Click Free Pest Control Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free pest control quote today.
Lennys Pest Control is all about educating you and helping you protect your home and space from unwanted, bugs and pests. We would love to come out to your home or business and inspect your property, give you an estimate and get your protected. Please give us a call at (239) 945-6543 for all your pest control needs in southwest Florida. Our blog is dedicated to informing and educating you on what you need to know about bugs today wed like to educate you on Subterranean Termites!
Subterranean Termitesrequire some moisture to survive, so their nests usually contact the soil. If theres enough moisture in a wall or other wood structure, though, termites may nest right in the wood.
Subterranean termites live in the ground, unlike other termites which living inside the wood they eat. The ground provides the moisture needed by the subterranean termites. When they find a food source above ground they build a safe pathway or mud tube to create a connection from their home to the food.
Subterranean termites are among the most destructive to wood, which they consume for food. In nature, termites are beneficial to ecosystems as they break down dead trees, but they are damaging to wood structures such as houses and barns. Three main types of adult termites live within a colony: reproducer (also known as alates or swarmers), soldiers and workers. Subterranean termites get their name from the underground, interconnected tunnels they create.
Subterranean Termites SwarmersSoft-bodied insects with straight antennas, broad waists approximately inch in length and two pair of wings of equal length.In Florida, the major swarm normallyoccurs in early spring, between February through May. Swarming can occur mid morning through late afternoon, most oftenright after a rain shower and warm sunny conditions are present. The environmental conditions (Humidity) will allow the Swarmers to take flight, mate and find their way back to a soil and/or moisture environment to start colonization. Swarming Termites are normally attracted to light and after flight will shed their wing. Swarmer bodies with and without wings are found near windows, bathrooms, vents, light fixtures and doors Subterranean Termites.Swarmers can only survive in the open environment less than 24hoursdependingon the humidity levels. Swarmers do not eat wood/cellulose material and their sole purpose is tosuccessfully mate and colonize at a suitable protective environment.
Exit holesSwarming termites will normally swarm from an exist hole that was createdby the Subterranean Termite (worker), the only cast member that eats and damages the wood. The exit holes
Termites are highly social insects with one of the most sophisticated family structures in the animal kingdom. There are approximately 2,700 species of termites found worldwide.
Mud Tunnels / Tubes Foraging Subterranean Termite workers construct mud tunnels, size of a drinking straw that are environmentally controlled and as a protective highway from one location to the next.
In natural areas, termites are essential organisms in the environment. Termites decompose cellulose, the main component of plant cell walls and recycle nutrients back into the soil for use by other living organisms. Termites are also an important food source for many amphibians, reptiles and birds. Unfortunately, termites receive a bad reputation because they are unable to distinguish between the dead wood in the forest and the dead wood used in our homes.
We want to take this time to sayTHANK YOUfor reading our blogs, liking us onFacebook, following us ontwitterand connecting with us onLinkedIn. Please subscribe to ournewsletterif you havent already done so. We also appreciate our many loyal clients for all their years of patronage and we hope you have a wonderful 2012!
Lennys Pest Controlhas a team ofexperts that specialize in Southwest Florida Pest Control inside and outside of your home. We are experienced in tacklingTermitesand any other insects in your living space. Dont try to fix it yourself, let the experts handle all of your pest control problems! We proudly service the Lee, Charlotte and Collier Counties. Call us at239-945-6543or visit our website athttp://www.lennyspestcontrol.com/to get a quote today!
- The Truth About the "Termites" | Psychology Today - December 28th, 2018
- Signs of Termite Damage|Termite Damage|Truly Nolen - November 1st, 2018
- Pictures of Termites | Ehrlich Pest Control - October 31st, 2018
- Termite Control - The Home Depot - October 31st, 2018
- How to Spot Termites: Termite Identification Pictures - October 31st, 2018
- Subterranean Termites Control | Do My Own Pest Control - October 15th, 2018
- Termites - Biology and Control - Browse Popular Publications - September 6th, 2018
- Termites Pest Control Information Perth - August 6th, 2018
- Termites - Nozzle Nolen - July 16th, 2018
- Termite - Field Guide to Common Texas Insects - June 17th, 2018
- What Do Termites Look Like? Signs of Termite Damage - June 2nd, 2018
- Termite Facts for Kids: Termite Information for Students - May 26th, 2018
- What Do Termites Look Like? Termite Identification - April 26th, 2018
- Termite Pictures: Photo Gallery with Images - April 21st, 2018
- Best 17 Termite Control in Fordyce, AR with Reviews - YP.com - March 4th, 2018
- End Of Termites | Terminator The best anti-termite ... - February 14th, 2018
