Termites can be a homeowners worst nightmare as they are among the most destructive pests when it comes to where we live. A home is quite often a persons biggest investment and termites stand in the way of our homes longevity because of their love for wood. If termites are on your property, expect them to cause a lot of damage. In fact, termites cause so much damage, that they cost the US a whopping 5 billion dollars in damage ANNUALLY.
If termites are on your property, expect them to cause a lot of damage to your home's wood. In fact, termites cause so much damage, that they cost the US a whopping 5 billion dollars in damage ANNUALLY. The average cost of repairing damage caused by termites for a single family home is close to $3,300. The usual suspect which causes the most damage is a species of termite known as the subterranean termite.
No one wants to have to deal with a termite infestation, but unfortunately, if there isnt a proper prevention treatment plan put in place, a termite problem may be hard to avoid. You should not let the thought of termites and termite control scare you away from saving thousands of dollars by tackling the job yourself. Your home is too precious to skimp out on preventing termite damage.
Solutions can help you by providing premium termite control products that the professionals use. We would recommend a combination of termite baits and termiticides like Reclaim IT, Boracare and FiPro. These products are fast acting and entomologist approved. Along with these high-quality professional grade products, we also offer free advice and how-to guides so you can confidently eliminate termites from your home with an effective termite control program provided by Solutions. We have made getting rid of termites simple with our easy-to-follow 4-step process. Termite damage will be a thing of the past if you implement these tips to tackle termite colonies and their termite nests.
Identifying the type of termite that is affecting your home is one of the most important steps before moving forward with a treatment or control program. Often people usually confuse termites to be a species of ant. By taking a closer look you'll see that these wood-destroyers aren't ants at all. There are 3 common termite types which you may encounter: subterranean, dampwood and drywood. These termites each have their own unique characteristics, habits and ideal conditions where they thrive. Learning which one you have will help you tremendously as we have specialized treatment programs with modifications for each type of termite.
If youd like us to identify your specific termite problem or aren't sure whether the infestation you have are termites or ants, send us a clear photograph to email@example.com and we will email you back with the exact species and how to treat for it. Termites are difficult to control and it is best to call our entomologist to speak directly about your particular issue and our solutions.
Please note these are very general instructions and all labels for application should be followed.
Step 1: The first step in effective termite control is to perform a thorough termite inspection. This can be a difficult job without the right tools. Use a flashlight to check dark spaces like basements or attics and also a tool like a screwdriver or other sharp-ended object can come in handy when probing wood for termites and exposing termite galleries. Focus in on areas where termite activity is most likely like crawl spaces and around the foundation. Pay special attention to all wooden construction elements like supportposts and piers and wooden decks and areas where concrete meets wood. Keep a close eye for wood debris, mud tubes and wings. Wings are normally seen because reproductive termites (also known as swarmers) have wings and will leave the termite nest to mate and grow the infestation.
Step 2:Once termite activity areas have been detected, you will want to apply a non-repellent product likeTaurus SC, to the soil on the exterior where you see the mud tubes. Do not remove or knock the mud tube down. These insecticides will allow the termites to grab the product and take it to other termites within the colony.You may also have to drill holes into sheet rock to reach termites that couldnt otherwise be reached. After drilling holes along drywall and voids, apply your preferred insecticide such as Fipro Aerosol Foam.
Step 3: After youve treated indoors, you will need to create a protective barrier for termites around the perimeter of your home. This is typically done by digging a trench around your home. Thetrench should be dug as close to the slab as possible, 6 inches wide and 4 inches deep.Perimeter application is usually 4 finished gallons for every 10 linear feet. Mix a termiticide like Taurus SC with the dirt that has been dug out to create the trench to make a muddy slush, then pour it back into the trench, spreading it as evenly as possible to deter termites from targeting your home and will eliminate their colony.
