October 25, 2016 by Darren & filed under .
New Jersey Home Inspections, conducted by Darren Miller from About The House, is your assurance of quality, integrity & professionalism. Darren is licensed & certified to conduct New Jersey home inspections, radon testing & wood destroying insect inspections. Serving all of Northern New Jersey, Bergen, Essex, Morris, Somerset, Union, Sussex, Warren & Hunterdon Counties, our goal is to provide you with the best possible home inspection available. Darren, considered to be among the elite of New Jersey licensed home inspectors, will promise you his best effort at conducting your home inspection. Darren gets about 90% of his inspections from past clients; he knows a satisfied client is the best sales force for future business.
You will not get a more thorough home inspection or a more detailed report anywhere.
Darren understands that purchasing a home is one of the most important decisions & investments you will make. Our typical client is someone who doesnt mind paying more for a high quality service, as long as they get what they pay for. They want to know their home inside and out, and we have built our reputation on living up to this expectation for nearly 20 years.
Darren Miller, New Jersey Home Inspectors License #24GI00019700, is a certified NJ UCC Building Inspector ICS (NJ DCA) # 009387 and is a certified Credentialed Wood Destroying Insect inspector #214. A home inspection conducted by About The House, using the New Jersey State Home Inspection and ASHI standards of practice will give you a clear cut, un-biased view of the house. This information will allow you to make a decision based on information rather than guess work.
Darrens report tells it like it is, if its broke, the report says so; if its a safety issue, the report says so. While other home inspection companies claim they are fair to the house or are non-alarmist, what theyre really saying is their report may not really reflect the conditions they see. They are ensuring their next referral from your agent. My feelings are simple, I didnt build it, I didnt fix it, Im just reporting what I see.
When choosing a New Jersey licensed & certified home inspector.About the House is the only information you need.
Here is the latest from the NJDEP radon division.
I specialize in new construction; from phase inspections to just a final inspection, we are there to help you along! So, your newly constructed house doesnt need a home inspection? Read this New Home Inspection Nightmare or this New home inspection; Waste, Fraud, Abuse first.
For a Professional Engineer in Morris County James Guider & Associates
The following are items that you wouldnt think to check when owning a house but we see incorrect every day:
There are many types of exterior sidings, from bricks to stucco. I see the same problems with all types of exterior covering, here are just a few types of exterior coverings & what you should look for.
Bricks: As per NJ IRC R703.7.5 & R703.7.6, brick veener should be installed with weep holes and flashing at many different locations. At the base (just above grade level), under all windows, above most windows and doors. Flashing & weep holes remove any water that penetrated the brick. Without weep holes, any water that gets behind the brick has no way to get out; wood rot & mold is the result. See BIA for additional information.
Vinyl siding- The Vinyl Siding Institute has developed what is known as the industry standard to manufacture & installing vinyl siding. The 2 biggest problems with vinyl siding is not installing the proper flashing & not allowing for movement of the siding. Most flashing cannot be seen (installed before the siding); the only way you find out its wrong is when leakage occurs. The siding can be nailed too tight (vinyl siding should be hung, not secured) and most installers or homeowners will caulk the thru wall penetrations at the siding; caulking should be applied where the penetration meets the SHEATHING!
The most common problem wood, vinyl & aluminum siding is its too low to the ground. This is a result of poor planning during construction or years of building up top-soil or mulch. If the ground is in contact with wood, vinyl or aluminum siding, its a condition conducive to wood rot (sheathing and/or sill plate) and wood destroying pest infestation.
Lets be honest, you probably dont know about these things. Thats where I come in; Hiring me to conduct a home inspection, even if you have lived in your current house for years, is a good idea just so you at least know what needs repairs, replacement or just plain maintenance.
Here are several tricks other home inspectors conduct:
Some have the homeowner mail in the radon canister (against the rules) (I use monitors, if someone touches it, it shows a tilt).
When inspecting a roof, some state in their report, and I quote The accepted standard is visual observation with binoculars. My question is, who accepted this standard, Not ME!