- How to Get Rid of Termites - Pest Control Products - February 9th, 2018
- Termites - All About Termites - domyown.com - February 6th, 2018
- Termites | Dreamworks Animation Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia - February 3rd, 2018
- How to Treat Termites on Trees | Home Guides | SF Gate - February 3rd, 2018
- Prevent and Treat Termites to Avoid Damage to a House ... - January 21st, 2018
- Termites in Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, Pittsburgh ... - January 5th, 2018
- Termites in Potted Plants | Home Guides | SF Gate - January 3rd, 2018
- Subterranean Termites - extension2.missouri.edu - December 29th, 2017
- What Kinds of Termites do we Have in Georgia? - December 27th, 2017
- Signs of Termites: How to Detect Termite Evidence - December 17th, 2017
- What Are Termites? - December 15th, 2017
- Lewis Terman - Wikipedia - December 4th, 2017
- Termite Facts - Softschools.com - December 3rd, 2017
- Termites | Horticulture and Home Pest News - December 3rd, 2017
- Termite Facts for Kids - December 3rd, 2017
- Are Termites Harmful to Humans? | Termite Treatment And ... - December 3rd, 2017
- Termite Identification | Termite Control DC, MD And Northern ... - November 26th, 2017
- What "Wood" a Termite Prefer To Eat? - November 25th, 2017
- Termites - All About Termites - DoMyOwnPestControl.com - November 25th, 2017
- Termite Inspection | Truly Nolen - November 24th, 2017
- Best 30 Termite Control in Villas, NJ with Reviews - YP.com - November 18th, 2017
- What Do Termites Look Like Exactly? Find Out How! - November 17th, 2017
- Subterranean Termites - How To Kill and Get Rid of ... - November 17th, 2017
- The Signs of Termite Infestation - Florida Pest Control - November 17th, 2017
- 9 Signs of Termites Infestation | Kill Termites Guide - November 17th, 2017
- Termite Control Cost Muskegon MI - Pest Control - ESFS - November 16th, 2017
- 4 Best Termite Control, Inspection Services - Waterbury CT ... - November 4th, 2017
- 3 Ways to Protect Your Home from Termites - wikiHow - October 16th, 2017
- How to Kill Termites: Best Ways to Get Rid of Termites ... - October 7th, 2017
- Termite Fast Facts: What You Need To Know - The Spruce - October 1st, 2017
- Formosan Termites - How to Kill and Get Rid of Formosan Termites - September 23rd, 2017
- Giving air to earthworms and termites - Farm Weekly - September 6th, 2017
- Meet the 'Terminator' of sanitary waste - Oherald - September 2nd, 2017
- UCA bear battling termites; options studied - Arkansas Online - August 31st, 2017
- Four hidden threats many homeowners miss - KTAR.com - August 31st, 2017
- Tracking Guelph's 2017 termite zones - GuelphMercury.com - August 31st, 2017
- How To: Get Rid of Flying Ants - BobVila.com - August 31st, 2017
- Termites nibbling away at Bismillah Khan's citations | Varanasi ... - Times of India - August 29th, 2017
- Alan Root, Oft-Bitten Wildlife Filmmaker, Dies at 80 - New York Times - August 29th, 2017
- Termites eat into village, locals flee - Times of India - August 28th, 2017
- Termite outbreak empties out Almora village - Times of India - August 27th, 2017
- Faith Lift: Termites - The Baytown Sun - August 26th, 2017
- Termites Springfield VA | Termite Control & Treatment - August 26th, 2017
- OP: A little less you're either with us or against us and a little more the enemy of my enemy is my ally - Western Herald - August 26th, 2017
- Top tips to protect your home against termites - The Standard - August 22nd, 2017
- Termites, damp, asbestos: Craig Reucassel's 'winning' home trifecta - Victor Harbor Times - August 19th, 2017
- On the termite 'brick' trail - The Hindu - August 19th, 2017
- Maintenance man Adam Titcombe dines on termites and a tarantula in fundraising challenge for Downham Market care ... - Norfolk Eastern Daily Press - August 13th, 2017
- Downham Market man set to eat worms, crickets, termites - and giant tarantula - Norfolk Eastern Daily Press - August 11th, 2017
- PDP house won't be rebuilt with termites infested woods Fayose - Vanguard - August 8th, 2017
- Businesses get another option for disaster recovery - Kinston Free Press - August 5th, 2017
- Termites | Opinion, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com - Philippine Star - August 3rd, 2017
- Connecting the dots on biodiversity and agriculture - GreenBiz - August 3rd, 2017
- Brazil dam gives geckos big heads, scientists say - GCR - August 3rd, 2017
- A Dam in Brazil Has Altered the Course of Evolution - Atlas Obscura - August 1st, 2017
- From bits to boluses: How do termites build strong mounds? - Research Matters - August 1st, 2017
- Geckos evolve rapidly in Brazil after new dam constructed - Science Magazine - August 1st, 2017
- Study finds aardvarks suffering as African climate heats up - San Francisco Chronicle - August 1st, 2017
- Wood-hungry termites have intricate caste system - Blair Enterprise Publishing - July 31st, 2017
- Study finds aardvarks suffering as African climate heats up - GuelphToday - July 31st, 2017
- A Method in the Madness: How Termites Build and Repair Their Mounds - The Wire - July 31st, 2017
- Eat worms, locusts and termites in creepy crawly pop-up restaurant challenge at Hawley Fayre - Get Surrey - July 6th, 2017
- NMSU doctoral student receives NASA Earth and Space Science Fellowship - KRWG - July 4th, 2017
- St. Augustine City Hall and Lightner Museum gets tented for termites ... - Florida Times-Union - June 30th, 2017
Click Free Exterminator Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free exterminator quote today.