Step 4:To make sure termites don't re-enter your home and create a new colony, you will need to implement some preventative measures. These include replacing any dead or damaged wood, and repairing any water leaks in an around your home.Seal any cracks or holes within the foundation of your home. Keep any wood around your home from touching the ground and limit wood storage areas.This will help prevent wandering termites from gaining easy access to your home.
If you have any questions or need further assistance in tackling termite pests, dont hesitate to call us or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our experienced experts are standing by to help you when you need it.
Termite Control & Termite Treatment | Solutions Pest & Lawn
- The global pest control services market is likely to grow at a CAGR of over 4% during the period 2019-2025 - Salamanca Press - November 19th, 2019
- The Global Pest Control Services Market to Reach Revenues of Over $30 Billion During by 2025 - Market Research by Arizton - PRNewswire - November 18th, 2019
- The Global Pest Control Services Market to Reach Revenues of Over $30 Billion During by 2025 - Market Research by Arizton - Yahoo Finance - November 17th, 2019
- Pest Control & Exterminator Austin TX | The Bug Master - October 20th, 2019
- Smithereen Pest Management Services | Bug Extermination ... - October 20th, 2019
- Top 10 Best Termite Control Companies in 2019 | Plans ... - October 7th, 2019
- BugBros Pest Control Services - Bed Bugs, Rodents, Roaches ... - October 4th, 2019
- How to Get Rid of Termites - The Home Depot - October 2nd, 2019
- Carpet Beetle Infestation: How to Detect Signs of Beetle ... - October 1st, 2019
- Bedbugs - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic - October 1st, 2019
- Rat Hole - Identify Rat Burrows, Nests, Habitats - September 30th, 2019
- Termite Inspection, Treatment and Control in NJ | ChemTec ... - September 14th, 2019
- Termite Extermination and Prevention I Contact Us I ... - September 13th, 2019
- Termite and Pest Control Los Angeles, CA - Western Exterminator - May 27th, 2019
- Termite Service | Termite Extermination | Termite Inspection - May 27th, 2019
- Termite Control & Removal | California - April 14th, 2019
- Four Steps Involved in a Termite Extermination Service ... - April 6th, 2019
- Termite Inspections, Extermination, & Damage Repair ... - April 4th, 2019
- Termite Treatments NJ | Get Rid Of Termites - April 1st, 2019
- Termite Spray | Termite Poison & Control Chemicals ... - March 6th, 2019
- Smithfield | Clegg's Termite and Pest Control - March 2nd, 2019
- The Best Termite Companies Near Me (with Free Estimates) - February 28th, 2019
- Pest Control Services in Indiana | Yes Pest Pros, Inc. - February 13th, 2019
- Charlotte | Clegg's Termite and Pest Control - February 12th, 2019
- Seattle Pest Control & Exterminators 206-736-7378 Guardian ... - February 3rd, 2019
- Termite Pest Control in Santa Clara County, CA - January 30th, 2019
- Ashburn, VA Exterminator, Pest Control & Termite Inspector - January 14th, 2019
- Grayson Termite & Pest Control - 109 Reviews - Pest ... - January 9th, 2019
- Bellevue Termite Exterminator - Bellevue Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Southlake Termite Exterminator - Southlake Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Peoria Termite Exterminator - Peoria Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Columbus Termite Exterminator - Columbus Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Termite Control Panama City | Termite Treatment Enterprise ... - September 29th, 2018
- 24 Best Pest Control Companies - South Plainfield NJ ... - September 19th, 2018
- How Much Does It Cost To Get Rid Of Termites? - September 16th, 2018
