An inspection report came back Saturday with Visible evidence of wood-destroying insects were observed.
The visible evidence was, subterranean termite shelter tube stains.
Stains! They didnt even see any of those dried mud shelter tubes? Just stains?
As is very often the case when evidence of termites is found, the inspection also said that, Visible evidence of previous treatment was observed.
That means the inspector could see where holes were drilled into the foundation to pump insecticide under the slab during the previous treatment.
There is no way of knowing how old the shelter tube stains are. Im guessing they are pretty dang old if there were no visible shelter tubes, just stains. Im guessing there is a dang good possibility that those stains were there BEFORE the previous treatment and there are no active termites currently.
I dont really mind. I represent the buyers and weve requested that the seller treat for termites. Im not a termite expert. We have to go with the opinion of the experts.
Termites are common in Arizona. They say if you dont have termites, you will. Fortunately, they are not very aggressive.
Nevertheless, I think there are way too many homes being treated for termites that dont have a termite problem. They HAD a termite problem. It was treated. The problem was solved.
But now every time those homes are inspected the old visible evidence from years ago triggers the termite inspector to check Yes to Visible evidence of wood-destroying insects were observed.
I first got hip to this scam a few years ago when a termite inspector showed me the termite mud shelter tube on an exterior block wall. That home too had been previously treated only 2 years earlier.
I asked that termite inspector how he knew that tube was not already there before the termite treatment 2 years earlier. He didnt know. He couldnt know. He thought the tube looked like it could be old but he didnt know. Since he saw it, he had to mark it down as Visible evidence.
Fine. Be on the safe side.
So I asked the termite guy if he would remove that single shelter tube after the home was treated. That way the old tube wouldnt cause a termite inspector in the future to mistakenly believe the tube was caused by currently active termites.
He said, No. He would not remove the termite shelter tube after treatment.
Right now when you subscribe to the email newsletter for Arizona Real Estate Notebook you get FREE access to 3 amazingly useful charts from "The Cromford Report."
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription and you'll get a link to the 3 Amazing Graphs. And a link to the 3 Amazing Graphs will also be included in all email newsletters.
Termite inspection scam? - Arizona Real Estate Notebook
- The Klein Law Firm Reminds Investors of Class Actions on Behalf of Shareholders of FITB, SERV and HALL - Yahoo Finance - June 1st, 2020
- SERV ALERT: The Klein Law Firm Announces a Lead Plaintiff Deadline of June 9, 2020 in the Class Action Filed on Behalf of Servicemaster Global... - May 23rd, 2020
- The Klein Law Firm Reminds Investors of Class Actions on Behalf of Shareholders of SERV, BIDU and CTMX - Yahoo Finance - May 23rd, 2020
- The Klein Law Firm Reminds Investors of Class Actions on Behalf of Shareholders of SERV, BBBY and IQ - Yahoo Finance - May 13th, 2020
- Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Reminds Investors That Class Action Lawsuits Have Been Filed Against ServiceMaster, iAnthus, iQIYI, and GSX Techedu... - May 1st, 2020
- Bragar Eagel & Squire, PC Reminds Investors That Class Action Lawsuits Have Been Filed Against ServiceMaster, iAnthus, iQIYI, and GSX Techedu and... - April 30th, 2020
- The Klein Law Firm Reminds Investors of Class Actions on Behalf of Shareholders of ALGN, CRON and SERV - Yahoo Finance - April 28th, 2020
- Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Reminds Investors That Class Action Lawsuits Have Been Filed Against eHealth, ServiceMaster, and iQIYI and Encourages... - April 24th, 2020
- Homebuying in old and new ways - Alpine Sun - April 18th, 2020
- BEWARE TERMITES AND FRAUD - Sun Sentinel - April 8th, 2020
- Contractor Scams To Avoid | Typical Contractor Scams - March 17th, 2020
- Polymer Products: Colorants, Additives & Formulations - March 17th, 2020
- Sour Poi Awards: Looking Back on the Best of the Worst News in Hawai'i from 2019 - HONOLULU Magazine - February 11th, 2020
- 2020 Average Shredding Services Cost (with Price Factors) - January 23rd, 2020
- What went right in the past decade | News - The Times - December 31st, 2019
- Gympie's 'dodgy brothers' ripped locals off to tune of $70k - Gympie Times - December 6th, 2019
- Comparing of Rollins Inc. (ROL) and First Data Corporation (:) - The Broch Herald - December 6th, 2019
- 'Why Let a Good Crisis Go to Waste?': What India Needs to Remember to Overcome its Economic Slump - The Wire - November 21st, 2019
- Kissing bug identification requires closer look - Insects ... - October 12th, 2019
- Recognize these common types of termite fraud | The Mims ... - June 1st, 2019
