Click Free Pest Control Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free pest control quote today.
Call us for a free quote at 1-800-837-5520 or contact us
Statistically speaking, your property is far more likely to be damaged by termites than by fire.
According to the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), termites cost Americans more than $5 billion in damage annually. Just about every property in the U.S is at risk of termites.
As a home or business owner, you should be aware of the risk of termites poise to your property, especially because termite damage is not covered by most home insurance policies.
Early detection of termites can help to minimize the cost of repairs needed to fix any damage caused. At Ehrlich, we know the facts about termites, can spot the termite eggs and larvae and offer methods to get rid of them and prevent them from coming back.
If you are concerned, call Ehrlich today at 1-800-837-5520 or contact us online for a FREE termite inspection of your home or business.
How do I know if I have termites? Your first clue to a termite problem may be small flying insects known as termite Swarmers – flying near your windows and leaving behind their discarded wings. This phenomenon generally occurs in the spring time.
However, termites are active all year round, and as termite swarmers look very similar to flying ants, correct identification is critical as part of a professional customized solution.
Termites are secretive pests and spotting them can prove to be very tricky. They can live undetected in hollow doors and wall voids for many years.
Apart from spotting termite swarmers in the spring, another obvious indicator of their presence is the damage they inflict on properties. To actually tell if you have termites in your home, it is often easier to look for the early damage signs they can typically cause.
Here are a few common signs of termites in your home or business that you might see (or hear)
Floor damage – Termites can damage laminate flooring and even skirting boards. Affected flooring may blister and sag in certain areas and checking underneath the flooring may help to uncover termite activity. You can also check if your floor feels more spongy and perhaps springs more than usual.
Wall damage – Look for unexplained cracks on internal walls. As termites consume cellulose found in timber within walls, the visible cracks could be a sign of termite activity inside.
Ceiling damage – Wooden ceilings, beams, architraves and rafters in attics are just as much at risk of termite damage as wooden structures located nearer ground level. Look for cracks on ceilings and cornices.
Foundation damage – The type of foundation your property is built on, has a big impact on how easy it may be for termites to gain entry in search of food. Although a lot of foundations nowadays are made of concrete – and termites do not eat concrete – they are able to squeeze into any crack within these concrete blocks and from there gain access to floor joists, which are still made out of wood. If you are building an extension, laying a chemical termite barrier beneath the concrete slab in order to prevent termites from traveling through foundation cracks. Homes with crawl spaces appear to be at greater risk of damage as their foundations are still traditionally made out of wood.
Sticking windows / doors – Windows and doors, which are infested with termites, may become difficult to open, as their tunneling and eating may make the frames irregular and misshapen.
Garden damage – Decking and wooden fence posts in your garden are at great risk of termites. Long-term damage could lead to collapse. Termite-treated wood or metal posts, can help to avoid this problem. Termites may also damage trees, leading to branches falling off.
Damaged Roof Tiles – Access moisture in your home due to loose, broken or damp roof tiles can attract termites. Broken roof tiles are a great source of moisture, which will attract termites and allow them access further inside your home. Once inside, termites are able to maneuver through a property easily and attack and eat away at wood components in all locations. Make it a habit to replace any damaged or water-logged roof tiles to avoid make your roof a haven for termites.
Weakened / hollow-sounding wood – Termites typically feed on wood underneath the surface, making them invisible. As they eat through the wood, without your knowledge, they create hollow galleries underneath the surface, making the actual structure sound hollow, if and when you knock or tap it. Wooden doors, furniture and wooden structural supports in your property are all at risk and should be checked if you are concerned.
Frass – Another word for termite droppings. Although they cause no damage, droppings are an obvious indicator of the presence of termites and the potential damage the pests can inflict in your property, as frass is the by-product of their eating.
