Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) Two Marcos loyalists President Ferdinand Marcos' former lawyer and a perennial senatorial candidate of the late strongman's Kilusang Bagong Lipunan party are seeking the removal of Vice President Leni Robredo from office.
Atty. Oliver Lozano and Melchor Chavez filed Monday a draft impeachment complaint against Robredo at the House of Representatives, calling her "the termite of Government."
Robredo won the vice presidency in July 2016, narrowly beating former Sen. Bongbong Marcos, who is currently pursuing an electoral protest against her for alleged poll fraud.
Read: Supreme Court denies Robredo's motion to dismiss Marcos' electoral protest
The complaint comes after House Speaker Pantaleon Alvarez first told CNN Philippines on Friday that he is thinking of filing an impeachment case against Robredo.
Read: EXCLUSIVE: Alvarez eyes impeachment rap vs. Robredo; OVP says it's 'baseless'
His statement comes a day after an impeachment complaint was filed against President Rodrigo Duterte.
Read: Duterte faces impeachment complaint over alleged killings, corruption
Interior and Local Government Assistant Secretary Epimaco Densing told CNN Philippines on Saturday that a group of "topnotch" lawyers were already conducting a buildup for a possible impeachment complaint against Robredo to be filed by May.
Read: Lawyers working on possible impeach rap vs. Robredo - DILG exec.
Robredo's camp said Monday that the Vice President is ready to face any impeachment complaint filed against her.
Read: Lawyers: Robredo ready to face impeachment complaint
Lozano and Chavez said Robredo's video to the 60th annual meeting of the United Nations Commission on Narcotic Drugs, held last March 16th, constitutes a culpable violation of the Constitution and a betrayal of public trust. Both are impeachable offenses under the 1987 Constitution.
Read: Robredo: Warrantless searches, 'palit-ulo' scheme in anti-drug operations
Robredo a human-rights lawyer and a staunch critic of the Duterte administration alleged in the video that targets of police anti-drug operations are beaten up if they ask for a search warrant.
Or worse, policemen detain relatives of drug suspects as "collateral" if the suspect goes into hiding.
The latter practice, Robredo said, is called "palit-ulo" (literally meaning "exchange of heads," but actually refers to an exchange of persons).
The Office of the Vice President's media officer Divine Magno told CNN Philippines on Wednesday that victims of alleged police abuse in the guise of the war on drugs come to them with these stories and ask for help.
Robredo said more than 7,000 summary executions have occurred since the Duterte administration's war on drugs commenced in July 2016.
She also said around 500 cases were filed at the Commission on Human Rights (CHR) in relation to victims of alleged human-rights violations during the anti-drug campaign.
Lozano and Chavez said Robredo "committed acts of injustice prejudicial to the nation and public welfare which constitutes culpable violation of the constitution."
They called the 7,000 figure "fake news... maliciously fabricated by a low-level biased or incompetent researcher, and posted by the yellow and lazy editors ofrappler.com newsite on March 13, 2017."
"This number has been repeated again and again by the yellow Cult, and even by uninformed media abroad," they added, referring to supporters of the Liberal Party, of which Robredo is chairperson.
Lozano and Chavez said according to a February 16 update of "The Kill List," which is published by the Philippine Daily Inquirer, only 2,166 were killed in the anti-drug war and includes those killed by "unknown hitmen."
"Indeed, the police has uncovered several instances in which those killed with anti-drug placards pinned on them, actually were executed by criminal, rival gangs themselves," they said.
"The 2,166 figure is obviously so deffirent (sic), three times smaller than the 7,000 figure Robredo told the UN body, which would drastically change an assessment of Duterte's anti-drugwar (sic)," they added.
Still on the ground of culpable violation of the Constitution, Lozano and Chavez slammed Robredo for supposedly making it appear that "the rule of law in our country has so totally broken down that victims of human rights violations are given no recourse."
They said insiders told them that there are no "500 cases" filed at the CHR.
"This is simply because the commission has never even bothered to list and count such complaints," they said. "The 500 figure is clearly one pulled out of the air by Robredo's speech writer."
Lozano and Chavez likewise attacked Robredo's 'palit-ulo' claim.
"Robredo even shockingly draws from some mafia novel by claiming that the police have had a policy of arresting (a) suspetc's (sic) wife or other relatives if he can't be found," they said. "Even calling it, in her attempt to get her lie to land on sensationalist tabloid front page, he (sic) "Palit-ulo scheme."
Philippine National Police Chief Ronald Dela Rosa said Monday that the PNP does have a 'palit-ulo' scheme, but not in the way Robredo thinks.
