Just about the only thing good you can say about the Deep Staters who have come out of the shadows to wage war on Donald Trump is that far more Americans are suddenly aware of the power that federal bureaucrats wield sitting in their cubicles far from the prying eyes of we who delude ourselves thinking that when we vote for presidents and senators were electing our actual leaders.
At best, were electing figureheads who will be allowed to make certain decisions for a few years. But whether the most powerful leader of the free world is Barack Obama or Donald Trump, he will have to deal with a House, a Senate and a Supreme Court, that may very likely be out of sync with his agenda. But the bureaucrats are forever. The Civil Service laws guarantee it.
Those laws were intended to protect the bureaucrats from being fired just because a different group of political partisans were taking over the reins of government. Now, with the unveiling of the Deep State, weve discovered that its the rest of us who need to be protected from their partisan machinations.
It can best be compared to a house. The house can be sold, but the new owners will be plagued with the same termite and rodent problem. And even if the new mortgage holder moves in with every intention of fumigating the place or draining the swamp, as some would call it its a plan doomed to failure.
As the pests see it, theyre the only thing holding up the structure. The machinery of government would grind to a standstill without all those egotistical bean counters and know-it-all paper pushers counting and pushing.
There is a way to eliminate them, but at this late date it would call for burning down the house.
As bad an idea as the Federal Reserve was, it has only gotten worse over the century it has existed. As pointed out by C. Mitchell Shaw in a New American essay, former New York Federal Reserve President Bill Dudley called for the Fed to tailor its policies to hurt President Trumps re-election bid.
In the piece printed by Bloomberg News (no surprise there), Dudley insisted that President Trumps trade war with China keeps undermining the confidence of businesses and consumers, worsening the economic outlook and the Fed should refuse to play along.
He went on: Refuse to adjust interest rates and set an economic policy trap that will spring on Trump, to make it abundantly clear that Trump will own the consequences of his actions, including the risk of losing the next election.
Talk about burning down the house. This schmuck wants to see the U.S. economy destroyed just so the blame can be laid at the Presidents feet.
I dont see how people like Mr. Dudley can look at themselves in the mirror. Or, for that matter, having seen Mr. Dudley, why theyd care to. But how does a person urge the Fed to destroy the economy and then claim that Trump will own the consequences of his actions?
On top of all that, everyone but money expert Dudley seems to be unaware of the fact that in spite of a trade war with China, along with sanctions on Turkey and Russia, the Stock Market has set all-time records.
Can you even imagine what his enemies would be saying about the President if the Stock Market, unemployment and wages, were still at the level they were when Obama turned off the lights and left the key under the mat?
By now, I would think that any Democrat who doesnt have a rock for a heart would have begun feeling sorry for Trump. No matter what he says, no matter what he does, he knows that 99% of newspapers and TV networks are going to devote their undivided attention to libeling and slandering him.
When hes abrasive towards the media, Joe Biden, Adam Schiff and Nancy Pelosi even though they started it hes called undignified, unpresidential and a boorish oaf. But then, when he goes into his diplomatic mode by saying nice things about his geo-political foes Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong-un and Xi Jinping they accuse him of cozying up to dictators, even if a few insincere compliments just might help keep us out of war for a change.
So, no matter if he speaks softly or loudly, whether he carries a large stick or a bunch of carrots, the man just cant win.
Except, thank God, when it comes to elections.
Being such a fan of President Trump, I was hoping that his rally in Kentucky would be enough to put Matt Bevin over the top. But in an election in which 1.4 million votes were cast, Andy Beshear won by 5,136. I then hoped Trumps rally would carry Eddie Rispone over John Bel Edwards in Louisiana, but again the Republican came up slightly short.
It had me thinking that perhaps Trumps coattails were as short as Batmans nemesis the Penguin or even Barack Obamas.
But it occurred to me that these were local elections. Its just possible that Beshear and Bel Edwards ran stronger races or had more attractive personalities. I still would have preferred to see the Republicans win in states where they certainly had a shot. But 2019 isnt 2020, when Trump himself will be on the ballot.
In 2020, the people will not only have the chance to send a message by re-electing Trump, but senators and House candidates who are either with him or against him. Thats when well be able to see what sort of coattails he has. Lets hope for the best.
The real misfortune is that when we re-elect Donald Trump, we wont be able to un-elect the bureaucrats who will continue gnawing away at the foundation of this Republic.
Im wondering if the NFL has a death wish. It doesnt really matter to me, one way or the other, as the idea of spending over three hours watching a game with a 60-minute clock strikes me as an absurd waste of time.