Mud tubes on exterior walls – Act as protection for termites and are commonly found near the foundations of your home. Typically subterranean termite species build mud tubes, which also provides moisture. They are made up of soil and termite droppings. Avoid attracting termites by removing moisture rich environments, and storing firewood, mulch and wood chips away from the home. Look for mud tubes on exterior or basement walls. They are easy to spot with the naked eye.
Subterranean termites usually create nests in soil and are the most destructive termites in the U.S. Eastern subterranean termite infestations at structures are typically not able to be seen and it can be hard to tell you have an infestation until the damage is bad.
Termites eat 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week. This means they are constantly consuming wood and damaging it.
If left untreated, termites can seriously weaken the wood within your home leading to the possible collapse of the building.
With over 85 years experience in termite control, Ehrlich has the expertise to provide effective, customized preventative methods.
Contact us online or call us today at 1-800-837-5520 for a FREE termite inspection of your home or business.
IT IS ESSENTIAL TO TAKE IMMEDIATE ACTION AT THE FIRST SIGNS OF INFESTATION.
If you do encounter termite damage in your home, it can understandably be frightening. But termite damage can also be costly, which is why getting a termite inspection is important. To help guard your home against termites and avoid expensive repair bills, Ehrlich offers comprehensive termite prevention plans to minimize the risk from this pest.
Continue reading here:
Signs of Termite Damage | Ehrlich Pest Control
- No Ideas But in Things: A Practitioners Look at ... - May 25th, 2019
- April showers bring May termites - tallahassee.com - April 21st, 2019
- What Do You Do if You See a Termite Swarm? - April 21st, 2019
- Subterranean Termites: Treatment & Control - Get Rid of ... - April 2nd, 2019
- 7 Signs You May Have Termites | Ehrlich Pest Control - March 24th, 2019
- Termites | Mississippi State University Extension Service - March 24th, 2019
- Everything You Should Know About Flying Termites | Western ... - March 24th, 2019
- Keep Termites Out and Know the Sure Signs of an Infestation - March 13th, 2019
- What should you do if you see termite swarmers? | Palmetto ... - March 2nd, 2019
- Termites: Beneficial Insects - Natural Organic Biological ... - March 2nd, 2019
- The 10 Best Termite Companies in Temecula, CA (with Free ... - March 2nd, 2019
- Termites - Havasu - March 2nd, 2019
- How to get rid of termites: 7 best termite killers in 2019 - March 2nd, 2019
- What you need to know about Termite Swarms - Turner Pest Control - March 2nd, 2019
- How to Identify Drywood Termite Droppings | Thrasher Termite ... - March 2nd, 2019
- The Termites - Costa Rica - March 2nd, 2019
- How to Kill Termites Naturally - Keep Bugs Away - March 2nd, 2019
- Drywood Termite Treatment: Get Rid of Drywood Termites - February 28th, 2019
- How do tiny termites make such massive mounds? - February 15th, 2019
- Flying Ants vs. Termites, Termite or Ant? - Orkin.com - February 3rd, 2019
- Termite (Isoptera) - Animals - A-Z Animals - January 31st, 2019
- The Truth About the "Termites" | Psychology Today - December 28th, 2018
- Signs of Termite Damage|Termite Damage|Truly Nolen - November 1st, 2018
- Pictures of Termites | Ehrlich Pest Control - October 31st, 2018
- Termite Control - The Home Depot - October 31st, 2018
- How to Spot Termites: Termite Identification Pictures - October 31st, 2018
- Subterranean Termites Control | Do My Own Pest Control - October 15th, 2018
- Termites - Biology and Control - Browse Popular Publications - September 6th, 2018
- Termites Pest Control Information Perth - August 6th, 2018
- Termites - Nozzle Nolen - July 16th, 2018