Read: PNP Chief confirms 'palit-ulo' scheme, clarifies procedure
"Palit-ulo, wherein ikaw nahuli kita, may drugs, pusher ka... Palit-ulo," he said in a media briefing. "Ilaglag mo kung sino ang supplier mo o drug lord na nasa taas. Kapag masabi mo 'yan, hindi naman actually palalayain depende na kung for a lesser offense," Dela Rosa said.
[Translation: Palit-ulo, wherein if you are a pusher or caught with drugs, you will reveal to the police the supplieror drug lord you are reporting to. If you reveal them to us, we will not necessarily let you go, but you may be chargedfor a lesser offense.]
On the ground of betrayal of public trust, Lozano and Chavez argued Robredo "betrayed the people by shaming the nation with her dishonest message to the United Nations."
"The respondent is duty bound to act within the framework of the Constitution but her acts of dishonesty and moral bankrupty (sic) breached the bounds of the Fundamental Law," they added.
- SERV ALERT: The Klein Law Firm Announces a Lead Plaintiff Deadline of June 9, 2020 in the Class Action Filed on Behalf of Servicemaster Global... - May 23rd, 2020
- The Klein Law Firm Reminds Investors of Class Actions on Behalf of Shareholders of SERV, BIDU and CTMX - Yahoo Finance - May 23rd, 2020
- The Klein Law Firm Reminds Investors of Class Actions on Behalf of Shareholders of SERV, BBBY and IQ - Yahoo Finance - May 13th, 2020
- Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Reminds Investors That Class Action Lawsuits Have Been Filed Against ServiceMaster, iAnthus, iQIYI, and GSX Techedu... - May 1st, 2020
- Bragar Eagel & Squire, PC Reminds Investors That Class Action Lawsuits Have Been Filed Against ServiceMaster, iAnthus, iQIYI, and GSX Techedu and... - April 30th, 2020
- The Klein Law Firm Reminds Investors of Class Actions on Behalf of Shareholders of ALGN, CRON and SERV - Yahoo Finance - April 28th, 2020
- Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Reminds Investors That Class Action Lawsuits Have Been Filed Against eHealth, ServiceMaster, and iQIYI and Encourages... - April 24th, 2020
- Homebuying in old and new ways - Alpine Sun - April 18th, 2020
- BEWARE TERMITES AND FRAUD - Sun Sentinel - April 8th, 2020
- Contractor Scams To Avoid | Typical Contractor Scams - March 17th, 2020
- Polymer Products: Colorants, Additives & Formulations - March 17th, 2020
- Sour Poi Awards: Looking Back on the Best of the Worst News in Hawai'i from 2019 - HONOLULU Magazine - February 11th, 2020
- 2020 Average Shredding Services Cost (with Price Factors) - January 23rd, 2020
- What went right in the past decade | News - The Times - December 31st, 2019
- Gympie's 'dodgy brothers' ripped locals off to tune of $70k - Gympie Times - December 6th, 2019
- Comparing of Rollins Inc. (ROL) and First Data Corporation (:) - The Broch Herald - December 6th, 2019
- 'Why Let a Good Crisis Go to Waste?': What India Needs to Remember to Overcome its Economic Slump - The Wire - November 21st, 2019
- Kissing bug identification requires closer look - Insects ... - October 12th, 2019
- Recognize these common types of termite fraud | The Mims ... - June 1st, 2019
- Industrial Hemp Program | Arizona Department of Agriculture - May 17th, 2019
- Polymer, Colorant & Chemical Safety Data Sheets - May 12th, 2019
- Find jobs with Washington Post National Jobs - May 12th, 2019
- Mobile Personal Injury Attorneys | Alabama Accident ... - April 14th, 2019
- PolyOne Company Officer Information & Biographies - April 6th, 2019
- Termite Control Treatment Options - April 5th, 2019
- Pest Control / Business Services / Home - Florida ... - March 27th, 2019
- Pesticide Applicator Information - March 12th, 2019
- Texas Leaf Cutting Ant - Insects in the City - March 6th, 2019
- Find an Attorney - Terminix Complaints - Real Stories from ... - February 22nd, 2019
- Louis Farrakhan: Im Not An Anti-Semite. Im Anti-Termite ... - February 3rd, 2019
- Contact PolyOne Today | Quick Contact Form - February 3rd, 2019
- Arizona Forum - Relocation, Moving, General and Local City ... - October 6th, 2018
