dialogues - June 19th, 2017
- Robert Lamoureux: Your Home Improvement - Santa Clarita Valley Signal - June 18th, 2017
- Mike James: The human factor - The Independent - June 16th, 2017
- Hospital Hoarding Announces NO Commission to Doctors, rakes controversy - Medical Dialogues - June 14th, 2017
- The bond between animals and man - The Straits Times - June 13th, 2017
- Opinion: Mexico's hellish drug war is getting worse, but why? - The Yucatan Times - June 10th, 2017
- The growing danger of terrorism - The Manila Times - June 6th, 2017
- The joys of living encased in concrete block: Letters - Orlando Sentinel - June 3rd, 2017
- Frequently Asked Questions - Specialist Termite Control - June 1st, 2017
- Cowboys May Ride Off Into It - New York Times - June 1st, 2017
- African desert has its own X-files - Independent Online - May 30th, 2017
- Something bigger than ourselves - Lake Country Calendar - May 25th, 2017
- Termite FAQ - DIY - Dr Don's Termite Pages - May 24th, 2017
- Kato Secondary School - Stabroek News - Stabroek News - May 24th, 2017
- Kato Secondary School - Stabroek News - May 21st, 2017
- 'Problem Home,' Chapter 2: A history of challenging local government - Los Angeles Times - May 19th, 2017
- FAGERLUND: Bugman explains pests - Rio Rancho Observer - May 15th, 2017
- LOWEST PRICE FOR VIAGRA 100MG - cialis prescription online - State Column - May 12th, 2017
- Community needs to support Etowah facility efforts - The Daily Post-Athenian - May 11th, 2017
- Neighbors want Miami commission to scuttle part of Avra Jain and Mattoni's Bayside Motor Inn redevelopment - The Real Deal Magazine - May 9th, 2017
- SIMON LINCOLN READER: Let Malikane be hoist by his own penchant for revolution - Business Day (registration) - May 5th, 2017
- Letter: Trump's talk heightens concerns - SW News Media - May 4th, 2017
- Blog: The Pacific dampwood termite - Delta-Optimist (blog) - April 26th, 2017
- McGregor managing to excel as a coach, despite working for Dragons - The Roar - April 22nd, 2017
- FAGERLUND: The ants are marching one by one... Stop 'em! - Rio Rancho Observer - April 16th, 2017
- Baiting ants - Valencia County News Bulletin - April 13th, 2017
- Our view: Watered-down septic bill barely better than nothing - TCPalm - April 7th, 2017
- Beauty and the feast - The Independent - April 7th, 2017
- New EPA administrator refuses to ban pesticide chlorpyrifos - Food Safety News - April 6th, 2017
- The science is clear; the solution is more complex - Thegardenisland.com - April 4th, 2017
- A risk-taker at 25 - Business Mirror - April 3rd, 2017
- Chemical Information - Termite Specialist - March 25th, 2017
- SXSW Film 2017 - Tiny Mix Tapes - March 24th, 2017