FROM Beenleigh and Ipswich to Nambour and Gympie, two fake tradie brothers conned their mostly elderly victims out of nearly $70,000, Gympie District Court was told yesterday.
In uncontested prosecution submissions, the court was told Reenarto and Charles Jacob Caston betrayed the trust and vulnerability of people they stole from or conned into paying exorbitantly high prices for badly done home maintenance work.
In one case a home owner was charged $14,500 for termite control which consisted of letting off two termite bombs of the kind that can be bought in a supermarket.
Reenarto Caston pleaded guilty to stealing petrol from a Greenslopes service station on January 13, 2016 and to dishonestly obtaining $61,000 from fraud victims between August 8, 2018, and January 5, 2019.
FAKE TRADIES: Reenato Caston and his brother Charles Jacob Caston on their way from Gympie District Court yesterday.
Charles Caston pleaded guilty to fraud at Beenleigh on December 1, last year and attempted fraud at Basin Pocket, Ipswich on December 14 last year.
Reenarto Caston also pleaded guilty to dishonestly obtaining a benefit at Nambour on January 7.
The court was told that on August 9, at Gympie, Reenarto Caston told a 77-year-old woman he would paint her house and obtained a cheque from her for $6500.
He returned with Charles Caston the next day and successfully asked her for another $10,000.
Another cheque for $12,000 followed, before they returned to do the overpriced termite control job.
The woman declined however to pay $3000 for the removal of a snake which she was told they had found in her back yard.
The Castons also obtained a cheque for $400, which one of the brothers amended by adding another zero.
When the bank rang the woman to tell her she did not have $4000 in her account, she said she had only agreed to pay $400.
That was the beginning of the end for the Caston brothers.
Police found Charles Caston at a camp site and Reenarto at Pomona Showgrounds, in a caravan said to be worth $8500, not counting the $14,500 they found inside.
The court was told that money and assets found by police were more than enough to compensate victims, but the problem was the technical legal issue of how to turn the caravan, now in police custody, into cash, for distribution among complainants.
Judge Long adjourned the case to Maroochydore District Court on Tuesday week, to allow him to research the compensation issue and granted the brothers bail.
- Australias termite management standard revised ... - September 12th, 2020
- Terminix Hit With $2.8 Mil Damages After Defrauding ... - August 8th, 2020
- Mayor - News - August - Tonight: City of New Orleans Mosquito, Termite and Rodent Control Board to Conduct Adult Mosquito Ab - nola.gov - August 8th, 2020
- The Klein Law Firm Reminds Investors of Class Actions on Behalf of Shareholders of FITB, SERV and HALL - Yahoo Finance - June 1st, 2020
- SERV ALERT: The Klein Law Firm Announces a Lead Plaintiff Deadline of June 9, 2020 in the Class Action Filed on Behalf of Servicemaster Global... - May 23rd, 2020
- The Klein Law Firm Reminds Investors of Class Actions on Behalf of Shareholders of SERV, BIDU and CTMX - Yahoo Finance - May 23rd, 2020
- The Klein Law Firm Reminds Investors of Class Actions on Behalf of Shareholders of SERV, BBBY and IQ - Yahoo Finance - May 13th, 2020
- Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Reminds Investors That Class Action Lawsuits Have Been Filed Against ServiceMaster, iAnthus, iQIYI, and GSX Techedu... - May 1st, 2020
- Bragar Eagel & Squire, PC Reminds Investors That Class Action Lawsuits Have Been Filed Against ServiceMaster, iAnthus, iQIYI, and GSX Techedu and... - April 30th, 2020
- The Klein Law Firm Reminds Investors of Class Actions on Behalf of Shareholders of ALGN, CRON and SERV - Yahoo Finance - April 28th, 2020
- Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Reminds Investors That Class Action Lawsuits Have Been Filed Against eHealth, ServiceMaster, and iQIYI and Encourages... - April 24th, 2020
- Homebuying in old and new ways - Alpine Sun - April 18th, 2020
- BEWARE TERMITES AND FRAUD - Sun Sentinel - April 8th, 2020
- Contractor Scams To Avoid | Typical Contractor Scams - March 17th, 2020
- Polymer Products: Colorants, Additives & Formulations - March 17th, 2020
- Sour Poi Awards: Looking Back on the Best of the Worst News in Hawai'i from 2019 - HONOLULU Magazine - February 11th, 2020
- 2020 Average Shredding Services Cost (with Price Factors) - January 23rd, 2020
- What went right in the past decade | News - The Times - December 31st, 2019
- Comparing of Rollins Inc. (ROL) and First Data Corporation (:) - The Broch Herald - December 6th, 2019
- 'Why Let a Good Crisis Go to Waste?': What India Needs to Remember to Overcome its Economic Slump - The Wire - November 21st, 2019
- Kissing bug identification requires closer look - Insects ... - October 12th, 2019