So, my interest is merely sociological. I mean, how is it that a sports league that so recently spit in the eye of its fans by kowtowing to a schmuck like Colin Kaepernick, and see its revenue drop precipitously as a result, have a similar brain fart this soon?
In case you hadnt heard, the NFL has decided to add Michael Vick to its list of four honorary captains for the 2020 Pro Bowl. The other three are Terrell Davis, Darrell Green and Bruce Smith.
Unlike the other three, the former Philadelphia Eagles quarterback isnt best known for his heroics on the football field, but for having gone to prison for killing a dog and promoting dog fights.
Furthermore, I know that if the four co-captains had all been white, there would have been an outcry. But the fact that the League couldnt even come up with a single white ex-player to add to the mix strikes me as odd. It does look like they really werent trying too hard.
When you add this to the capitulation to Kaepernick, it makes me wonder if the N in NFL now stands for Negro.
I came across a few words written by Louisa May Alcott 150 years ago that might well be assigned to the President: If I can do no more, let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truths sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won.
- The saga of Decriminalization of Electoral Politics in India and the way forward - 244th Law Commission Report - India Legal - September 21st, 2020
- Handloom Day announcements look like a mix of the good and the bad, but are mostly foggy - The Indian Express - August 22nd, 2020
- The CarAdvice team name their favourite car they've ever driven ... and more - CarAdvice - August 22nd, 2020
- Termite Control Products and Services Market Competition Landscape by Key Players, Growth Strategy, Business Opportunities, Trends and Forecast Study... - August 20th, 2020
- Termite Monitoring Service Market Projected to Witness Vigorous Expansion by 2020-2026 | , DoMyOwn, Specialist Termite Control - Bulletin Line - August 17th, 2020
- A Spokesperson Died After A TV Debate. Will We Do Nothing? - NDTV - August 14th, 2020
- Column: Avoiding self-care can be just as damaging to loved ones - Alton Telegraph - August 6th, 2020
- The Bible doesn't allow divorce on grounds of mutual love that has died - Brunswick News - August 6th, 2020
- Restrictions on religious shops, mrityubhoj and expensive weddings - Avenue Mail - July 6th, 2020
- Letters to the Editor | Local Editorials and Opinion | tucson.com - Arizona Daily Star - July 5th, 2020
- From Hormonal Balance To Preventing UTI, The Many Ways Khus Roots Can Benefit You - NDTV Doctor - June 24th, 2020
- Repairing Termite Damage: Can Termite Damage Be Fixed? - June 21st, 2020
- Conservative Jews: Do you care about Israel? Then vote Trump out - Forward - June 21st, 2020
- Millions of Indians suffered because of administrative failures on a criminal scale - The Indian Express - June 15th, 2020
- Donald Trump is having a bad week. He must find an Amit Shah of his own - ThePrint - June 4th, 2020
- Nokia 5.1 Plus now receiving Android 10 in the latest update - News Lagoon - May 29th, 2020
- Termite Control Market Recent Trends and Developments, Challenges and Opportunities, key drivers and Restraints over the Forecast Period 2020-2026|... - May 23rd, 2020
- Termite infestations in your home: How to find, treat and ... - May 16th, 2020
- When termites swarm, don't hide; track them down ... - April 30th, 2020
- Seth Green bio: age, height, net worth, wife, movies and TV shows - Latest News in Nigeria & Breaking Naija News 24/7 | LEGIT.NG - April 30th, 2020
- Baiting Vs Liquid for Termites, Which one is better ... - April 27th, 2020
- The Rich Are Fleeing the Plagued City, Again - TheStranger.com - April 18th, 2020
- The worst holiday destinations, according to Telegraph readers - Telegraph.co.uk - April 18th, 2020
- News, Finance and Lifestyle - Yahoo Singapore News - April 12th, 2020
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Drug Market is Expected to Thrive at Impressive CAGR by 2026 & Top Key Players are Roche, Boehringer Ingelheim,... - April 9th, 2020
- Letter: Editorial cartoon was not a collectable one - The Westerly Sun - April 9th, 2020
- 15 ways to practice social distance in Jersey and still have fun - New Jersey 101.5 FM Radio - March 20th, 2020
- Get 2nd opinion on termite inspection - SFGate - March 19th, 2020