- Black Widow Termite and Pest Control in Manhattan New York - September 4th, 2018
- Phone Losers of America home of The Snow Plow Show wacky ... - August 5th, 2018
- OnCap Anti-Rodent & Anti-Termite Technology | PolyOne - August 5th, 2018
- Apitherapy - Wikipedia - July 23rd, 2018
- Dont Confuse Bed Bugs with These Misdiagnosed Conditions - July 13th, 2018
- Facts About Termites - Where do the different species live? - May 23rd, 2018
- Termite Damage Claims Lawyer Mobile | Small Business ... - May 22nd, 2018
- Slowing tax refunds aimed at cutting fraud :: WRAL.com - May 21st, 2018
- Fake companies, fake workers: State battling new type of ... - May 18th, 2018
- Accused ISIS recruiter pleads guilty to fraud, tax charges ... - May 10th, 2018
- Reasons to Cancel a Pest Control Agreement | Legalbeagle.com - April 27th, 2018
- Planet Orange - 22 Photos & 493 Reviews - Pest Control ... - April 6th, 2018
- Sellers Disclosure of Property Condition - HouseDefects.com - April 5th, 2018
- News & Updates - Standards Australia - March 15th, 2018
- Duty to Disclose for Sellers in Florida Residential Real ... - March 7th, 2018
- Termite Building Code / Pest Control / Business Services ... - December 25th, 2017
- Green Explored: Bloom Energy Ecofraud in Delaware This Year - December 21st, 2017
- Pest Control Pest Management and Termite Inspection ... - December 16th, 2017
- Conehead Termite Program / Termites / Protect Your Home ... - November 26th, 2017
- Metrobank says arrest made after P900-M fraud report | ABS ... - October 22nd, 2017
- UPDATE: Refund for Cash Plus investors will definitely ... - October 1st, 2017
- Financial Review: ServiceMaster Global Holdings (SERV) vs. Lifelock (LOCK) - TrueBlueTribune - September 2nd, 2017
- Fight to fund Honolulu's rail continues Monday at a special legislative session - KITV Honolulu - August 31st, 2017
- Lifelock (LOCK) vs. ServiceMaster Global Holdings (SERV) Head to Head Review - Week Herald - August 31st, 2017
- Comparing ServiceMaster Global Holdings (SERV) and Lifelock (LOCK) - StockNewsTimes - August 27th, 2017
- Fraud Headlines | Association of Certified Fraud Examiners - August 13th, 2017
- Short-term thinking keeps Australia stuck in crisis - Business Insider Australia - August 7th, 2017
- Florida man caught with his crime to-do list - KNSS - August 1st, 2017
- Daily Technical Summary Reports on Business Services Stocks -- Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Rollins, Cardtronics, and ... - SYS-CON Media (press... - July 11th, 2017
- Life after Croman - The Real Deal Magazine - July 4th, 2017
- IRS summertime tax tip 2017-01: Tips to know for deducting losse ... - WKOW - July 4th, 2017
- What is Termite Fraud in Alabama? - Real Estate Legal ... - June 29th, 2017
- Pest Control and Termite Inspection Insurance | Wallace ... - June 11th, 2017
- We name stink da road the Banes/Nanes debacle - Breaking Belize News (blog) - June 6th, 2017
- VIAGRA GENERIC 100MG - cialis best price - State Column - May 11th, 2017
- Tim Moss Answers Your Home Remodeling & Repair Questions - WBT - May 9th, 2017
- Owner of Oklahoma tornado shelter company charged with embezzlement - KOKH FOX25 - May 5th, 2017
- NJ Statutes of Limitation for Breach of Contract and Fraud - April 10th, 2017
- Charlotte Termite Companies, Best Termite Protection ... - April 6th, 2017
- Learn About Costa Rica's Largest Eco Developer: Kalia Living - The Costa Rica Star - March 24th, 2017
- A campaign to unseat - The Manila Times - March 13th, 2017
- Professor Miller and the Bottomless Pit of Academia - Conatus News - March 12th, 2017
- MOLLY'S COLUMN | Valley Roadrunner - Valley Roadrunner - March 9th, 2017
- The Home Improvement Show 10am, Paul LaGrange - WWL First News - March 1st, 2017
- DeMarcus Cousins brings out the fighting side of Holley and Keefe (Round Two!) - WEEI.com - February 22nd, 2017
- Mexican Woman Sentenced To Eight Years in Jail for Voting in Texas Illegally - Houston Press - February 11th, 2017
- Termite Help / Consumer Resources / Agricultural ... - January 29th, 2017
- New Jersey Home Inspection - About the House is a home ... - December 12th, 2016