- Pest Control & Termite Extermination on the Delmarva Peninsula - September 6th, 2018
- Hawkeye Exterminators - Pest Control, Bed Bugs and Termite ... - May 10th, 2018
- Termites: How to Identify and Control Them | US EPA - February 5th, 2018
- Subterranean Termite Control Products - Pestmall.com - December 3rd, 2017
- Termite Control - Arrow Exterminators - November 21st, 2017
- Senate Pest Control - Senate Termite Control - November 17th, 2017
- Termite Inspection Cost - Do My Own - November 17th, 2017
- Termite Control, Extermination & Bonds by Nader's Pest Raiders - November 5th, 2017
- Termite Treatment Equipment | Shop at QSpray.com - November 5th, 2017
- Termite Control with The Termite Inspector Company - September 1st, 2017
- Su Named UF Foundation Term Professor for Outstanding Termite Research - Newswise (press release) - September 1st, 2017
- IPM Experience House Features Sentricon System - PCT Magazine - September 1st, 2017
- Termite Treatment Cost (INSPECTION & EXTERMINATION) - August 9th, 2017
- Margaret Kuo's restaurant reopens - Main Line - August 1st, 2017
- How Francis Mallmann feeds the rich and famous with food from the fire - Telegraph.co.uk - July 30th, 2017
- Rollins, Inc. Enjoys Broad-Based Growth -- The Motley Fool - Motley Fool - July 30th, 2017
- Tiger Termite & Pest Control | Eco-Friendly Pest Solutions - July 12th, 2017
- Intensive Pest Control Offers Free Termite Inspections in Fountain Valley and surrounding areas - Digital Journal (press release) - June 30th, 2017
- Termite-Tented Homes Targeted By Burglar - Patch.com - June 26th, 2017
- Marin Termite Control - Diamond Certified - June 23rd, 2017
- Cummings Termite & Pest - 480-994-9599 | #1 Pest Control Provider - June 23rd, 2017
- Milwaukee Pest Control Pros Redesigns Their Website - Digital Journal - June 20th, 2017
- Can't Tent for Termites - 7News - WSVN-TV - June 15th, 2017
- Fundraiser to be held Saturday for repairs to Oostanaula School Community Club - Northwest Georgia News - June 14th, 2017
- Lighthouse Point Termite Control - Termite Pest Control - June 12th, 2017
- Keller @ Large: Don't Mess With The Big Blue Bug - CBS Boston / WBZ - June 7th, 2017
- Digital Journal: A Global Digital Media Network - Digital Journal - June 6th, 2017
- Why Choose Pest Control Singapore - Good Herald - June 4th, 2017
- Man accused of burglarizing tented home skips out on arraignment - fox5sandiego.com - June 1st, 2017
- Termite Structural Damage - Heavy Damage from Termite ... - June 1st, 2017
- Termite & Bed Bugs Perspicacious Institute | Cockroach ... - June 1st, 2017
- Industry Mourns Loss of Norm Cooper - PCT Magazine - May 31st, 2017
- Pest Control Singapore Experts Are Opening a New Branch: Welcoming Perth Pest Control Australia - Digital Journal - May 31st, 2017
- Termite Tented Home in Carlsbad Broken Into - Times of San Diego - May 28th, 2017
- Escondido Man Burglarized Home During Termite Extermination: Police - Patch.com - May 27th, 2017
- Caught On Video: Burglar in gas mask breaks into tented home - CBS 8 San Diego - May 25th, 2017
- Burglar wearing respirator breaks into tented home - fox5sandiego.com - May 25th, 2017
- Note from the field: Bedbugs likely to continue biting - News Sentinel - May 25th, 2017
- Ipswich Pest Control Professionals Expands Service Area - MilTech - May 23rd, 2017
- Facts about Termites - A1 Exterminators - May 22nd, 2017
- Termite Control Gilbert / Chandler / Phoenix Metro | Magic ... - May 22nd, 2017
- Termite Control - PermaTreat Pest Control - May 21st, 2017
- Termite Control & Extermination - Arrow Exterminators - May 21st, 2017
- - www.PrimeTermite.com - May 20th, 2017
- Shawville school still waiting for answers on mystery bug bites ... - Ottawa Sun - May 20th, 2017