- Recognize these common types of termite fraud | The Mims ... - June 1st, 2019
- Industrial Hemp Program | Arizona Department of Agriculture - May 17th, 2019
- Polymer, Colorant & Chemical Safety Data Sheets - May 12th, 2019
- Find jobs with Washington Post National Jobs - May 12th, 2019
- Mobile Personal Injury Attorneys | Alabama Accident ... - April 14th, 2019
- PolyOne Company Officer Information & Biographies - April 6th, 2019
- Termite Control Treatment Options - April 5th, 2019
- Pest Control / Business Services / Home - Florida ... - March 27th, 2019
- Pesticide Applicator Information - March 12th, 2019
- Texas Leaf Cutting Ant - Insects in the City - March 6th, 2019
- Find an Attorney - Terminix Complaints - Real Stories from ... - February 22nd, 2019
- Louis Farrakhan: Im Not An Anti-Semite. Im Anti-Termite ... - February 3rd, 2019
- Contact PolyOne Today | Quick Contact Form - February 3rd, 2019
- Arizona Forum - Relocation, Moving, General and Local City ... - October 6th, 2018
- Black Widow Termite and Pest Control in Manhattan New York - September 4th, 2018
- Phone Losers of America home of The Snow Plow Show wacky ... - August 5th, 2018
- OnCap Anti-Rodent & Anti-Termite Technology | PolyOne - August 5th, 2018
- Apitherapy - Wikipedia - July 23rd, 2018
- Dont Confuse Bed Bugs with These Misdiagnosed Conditions - July 13th, 2018
- Facts About Termites - Where do the different species live? - May 23rd, 2018
- Termite Damage Claims Lawyer Mobile | Small Business ... - May 22nd, 2018
- Slowing tax refunds aimed at cutting fraud :: WRAL.com - May 21st, 2018
- Fake companies, fake workers: State battling new type of ... - May 18th, 2018
- Accused ISIS recruiter pleads guilty to fraud, tax charges ... - May 10th, 2018
- Reasons to Cancel a Pest Control Agreement | Legalbeagle.com - April 27th, 2018
- Planet Orange - 22 Photos & 493 Reviews - Pest Control ... - April 6th, 2018
- Sellers Disclosure of Property Condition - HouseDefects.com - April 5th, 2018
- News & Updates - Standards Australia - March 15th, 2018
- Duty to Disclose for Sellers in Florida Residential Real ... - March 7th, 2018
- Termite Building Code / Pest Control / Business Services ... - December 25th, 2017
- Green Explored: Bloom Energy Ecofraud in Delaware This Year - December 21st, 2017
- Pest Control Pest Management and Termite Inspection ... - December 16th, 2017
- Conehead Termite Program / Termites / Protect Your Home ... - November 26th, 2017
- Metrobank says arrest made after P900-M fraud report | ABS ... - October 22nd, 2017
- UPDATE: Refund for Cash Plus investors will definitely ... - October 1st, 2017
- Financial Review: ServiceMaster Global Holdings (SERV) vs. Lifelock (LOCK) - TrueBlueTribune - September 2nd, 2017
- Fight to fund Honolulu's rail continues Monday at a special legislative session - KITV Honolulu - August 31st, 2017
- Lifelock (LOCK) vs. ServiceMaster Global Holdings (SERV) Head to Head Review - Week Herald - August 31st, 2017
- Comparing ServiceMaster Global Holdings (SERV) and Lifelock (LOCK) - StockNewsTimes - August 27th, 2017
- Fraud Headlines | Association of Certified Fraud Examiners - August 13th, 2017
- Short-term thinking keeps Australia stuck in crisis - Business Insider Australia - August 7th, 2017
- Florida man caught with his crime to-do list - KNSS - August 1st, 2017
- Daily Technical Summary Reports on Business Services Stocks -- Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Rollins, Cardtronics, and ... - SYS-CON Media (press... - July 11th, 2017
- Life after Croman - The Real Deal Magazine - July 4th, 2017
- IRS summertime tax tip 2017-01: Tips to know for deducting losse ... - WKOW - July 4th, 2017
- What is Termite Fraud in Alabama? - Real Estate Legal ... - June 29th, 2017
- Pest Control and Termite Inspection Insurance | Wallace ... - June 11th, 2017
- We name stink da road the Banes/Nanes debacle - Breaking Belize News (blog) - June 6th, 2017
- VIAGRA GENERIC 100MG - cialis best price - State Column - May 11th, 2017
- Tim Moss Answers Your Home Remodeling & Repair Questions - WBT - May 9th, 2017
- Owner of Oklahoma tornado shelter company charged with embezzlement - KOKH FOX25 - May 5th, 2017
- NJ Statutes of Limitation for Breach of Contract and Fraud - April 10th, 2017
- Charlotte Termite Companies, Best Termite Protection ... - April 6th, 2017
- Learn About Costa Rica's Largest Eco Developer: Kalia Living - The Costa Rica Star - March 24th, 2017
- Marcos loyalists ask House to endorse impeachment rap vs. Robredo - CNN Philippines - March 22nd, 2017
- A campaign to unseat - The Manila Times - March 13th, 2017
- Professor Miller and the Bottomless Pit of Academia - Conatus News - March 12th, 2017
- MOLLY'S COLUMN | Valley Roadrunner - Valley Roadrunner - March 9th, 2017
- The Home Improvement Show 10am, Paul LaGrange - WWL First News - March 1st, 2017