- Industrial Hemp Program | Arizona Department of Agriculture - May 17th, 2019
- Polymer, Colorant & Chemical Safety Data Sheets - May 12th, 2019
- Find jobs with Washington Post National Jobs - May 12th, 2019
- Mobile Personal Injury Attorneys | Alabama Accident ... - April 14th, 2019
- PolyOne Company Officer Information & Biographies - April 6th, 2019
- Termite Control Treatment Options - April 5th, 2019
- Pest Control / Business Services / Home - Florida ... - March 27th, 2019
- Pesticide Applicator Information - March 12th, 2019
- Texas Leaf Cutting Ant - Insects in the City - March 6th, 2019
- Find an Attorney - Terminix Complaints - Real Stories from ... - February 22nd, 2019
- Louis Farrakhan: Im Not An Anti-Semite. Im Anti-Termite ... - February 3rd, 2019
- Contact PolyOne Today | Quick Contact Form - February 3rd, 2019
- Arizona Forum - Relocation, Moving, General and Local City ... - October 6th, 2018
- Black Widow Termite and Pest Control in Manhattan New York - September 4th, 2018
- Phone Losers of America home of The Snow Plow Show wacky ... - August 5th, 2018
- OnCap Anti-Rodent & Anti-Termite Technology | PolyOne - August 5th, 2018
- Apitherapy - Wikipedia - July 23rd, 2018
- Dont Confuse Bed Bugs with These Misdiagnosed Conditions - July 13th, 2018
- Facts About Termites - Where do the different species live? - May 23rd, 2018
- Termite Damage Claims Lawyer Mobile | Small Business ... - May 22nd, 2018
- Slowing tax refunds aimed at cutting fraud :: WRAL.com - May 21st, 2018
- Fake companies, fake workers: State battling new type of ... - May 18th, 2018
- Accused ISIS recruiter pleads guilty to fraud, tax charges ... - May 10th, 2018
- Reasons to Cancel a Pest Control Agreement | Legalbeagle.com - April 27th, 2018
- Planet Orange - 22 Photos & 493 Reviews - Pest Control ... - April 6th, 2018
- Sellers Disclosure of Property Condition - HouseDefects.com - April 5th, 2018
- News & Updates - Standards Australia - March 15th, 2018
- Duty to Disclose for Sellers in Florida Residential Real ... - March 7th, 2018
- Termite Building Code / Pest Control / Business Services ... - December 25th, 2017
- Green Explored: Bloom Energy Ecofraud in Delaware This Year - December 21st, 2017
- Pest Control Pest Management and Termite Inspection ... - December 16th, 2017
- Conehead Termite Program / Termites / Protect Your Home ... - November 26th, 2017
- Metrobank says arrest made after P900-M fraud report | ABS ... - October 22nd, 2017
- UPDATE: Refund for Cash Plus investors will definitely ... - October 1st, 2017
- Financial Review: ServiceMaster Global Holdings (SERV) vs. Lifelock (LOCK) - TrueBlueTribune - September 2nd, 2017
- Fight to fund Honolulu's rail continues Monday at a special legislative session - KITV Honolulu - August 31st, 2017
- Lifelock (LOCK) vs. ServiceMaster Global Holdings (SERV) Head to Head Review - Week Herald - August 31st, 2017
- Comparing ServiceMaster Global Holdings (SERV) and Lifelock (LOCK) - StockNewsTimes - August 27th, 2017
- Fraud Headlines | Association of Certified Fraud Examiners - August 13th, 2017
- Short-term thinking keeps Australia stuck in crisis - Business Insider Australia - August 7th, 2017
- Florida man caught with his crime to-do list - KNSS - August 1st, 2017
- Daily Technical Summary Reports on Business Services Stocks -- Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Rollins, Cardtronics, and ... - SYS-CON Media (press... - July 11th, 2017
- Life after Croman - The Real Deal Magazine - July 4th, 2017
- IRS summertime tax tip 2017-01: Tips to know for deducting losse ... - WKOW - July 4th, 2017
- What is Termite Fraud in Alabama? - Real Estate Legal ... - June 29th, 2017
- Pest Control and Termite Inspection Insurance | Wallace ... - June 11th, 2017
- We name stink da road the Banes/Nanes debacle - Breaking Belize News (blog) - June 6th, 2017
- VIAGRA GENERIC 100MG - cialis best price - State Column - May 11th, 2017
- Tim Moss Answers Your Home Remodeling & Repair Questions - WBT - May 9th, 2017
- Owner of Oklahoma tornado shelter company charged with embezzlement - KOKH FOX25 - May 5th, 2017
- NJ Statutes of Limitation for Breach of Contract and Fraud - April 10th, 2017
- Charlotte Termite Companies, Best Termite Protection ... - April 6th, 2017
- Learn About Costa Rica's Largest Eco Developer: Kalia Living - The Costa Rica Star - March 24th, 2017
- Marcos loyalists ask House to endorse impeachment rap vs. Robredo - CNN Philippines - March 22nd, 2017
- A campaign to unseat - The Manila Times - March 13th, 2017
- Professor Miller and the Bottomless Pit of Academia - Conatus News - March 12th, 2017
- MOLLY'S COLUMN | Valley Roadrunner - Valley Roadrunner - March 9th, 2017
- The Home Improvement Show 10am, Paul LaGrange - WWL First News - March 1st, 2017
- DeMarcus Cousins brings out the fighting side of Holley and Keefe (Round Two!) - WEEI.com - February 22nd, 2017
- Mexican Woman Sentenced To Eight Years in Jail for Voting in Texas Illegally - Houston Press - February 11th, 2017