- Stevens: Is there room for extremists on social media? - Oregon Daily Emerald - March 12th, 2020
- Anacapa View residents forced to pay for years of neglect - Tri County Sentry - March 10th, 2020
- Leaky boot among host of car troubles - SowetanLIVE - March 3rd, 2020
- Bangladesh is doing well - The Navhind Times - February 23rd, 2020
- Wikipedia Is the Last Best Place on the Internet - WIRED - February 22nd, 2020
- Commentary: 'Parasite' became an Oscars success story overnight because of years of Asian American support - The San Diego Union-Tribune - February 15th, 2020
- Your letters to the editor: Shame on Evers for ditching Pence - Madison.com - February 1st, 2020
- Letters: The democratic freedom to decide Britains policies is the fundamental point of Brexit - Telegraph.co.uk - January 31st, 2020
- Modi-Shahs Delhi dislike found its new target just in time for election Shaheen Bagh - ThePrint - January 29th, 2020
- The thin line of healing - The Hindu - January 27th, 2020
- Why there is a need for Home Improvement? - RecentlyHeard.com - January 24th, 2020
- On the job in Illinois - The Baxter Bulletin - January 20th, 2020
- The case for ... making low-tech 'dumb' cities instead of 'smart' ones - The Guardian - January 15th, 2020
- Modi-Shahs BJP govt has failed Indias youth and is now stuck fighting them - ThePrint - January 13th, 2020
- The Modi-Shah BJP government has failed and is now fighting India's youth - Daily Gaming Worlld - January 12th, 2020
- 7 Mistakes To Avoid While Renovating Your Living Room - RecentlyHeard.com - January 4th, 2020
- Rollins, Inc. - ROL - Stock Price Today - Zacks - January 2nd, 2020
- What went right in the past decade around the world - The Times - January 2nd, 2020
- A threat to the idea of South Asia - Dhaka Tribune - December 16th, 2019
- So that nobody can be somebody - Telegraph India - December 15th, 2019
- Mistrust and confusion - The Hindu - December 15th, 2019
- Defend against Chronic Wasting Disease this fall | Sports - Richmond Register - December 1st, 2019
- How the BHU students were demonised and the ones who refused to be secularised unfairly called bigots - OpIndia - November 20th, 2019
- Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Reports | Arizona ... - October 30th, 2019
- Cheap DIY Termite Treatment, save - forums.whirlpool.net.au - October 7th, 2019
- Primitive Technology: Termite clay kiln & pottery - YouTube - October 5th, 2019
- Gorongosa National Park - Wikipedia - October 4th, 2019
- Housewraps, Felt Paper and Weather Penetration Barriers ... - October 4th, 2019
- Second Opinion Termite & Pest Control - Yelp - September 13th, 2019
- Pacific Termite - 46 Photos & 78 Reviews - Pest Control ... - May 17th, 2019
- Opinions On Termite Stakes For DIY Pest Control - Pest ... - May 4th, 2019
- Nix Termite - 63 Photos & 214 Reviews - Pest Control ... - April 25th, 2019
- Termite Biz - 21 Photos & 132 Reviews - Pest Control ... - April 12th, 2019
- What Termites Can Teach Us About Cooling Our Buildings ... - March 30th, 2019
- Termite Ceiling Damage Signs and Symptoms | Terminix - March 16th, 2019
- Go Pest Bendigo - Termite inspections & treatments - March 12th, 2019
- Top 6 Best Termite Treatments | Updated for 2019 - March 9th, 2019
- Borax, Fleas and Misconceptions | Thrasher Termite & Pest ... - February 12th, 2019
- Termite Control South Africa - pestcontrolpros.co.za - February 2nd, 2019
- Termite Dream Meaning and Interpretations | Dream Stop - January 26th, 2019
- Termite Chemical Information - Termite Specialist - January 24th, 2019
- Alien (creature in Alien franchise) - Wikipedia - January 21st, 2019
- Life With No Males? These Termites Show That Its Possible ... - October 5th, 2018
- Amazon.com: Customer reviews: Spectracide 95853 Terminate ... - September 27th, 2018
- Home | Thrasher Termite and Pest Control -- Best in San Diego - August 24th, 2018
- The Termite Danger Of Stucco And Veneer | Pest Cemetery - August 18th, 2018
- Arizona - Termite Public Service - August 12th, 2018
- Xtermite - 68 Reviews - Pest Control - 10107 Prospect Ave ... - July 1st, 2018
- Drywood Termite Tent Fumigation vs No Tent Termite ... - April 1st, 2018
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor - FiveCentNickel - February 19th, 2018
- Termite Control Stockton CA Call 916-584-9535 Termite ... - January 31st, 2018
- Reviews | Clegg's Termite and Pest Control - January 2nd, 2018