Believe me, there are plenty of really good inspectors in NJ, your job is to find us. The Great State of New Jersey has just made it more difficult for you to chose a qualified inspector. Instead of raising the bar, making it tougher, they actually lowered the standards to become licensed. They dont care about protecting the interest of the consumer, all they want is more MONEY! Make sure your home inspector is qualified, ask them how long they have been in business, how much training and education they have. PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT!
Calling 973-252-1160 insures you of quality results. RememberIts all.About The House
New Jersey home inspector; NJ Building inspector; NJ home inspector. Morris County home inspector; Morris County home inspections; Somerset County Home Inspector; Essex County Home Inspector; New Jersey Certified Home Inspector; Certified New Jersey Home Inspector; Basking Ridge Home Inspector; New Jersey radon testing; Radon tests; Termite inspections
See the original post here:
New Jersey Home Inspection - About the House is a home ...
- Gympie's 'dodgy brothers' ripped locals off to tune of $70k - Gympie Times - December 6th, 2019
- Comparing of Rollins Inc. (ROL) and First Data Corporation (:) - The Broch Herald - December 6th, 2019
- 'Why Let a Good Crisis Go to Waste?': What India Needs to Remember to Overcome its Economic Slump - The Wire - November 21st, 2019
- Kissing bug identification requires closer look - Insects ... - October 12th, 2019
- Recognize these common types of termite fraud | The Mims ... - June 1st, 2019
- Industrial Hemp Program | Arizona Department of Agriculture - May 17th, 2019
- Polymer, Colorant & Chemical Safety Data Sheets - May 12th, 2019
- Find jobs with Washington Post National Jobs - May 12th, 2019
- Mobile Personal Injury Attorneys | Alabama Accident ... - April 14th, 2019
- PolyOne Company Officer Information & Biographies - April 6th, 2019
- Termite Control Treatment Options - April 5th, 2019
- Pest Control / Business Services / Home - Florida ... - March 27th, 2019
- Pesticide Applicator Information - March 12th, 2019
- Texas Leaf Cutting Ant - Insects in the City - March 6th, 2019
- Find an Attorney - Terminix Complaints - Real Stories from ... - February 22nd, 2019
- Louis Farrakhan: Im Not An Anti-Semite. Im Anti-Termite ... - February 3rd, 2019
- Contact PolyOne Today | Quick Contact Form - February 3rd, 2019
- Arizona Forum - Relocation, Moving, General and Local City ... - October 6th, 2018
- Black Widow Termite and Pest Control in Manhattan New York - September 4th, 2018
- Phone Losers of America home of The Snow Plow Show wacky ... - August 5th, 2018
- OnCap Anti-Rodent & Anti-Termite Technology | PolyOne - August 5th, 2018
- Apitherapy - Wikipedia - July 23rd, 2018
- Dont Confuse Bed Bugs with These Misdiagnosed Conditions - July 13th, 2018
- Facts About Termites - Where do the different species live? - May 23rd, 2018
- Termite Damage Claims Lawyer Mobile | Small Business ... - May 22nd, 2018
- Slowing tax refunds aimed at cutting fraud :: WRAL.com - May 21st, 2018
- Fake companies, fake workers: State battling new type of ... - May 18th, 2018
- Accused ISIS recruiter pleads guilty to fraud, tax charges ... - May 10th, 2018
- Reasons to Cancel a Pest Control Agreement | Legalbeagle.com - April 27th, 2018
- Planet Orange - 22 Photos & 493 Reviews - Pest Control ... - April 6th, 2018
- Sellers Disclosure of Property Condition - HouseDefects.com - April 5th, 2018
- News & Updates - Standards Australia - March 15th, 2018
- Duty to Disclose for Sellers in Florida Residential Real ... - March 7th, 2018
- Termite Building Code / Pest Control / Business Services ... - December 25th, 2017
- Green Explored: Bloom Energy Ecofraud in Delaware This Year - December 21st, 2017