- Termite - Field Guide to Common Texas Insects - June 17th, 2018
- What Do Termites Look Like? Signs of Termite Damage - June 2nd, 2018
- Termite Facts for Kids: Termite Information for Students - May 26th, 2018
- What Do Termites Look Like? Termite Identification - April 26th, 2018
- Termite Pictures: Photo Gallery with Images - April 21st, 2018
- Best 17 Termite Control in Fordyce, AR with Reviews - YP.com - March 4th, 2018
- Termites in Southwest Florida | Lenny's Bug Blog - February 28th, 2018
- End Of Termites | Terminator The best anti-termite ... - February 14th, 2018
- How to Get Rid of Termites - Pest Control Products - February 9th, 2018
- Termites - All About Termites - domyown.com - February 6th, 2018
- Termites | Dreamworks Animation Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia - February 3rd, 2018
- How to Treat Termites on Trees | Home Guides | SF Gate - February 3rd, 2018
- Prevent and Treat Termites to Avoid Damage to a House ... - January 21st, 2018
- Termites in Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, Pittsburgh ... - January 5th, 2018
- Termites in Potted Plants | Home Guides | SF Gate - January 3rd, 2018
- Subterranean Termites - extension2.missouri.edu - December 29th, 2017
- What Kinds of Termites do we Have in Georgia? - December 27th, 2017
- Signs of Termites: How to Detect Termite Evidence - December 17th, 2017
- What Are Termites? - December 15th, 2017
- Lewis Terman - Wikipedia - December 4th, 2017
- Termite Facts - Softschools.com - December 3rd, 2017
- Termites | Horticulture and Home Pest News - December 3rd, 2017
- Termite Facts for Kids - December 3rd, 2017
- Are Termites Harmful to Humans? | Termite Treatment And ... - December 3rd, 2017
- Termite Identification | Termite Control DC, MD And Northern ... - November 26th, 2017
- What "Wood" a Termite Prefer To Eat? - November 25th, 2017
- Termites - All About Termites - DoMyOwnPestControl.com - November 25th, 2017
- Termite Inspection | Truly Nolen - November 24th, 2017
- Best 30 Termite Control in Villas, NJ with Reviews - YP.com - November 18th, 2017
- What Do Termites Look Like Exactly? Find Out How! - November 17th, 2017
- Subterranean Termites - How To Kill and Get Rid of ... - November 17th, 2017
- The Signs of Termite Infestation - Florida Pest Control - November 17th, 2017
- 9 Signs of Termites Infestation | Kill Termites Guide - November 17th, 2017
- Termite Control Cost Muskegon MI - Pest Control - ESFS - November 16th, 2017
- 4 Best Termite Control, Inspection Services - Waterbury CT ... - November 4th, 2017
- 3 Ways to Protect Your Home from Termites - wikiHow - October 16th, 2017
- How to Kill Termites: Best Ways to Get Rid of Termites ... - October 7th, 2017
- Termite Fast Facts: What You Need To Know - The Spruce - October 1st, 2017
- Formosan Termites - How to Kill and Get Rid of Formosan Termites - September 23rd, 2017
- Giving air to earthworms and termites - Farm Weekly - September 6th, 2017
- Meet the 'Terminator' of sanitary waste - Oherald - September 2nd, 2017
- UCA bear battling termites; options studied - Arkansas Online - August 31st, 2017
- Four hidden threats many homeowners miss - KTAR.com - August 31st, 2017
- Tracking Guelph's 2017 termite zones - GuelphMercury.com - August 31st, 2017
- How To: Get Rid of Flying Ants - BobVila.com - August 31st, 2017
- Termites nibbling away at Bismillah Khan's citations | Varanasi ... - Times of India - August 29th, 2017
- Alan Root, Oft-Bitten Wildlife Filmmaker, Dies at 80 - New York Times - August 29th, 2017
- Termites eat into village, locals flee - Times of India - August 28th, 2017
- Termite outbreak empties out Almora village - Times of India - August 27th, 2017
- Faith Lift: Termites - The Baytown Sun - August 26th, 2017
Click Free Exterminator Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free exterminator quote today.