Termite tenting is a very effective treatment when dealing with Drywood termites.While the process of treating ahome infested withtermites is doneby pest control professionals, youhave a part to play in the tenting process. When it is time to treat your home for termites there are a few things you can do. Your responsibility is to get your home readyfor fumigation.
It is important to understand what termite tenting is and why is it considered the most effective treatment option fordealing with a termite infestation. Get familiar with the material used (the large tarp or polyethylene cover) to encase your property. Also, work to understandthe chemicals and gas that will be used in your home.
Make Accommodation Plans for The FamilySince your house will be under a tent and quarantined for up to 48hours for the chemicals used to work, you will have to make plans for your family to have suitable accommodations during that period. Plan to be away from your home for a minimum of 3 days. Ask your South Florida pest control expert for exact dates.
Seal and Toss Away ConsumablesRemove allperishables from your home and double seal the ones you question. However, the best option is to relocate them to a storage outside your home. The sealing and relocation also applies to pet foods and all medical and hygiene products.
Pack and Store ClothesPack away and store all yourclothing, beddings, and curtains. Place them in appropriate bags and consider double-packing to make this easier and offer more effective protection. Begin by sealing away all porous items for your protection.
Unplug All Electrical AppliancesTurn off and/or unplug yourovens, washers machines, refrigerators, television, and heaters. You can also talk to the gas company to cut and resume supply after the fumigation for your protection as well.
Take Out All PlantsRemove all indoor plants as well as those on the patios and place outside yourhome. Ensure that you protect them from damage by moving them away from the perimeter of your home so that your pest control specialists can tent your home without obstruction.
Uncover The Furniture and UpholsteryUnwrap all plastic-covered seats, cushions, and mattresses because the covers inhibit the effectiveness of the chemicals used to rid the home of termites. It is a precautionary measure that ensures the termites have no place to hide.
Open All Doors Between RoomsLeave the doors between rooms open to all the chemical to spread through the house. You should also leave the closets, drawers, and cabinets. Leave all shutters and drapes open to make it easier for the fumigator to spray the entire house.
Prep The Exterior of the Home the TentIt will include removing the aerials, trimming any shrubs and tree branches, cuttingback the mulch or gravel at least a foot from yourfoundation. You can also ensure all the vegetation along the foundation are well watered to help them withstand the chemicals during the fumigation.
Leave YourKeysThe termite treatmentprofessionalswill needkeys to every section of your home and will be keen to lock up the place when finished. There is likely a secondary locking system for the house to ensure nobody enters the home during fumigation and the 24-hour quarantine period.
Air Your HomeThe termite treatmentexpertswill remove the tent as planned on the determined day. The pest control experts will check the quality of air using special equipment before you are allowed to enter your home. Remember to open all the door and windows to air the rooms to allow the chemicals to dissipate.
Clean Utensils, Furniture, andAll SurfacesIt is important to wash all the utensils and clothes to rid them of the fumigation chemicals even those sealed away. Also, remember to wipe the floors, doors, windows, shelves, countertops to rid the surfaces of any chemical residue.
You should have a follow-up plan and keep in touch with your exterminator for a re-inspection for any termite re-infestation. Termite tenting can be overwhelming, however,with proper preparations, termite tenting becomes easier. You should know what is expected of you in the tenting process and be sure that you are working with a reputable termite fumigation expert.
11 Steps to Prepare for Termite Tenting | Command Pest Control
- How Much Does Termite Fumigation Cost? 7 Tips to Lower ... - April 3rd, 2020
- How My Landlord Used a Loophole to Get Over on Me and My Neighbors - LA Progressive - March 13th, 2020
- ServiceMaster Delivers Full-Year 2019 Revenue Growth of 9 Percent - Business Wire - February 27th, 2020
- The 10 Best Termite Companies in Secaucus, NJ (with Free ... - February 1st, 2020
- Citizenship protests in northeast show Muslims are really on their own in this fight - ThePrint - December 16th, 2019
- Pest Control Perth | Allpest - October 3rd, 2019
- Preparing for Tent Fumigation of Your Home - September 28th, 2019
- Fumigating and Tenting a Home for Drywood Termites ... - Orkin - September 14th, 2019
- Termite Tenting & Fumigation- Cost, Preparation, Safety ... - May 25th, 2019
- Termite Tenting Preparation: Fumigation Checklist, Side ... - April 6th, 2019
- The Fumigation Process - quantumtermite.com - April 6th, 2019
- Termite Fumigation: preparation stage, how to prepare for ... - March 16th, 2019
- Termite Professionals - Broward, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach ... - March 16th, 2019
- Orange Oil Termite Control Orange Oil Termite Control ... - March 12th, 2019
- Fumigation Service Pest Control Termite Treatment, Bed ... - January 25th, 2019
- Termite Fumigation - Southern California Exterminators - November 24th, 2018
- 21 Best Pest Control Companies - Newark NJ | Exterminators - November 9th, 2018
- Termite Fumigation Termite Control Exterminators - May 20th, 2018
- Termite heat treatment vs fumigation: pros and cons - May 15th, 2018