- Pest Control Pest Management and Termite Inspection ... - December 16th, 2017
- Conehead Termite Program / Termites / Protect Your Home ... - November 26th, 2017
- Metrobank says arrest made after P900-M fraud report | ABS ... - October 22nd, 2017
- UPDATE: Refund for Cash Plus investors will definitely ... - October 1st, 2017
- Financial Review: ServiceMaster Global Holdings (SERV) vs. Lifelock (LOCK) - TrueBlueTribune - September 2nd, 2017
- Fight to fund Honolulu's rail continues Monday at a special legislative session - KITV Honolulu - August 31st, 2017
- Lifelock (LOCK) vs. ServiceMaster Global Holdings (SERV) Head to Head Review - Week Herald - August 31st, 2017
- Comparing ServiceMaster Global Holdings (SERV) and Lifelock (LOCK) - StockNewsTimes - August 27th, 2017
- Fraud Headlines | Association of Certified Fraud Examiners - August 13th, 2017
- Short-term thinking keeps Australia stuck in crisis - Business Insider Australia - August 7th, 2017
- Florida man caught with his crime to-do list - KNSS - August 1st, 2017
- Daily Technical Summary Reports on Business Services Stocks -- Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Rollins, Cardtronics, and ... - SYS-CON Media (press... - July 11th, 2017
- Life after Croman - The Real Deal Magazine - July 4th, 2017
- IRS summertime tax tip 2017-01: Tips to know for deducting losse ... - WKOW - July 4th, 2017
- What is Termite Fraud in Alabama? - Real Estate Legal ... - June 29th, 2017
- Pest Control and Termite Inspection Insurance | Wallace ... - June 11th, 2017
- We name stink da road the Banes/Nanes debacle - Breaking Belize News (blog) - June 6th, 2017
- VIAGRA GENERIC 100MG - cialis best price - State Column - May 11th, 2017
- Tim Moss Answers Your Home Remodeling & Repair Questions - WBT - May 9th, 2017
- Owner of Oklahoma tornado shelter company charged with embezzlement - KOKH FOX25 - May 5th, 2017
- NJ Statutes of Limitation for Breach of Contract and Fraud - April 10th, 2017
- Charlotte Termite Companies, Best Termite Protection ... - April 6th, 2017
- Learn About Costa Rica's Largest Eco Developer: Kalia Living - The Costa Rica Star - March 24th, 2017
- Marcos loyalists ask House to endorse impeachment rap vs. Robredo - CNN Philippines - March 22nd, 2017
- A campaign to unseat - The Manila Times - March 13th, 2017
- Professor Miller and the Bottomless Pit of Academia - Conatus News - March 12th, 2017
- MOLLY'S COLUMN | Valley Roadrunner - Valley Roadrunner - March 9th, 2017
- The Home Improvement Show 10am, Paul LaGrange - WWL First News - March 1st, 2017
- DeMarcus Cousins brings out the fighting side of Holley and Keefe (Round Two!) - WEEI.com - February 22nd, 2017
- Mexican Woman Sentenced To Eight Years in Jail for Voting in Texas Illegally - Houston Press - February 11th, 2017
- Termite Help / Consumer Resources / Agricultural ... - January 29th, 2017
- Terminix Termite Insurance is a Scam Review 198598 Mar 08 ... - September 7th, 2016
- Patio Covers Orange County|Dry Rot|Repair|Termite Damage ... - June 19th, 2016
- Be Careful Of Termite Inspection Fraud - Streetdirectory.com - June 13th, 2016
- Turfco Termite & Pest Control in Cordova, TN | Citysearch - May 9th, 2016
- Termite Damage | FRP Legal - May 9th, 2016
- Formosan Termites : snopes.com - May 9th, 2016
- Cost of Termite Damage RepairCost of Termite Damage Repair - May 9th, 2016
- Termite inspection scam? - Arizona Real Estate Notebook - May 9th, 2016
- What is "silent fraud"? | Rottenstein Law Group LLP - May 9th, 2016
- Pre Construction Termite Treatment - May 9th, 2016
- Pictures of Termites - DIY Homeowner Guide to Termite Control - May 9th, 2016
- Home Buying: How much does it cost to treat a termite ... - May 9th, 2016
- Termite Warranty? I purchased a new home in may 2009 with ... - May 9th, 2016
- Pest Control Scam in Orange County from Termite Terry Pest ... - May 9th, 2016