Click Free Pest Control Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free pest control quote today.
Termites are known as “silent destroyers” because of their ability to chew through wood, flooring and even wallpaper undetected. There are about 2,000 known termite species in the world. Each year, termites cause more than $5 billion in property damage.
Find information ontermite controlat the official NPMA website.
Dampwood termites are normally larger in size than other termite species. Like drywood termites, dampwoodcoloniesdont have workers. Younger termites called “false workers” do all the work for the colony.
Dampwood termites like to feed on very moist wood.
Because they need lots of moisture, dampwood termites usually live in damp, dying wood or in houses with leaking plumbing that keeps the wood wet.
Dampwood termites do not carry disease and dont usually bother buildings because there is not enough water in the wood.
Drywood termites formcoloniesof up to 2,500 members. Drywood termite colonies dont have workers. Younger termites, called “false workers”, do all the work for the colony.
Drywood termites eat wood, wallpaper, plastics and fabric made from plants.
Drywood termite colonies are usually found in dry wood and they do not require moisture or contact with the soil.
Drywood termites can build nests and dig tunnels in buildings. These tunnels cause major damage because the wooden support beams can become weak and make the building lean or fall down.
Formosan termitecoloniescan be up to 300 feet long and there can be tens of thousands of termites in a single colony. Formosan termite colonies are divided into three groups: workers, soldiers andreproductives. They are the largest and most destructive kind of termite.
Formosan termites eat wood and fabric made from plants. When they eat dead trees, these termites help the environment and make space for new plant life.
Formosans live in huge underground colonies, and build mud nests inside the walls of a building. They can also live in boats and buildings.
Formosan termites eat a lot of wood and can damage your house.
Subterranean termitecoloniescan have up to 2 million members! Their colonies are divided into three groups: workers, soldiers andreproductives.
Termites eat wood, wallpaper, plastics and fabric made from plants.
Subterranean termites need contact with the soil to survive. They live in underground colonies or in wet areas aboveground. They build tunnels to reach food and every spring, groups of reproductive termites fly off to start new colonies.
Subterranean termites are the most destructive kind of termite. They can eat a lot of wood and they can cause a lot of expensive damage to a house! They can destroy building foundations, wooden support beams, plastic plumbing pipes, sub-flooring, insulation even swimming pool liners and filtration systems! Termites can also injure or destroy living trees and shrubs.
Read this article:
Termite Facts for Kids: Termite Information for Students
- Termites Pest Control Information Perth - August 6th, 2018
- Termites - Nozzle Nolen - July 16th, 2018
- Termite - Field Guide to Common Texas Insects - June 17th, 2018
- What Do Termites Look Like? Signs of Termite Damage - June 2nd, 2018
- What Do Termites Look Like? Termite Identification - April 26th, 2018
- Termite Pictures: Photo Gallery with Images - April 21st, 2018
- Best 17 Termite Control in Fordyce, AR with Reviews - YP.com - March 4th, 2018
- Termites in Southwest Florida | Lenny's Bug Blog - February 28th, 2018
- End Of Termites | Terminator The best anti-termite ... - February 14th, 2018
- How to Get Rid of Termites - Pest Control Products - February 9th, 2018
- Termites - All About Termites - domyown.com - February 6th, 2018
- Termites | Dreamworks Animation Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia - February 3rd, 2018
- How to Treat Termites on Trees | Home Guides | SF Gate - February 3rd, 2018
- Prevent and Treat Termites to Avoid Damage to a House ... - January 21st, 2018
- Termites in Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, Pittsburgh ... - January 5th, 2018
- Termites in Potted Plants | Home Guides | SF Gate - January 3rd, 2018
- Subterranean Termites - extension2.missouri.edu - December 29th, 2017
- What Kinds of Termites do we Have in Georgia? - December 27th, 2017
- Signs of Termites: How to Detect Termite Evidence - December 17th, 2017
- What Are Termites? - December 15th, 2017
- Lewis Terman - Wikipedia - December 4th, 2017
- Termite Facts - Softschools.com - December 3rd, 2017
- Termites | Horticulture and Home Pest News - December 3rd, 2017
- Termite Facts for Kids - December 3rd, 2017
- Are Termites Harmful to Humans? | Termite Treatment And ... - December 3rd, 2017
- Termite Identification | Termite Control DC, MD And Northern ... - November 26th, 2017
- What "Wood" a Termite Prefer To Eat? - November 25th, 2017