- Termite Fumigation San Luis Obispo, CA | Termite ... - April 16th, 2018
- Termite Fumigation - Proven Termite Solutions - March 27th, 2018
- LD Termite | Complete Pest and Termite Control - February 14th, 2018
- How Much Does Termite Fumigation Cost? - Networx - February 5th, 2018
- Fumigating and Tenting a Home for Drywood Termites - February 5th, 2018
- TERMITE CONTROL EXTERMINATORS - Gopher Patrol - February 1st, 2018
- POST FUMIGATION FAQs - Kama'aina Termite And Pest Control - February 1st, 2018
- Orange Oil vs Fumigation - Natural Termite Treatment - December 29th, 2017
- Termites and Fumigation - Tri-County Pest Control Inc. - December 22nd, 2017
- Understanding Tent Fumigation | Command Pest Control - December 7th, 2017
- Fumigations - Summit Termite & Pest Control - December 7th, 2017
- Exterminator When is Fumigation Necessary? - December 7th, 2017
- Fumigation Services & Tenting | Call PestMax at (239) 454-4888 - December 7th, 2017
- Fumigation : Termite Fumigation : San Diego Fumigation : Los ... - November 26th, 2017
- Tent Fumigation - Terma Guard - October 23rd, 2017
- Termite & Bed Bug Fumigation Services | Geiger's Pest - October 23rd, 2017
- Best 30 Termite in Ashburn, Virginia with Reviews - YP.com - October 1st, 2017
- Fumigation Service Market Projected to Breed Steadily for Comprehensive Insights 2015 - 2025 - Digital Journal - September 6th, 2017
- Termite Fumigation Treatments In San Diego, Orange County ... - September 4th, 2017
- Termite Fumigation Alternatives in Tampa | Anti-Pesto - September 4th, 2017
- Fumigation Service Market : Growth, Demand and Key Players to 2025 - satPRnews (press release) - September 1st, 2017
- Arrow Environmental Services Hires Three Branch Operations Managers - PCT Magazine - August 25th, 2017
- Fumigation Service Market Report Offers Intelligence and Forecast till (2015-2025) - satPRnews (press release) - August 21st, 2017
- Bannon is gone from the White House, but he has already laid eggs in everything - Washington Post - August 19th, 2017
- Global Agricultural Fumigants Market - By Type, Application, Form, Regions - Market Size, Demand Forecasts, Industry ... - Business Wire (press... - August 18th, 2017
- Fumigation Service Market Report Offers Intelligence and Forecast ... - MilTech - August 17th, 2017
- Temporary Relocation For Santa Monica Tenants - Santa Monica Daily Press - August 12th, 2017
- Tents at the Pruneyard? Blame termites - The Mercury News - August 9th, 2017
- Bitten by the bug, renowned termite killer, researcher retires from University of California - East Bay Times - August 5th, 2017
- Bitten by the bug, renowned termite killer, researcher retires from ... - The Mercury News - August 5th, 2017
- What You Should Know About Termite Fumigation | Enlighten Me - July 30th, 2017
- Burglars Break Into Fumigated Home In Harbor Gateway North - CBS Los Angeles - July 30th, 2017
- Intensive Pest Control Service Offers Free Termite Inspections In Long Beach - Digital Journal - July 30th, 2017
- Fulton Speedway Ready For Topless Late Models And Yellow-Out Action Packed Race Night July 29 - Oswego Daily News - July 30th, 2017
- A new research report explores the Fumigation Service Market for ... - MilTech - July 6th, 2017
- India's Fumigation Rules Extended Amidst Uncertainty In Pulses Export - BW Businessworld - July 3rd, 2017
- Global Agricultural Fumigants Market 2017 Analysis, Segmentation, Competitors Analysis, Product Research, Trends ... - MilTech - June 30th, 2017
- St. Augustine's Lightner Museum fumigation begins Friday | WJAX-TV - ActionNewsJax.com - June 27th, 2017
- Dont Know if you Need Fumigation? - Pest Control Termite ... - June 23rd, 2017
- Global Fumigation Service Market Growth, Forecast and Value Chain 2014 to 2020 - Digital Journal - June 23rd, 2017
- Termite fumigation: what is tenting for termites? - pests.guru - June 23rd, 2017
- How to Prepare for a Termite Fumigation - June 16th, 2017
- Termite Fumigation Process - Termites: Control, Inspection ... - June 15th, 2017
- How Does Termite Heat Treatment Work? Heat Fumigation - June 10th, 2017
- Fumigation Service Market Size, Analysis, and Forecast Report 2015-2025 - LANews By Abhishek Budholiya (press release) (blog) - June 7th, 2017
- Getting Started: Why and How Add-Ons Help You Retain & Gain Customers - PCT Magazine - June 1st, 2017
- Caught on Camera: Thief targets home tented for termites in Carl ... - CBS 8 San Diego - May 25th, 2017
- Agricultural Fumigants Market- Analysis, Share & Trends from 2017 2024 - satPRnews (press release) - May 25th, 2017
- Rollins, Inc. (ROL) Reaches $42.15 52-Week High, Last Week ... - NormanObserver.com - May 23rd, 2017
- Best Secaucus Termite Treatment - Secaucus, NJ Termite ... - May 21st, 2017
- 'Recycling in Australia is dead in the water': three companies tackling our plastic addiction - The Guardian - May 21st, 2017
- When homeselling heroes come to the rescue - OCRegister - May 20th, 2017
- Interim CEO says ranch foundation remains in the black - Camarillo Acorn - May 19th, 2017
- Tips to keep from becoming victims of auto and home break-ins - Miami Herald - May 19th, 2017
- Fumigation | 4 Less Termite, Inc. - Termite Repair, Termite ... - May 11th, 2017
- The 10 Best Termite Companies in San Diego, CA 2017 - May 11th, 2017
- Termite Tenting & Fumigation Costs: Price of Home ... - May 10th, 2017
- Tasmanian design centre reopens after suspected termite alert in US artwork - ABC Online - April 23rd, 2017
- Oxnard Fire Station No. 1 to close temporarily - Ventura County Star - April 13th, 2017
- Big Clay Meets Big Legal Order - NY Times Gets Malibu Story Half ... - Malibu Times - April 11th, 2017
- School District Backs Down Under Community Pressure to Halt Chemical Spraying - Malibu Times - April 7th, 2017