- Termites - All About Termites - DoMyOwnPestControl.com - November 25th, 2017
- Termite Inspection | Truly Nolen - November 24th, 2017
- Best 30 Termite Control in Villas, NJ with Reviews - YP.com - November 18th, 2017
- What Do Termites Look Like Exactly? Find Out How! - November 17th, 2017
- Subterranean Termites - How To Kill and Get Rid of ... - November 17th, 2017
- The Signs of Termite Infestation - Florida Pest Control - November 17th, 2017
- 9 Signs of Termites Infestation | Kill Termites Guide - November 17th, 2017
- Termite Control Cost Muskegon MI - Pest Control - ESFS - November 16th, 2017
- 4 Best Termite Control, Inspection Services - Waterbury CT ... - November 4th, 2017
- 3 Ways to Protect Your Home from Termites - wikiHow - October 16th, 2017
- How to Kill Termites: Best Ways to Get Rid of Termites ... - October 7th, 2017
- Termite Fast Facts: What You Need To Know - The Spruce - October 1st, 2017
- Formosan Termites - How to Kill and Get Rid of Formosan Termites - September 23rd, 2017
- Giving air to earthworms and termites - Farm Weekly - September 6th, 2017
- Meet the 'Terminator' of sanitary waste - Oherald - September 2nd, 2017
- UCA bear battling termites; options studied - Arkansas Online - August 31st, 2017
- Four hidden threats many homeowners miss - KTAR.com - August 31st, 2017
- Tracking Guelph's 2017 termite zones - GuelphMercury.com - August 31st, 2017
- How To: Get Rid of Flying Ants - BobVila.com - August 31st, 2017
- Termites nibbling away at Bismillah Khan's citations | Varanasi ... - Times of India - August 29th, 2017
- Alan Root, Oft-Bitten Wildlife Filmmaker, Dies at 80 - New York Times - August 29th, 2017
- Termites eat into village, locals flee - Times of India - August 28th, 2017
- Termite outbreak empties out Almora village - Times of India - August 27th, 2017
- Faith Lift: Termites - The Baytown Sun - August 26th, 2017
- Termites Springfield VA | Termite Control & Treatment - August 26th, 2017
- OP: A little less you're either with us or against us and a little more the enemy of my enemy is my ally - Western Herald - August 26th, 2017
- Top tips to protect your home against termites - The Standard - August 22nd, 2017
- Termites, damp, asbestos: Craig Reucassel's 'winning' home trifecta - Victor Harbor Times - August 19th, 2017
- On the termite 'brick' trail - The Hindu - August 19th, 2017
- Maintenance man Adam Titcombe dines on termites and a tarantula in fundraising challenge for Downham Market care ... - Norfolk Eastern Daily Press - August 13th, 2017
- Downham Market man set to eat worms, crickets, termites - and giant tarantula - Norfolk Eastern Daily Press - August 11th, 2017
- PDP house won't be rebuilt with termites infested woods Fayose - Vanguard - August 8th, 2017
- Businesses get another option for disaster recovery - Kinston Free Press - August 5th, 2017
- Termites | Opinion, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com - Philippine Star - August 3rd, 2017
- Connecting the dots on biodiversity and agriculture - GreenBiz - August 3rd, 2017
- Brazil dam gives geckos big heads, scientists say - GCR - August 3rd, 2017
- A Dam in Brazil Has Altered the Course of Evolution - Atlas Obscura - August 1st, 2017
- From bits to boluses: How do termites build strong mounds? - Research Matters - August 1st, 2017
- Geckos evolve rapidly in Brazil after new dam constructed - Science Magazine - August 1st, 2017
- Study finds aardvarks suffering as African climate heats up - San Francisco Chronicle - August 1st, 2017
- Wood-hungry termites have intricate caste system - Blair Enterprise Publishing - July 31st, 2017
- Study finds aardvarks suffering as African climate heats up - GuelphToday - July 31st, 2017
- A Method in the Madness: How Termites Build and Repair Their Mounds - The Wire - July 31st, 2017
- Eat worms, locusts and termites in creepy crawly pop-up restaurant challenge at Hawley Fayre - Get Surrey - July 6th, 2017
- NMSU doctoral student receives NASA Earth and Space Science Fellowship - KRWG - July 4th, 2017
- St. Augustine City Hall and Lightner Museum gets tented for termites ... - Florida Times-Union - June 30th, 2017
- Exterminating rare termites in Fort Worth home takes extreme measures - Fort Worth Star Telegram - June 28th, 2017
- Police: Former pest control worker targeted 12 homes being tented ... - The Ledger - June 27th, 2017
- St. Augustine City Hall, Lightner Museum To Close For Termite Tenting - WJCT NEWS - June 26th, 2017
- ANDERSON: Flying ants vs. termites - Evening News and Tribune - June 26th, 2017
- This Eye Infection Blinds Someone Every 15 Minutes, And Women Are Hit Hardest - HuffPost - June 22nd, 2017
- The Flight of the Termite: The Silent Intruder - Sourceable - June 20th, 2017
- Why cockroaches and termites are great parents - Phys.Org - June 19th, 2017
Click Free Exterminator Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free exterminator quote today.