Click Free Pest Control Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free pest control quote today.
The Southwestern desert has two distinct wet seasons most years. Summer brings monsoonal flows, and winter can be accompanied by heavy rains. The reality is frequently a stark contrast to the image of non-stop sunshine and winter golfing.
The North American Monsoon System is perhaps the least-understood of all oflarge-scalecirculations patterns that affect the United States, reports theNational Weather Service Climate Prediction Center. The thunderstorms that are generated by the monsoon system can bring life-giving and beneficial rains, but can also be life-taking as they unleash violent flash floods, thousands of lightning strikes, crop-damaging hail, and walls of damaging winds and blowing dust.
These wet seasons bring a variety of headaches for homeowners because many problems resulting from excess water are nearly invisible until they become quite serious. The key isto prevent water problemsby controlling water flow and runoff.
Here are some of the hidden problems plaguing homeowners when the desert offers up too much water.
Anytime there is excessive moisture, mold can result. Mold grows best in damp, warm environments, according to theCenters for Disease Control and Prevention. So, Arizona monsoons produce ideal conditions for mold growth.
The CDC reports exposure to indoor mold can cause coughing andwheezingin otherwise healthy people, asthma symptoms in people with asthma, and hypersensitivity pneumonitis in susceptible individuals.
Mold removal can be difficult and expensive, so preventing it from occurring saves money.
Scorpions,spidersand fire ants are the creepy crawly creatures most people associate with desert climates. While those exist, the most damaging and destructive insects are undoubtedly termites. Arizona is in Termite Infestation Probability Zone 2, which means the potential for termite damage is significant, and infestation levels range from moderate to heavy, according totermites.com.
Termites tend to swarm on a warm day after rainfall, so the monsoon season is like ringing a dinner bell for termites. Prevention is the best defense against termites and, because they need moisture to thrive, one of the best prevention methods is to make certain your house stays dry.
Rain gutters and downspouts are important tools in the battle to keep water away from your home and foundation. When they dont function properly, instead of moving water away from your home, they tend to dump the water next to your homes foundation or even under the eaves. In either instance, water can seep into walls, where it creates the ideal circumstances for mold or those nasty termites.
A solid, well-maintained roof is your homes best defense against water issues. Unfortunately, because of their location, many roofing problems go unseen untila majorleakdamagesthe interior of your home or leads to one of the other problems mentioned.
Early fall is the perfect time to have your roof inspected and repaired. Its after the monsoon season, and wet winter storms have yet to arrive. Some problems, likelosingflashing around a chimney, have easy fixes. In other cases, you might need more significant repairs or a roof replacement. Whatever the case, it is cheaper to deal with the issue before it results in more damage.
To protect your home against mold, termites and other damage that can result from water seeping in, it makes sense to call a local companyexperienced in solving roofing problemsfor a free roof inspection.
Since 1994, KY-KO-Roofing has replaced tens of thousands of roofs in the Valley. Over 50% of our business is from referral or repeat customers and that when surveyed over 95% say they would refer us to a friend or family member. KY-KO Roofing Systems specializes in installation, maintenance, repairs, all roof types, foam, flat, shingle, tile, residential, commercial and industrial. Visit us atwww.kykoroofing.comor call 602.353.7187 to schedule a free roof check up.
- Keep Termites Out and Know the Sure Signs of an Infestation - March 13th, 2019
- What should you do if you see termite swarmers? | Palmetto ... - March 2nd, 2019
- Termites: Beneficial Insects - Natural Organic Biological ... - March 2nd, 2019
- The 10 Best Termite Companies in Temecula, CA (with Free ... - March 2nd, 2019
- Termites - Havasu - March 2nd, 2019
- How to get rid of termites: 7 best termite killers in 2019 - March 2nd, 2019
- What you need to know about Termite Swarms - Turner Pest Control - March 2nd, 2019
- How to Identify Drywood Termite Droppings | Thrasher Termite ... - March 2nd, 2019
- The Termites - Costa Rica - March 2nd, 2019
- How to Kill Termites Naturally - Keep Bugs Away - March 2nd, 2019
- Drywood Termite Treatment: Get Rid of Drywood Termites - February 28th, 2019
- How do tiny termites make such massive mounds? - February 15th, 2019
- Flying Ants vs. Termites, Termite or Ant? - Orkin.com - February 3rd, 2019
- Signs of Termite Damage | Ehrlich Pest Control - January 31st, 2019
- Termite (Isoptera) - Animals - A-Z Animals - January 31st, 2019
- The Truth About the "Termites" | Psychology Today - December 28th, 2018
- Signs of Termite Damage|Termite Damage|Truly Nolen - November 1st, 2018
- Pictures of Termites | Ehrlich Pest Control - October 31st, 2018
- Termite Control - The Home Depot - October 31st, 2018
- How to Spot Termites: Termite Identification Pictures - October 31st, 2018
- Subterranean Termites Control | Do My Own Pest Control - October 15th, 2018
- Termites - Biology and Control - Browse Popular Publications - September 6th, 2018
- Termites Pest Control Information Perth - August 6th, 2018
- Termites - Nozzle Nolen - July 16th, 2018
- Termite - Field Guide to Common Texas Insects - June 17th, 2018
- What Do Termites Look Like? Signs of Termite Damage - June 2nd, 2018
- Termite Facts for Kids: Termite Information for Students - May 26th, 2018
- What Do Termites Look Like? Termite Identification - April 26th, 2018
- Termite Pictures: Photo Gallery with Images - April 21st, 2018
- Best 17 Termite Control in Fordyce, AR with Reviews - YP.com - March 4th, 2018
- Termites in Southwest Florida | Lenny's Bug Blog - February 28th, 2018
- End Of Termites | Terminator The best anti-termite ... - February 14th, 2018
- How to Get Rid of Termites - Pest Control Products - February 9th, 2018
- Termites - All About Termites - domyown.com - February 6th, 2018
- Termites | Dreamworks Animation Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia - February 3rd, 2018
- How to Treat Termites on Trees | Home Guides | SF Gate - February 3rd, 2018
- Prevent and Treat Termites to Avoid Damage to a House ... - January 21st, 2018
- Termites in Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, Pittsburgh ... - January 5th, 2018
- Termites in Potted Plants | Home Guides | SF Gate - January 3rd, 2018
- Subterranean Termites - extension2.missouri.edu - December 29th, 2017
- What Kinds of Termites do we Have in Georgia? - December 27th, 2017
- Signs of Termites: How to Detect Termite Evidence - December 17th, 2017
- What Are Termites? - December 15th, 2017
- Lewis Terman - Wikipedia - December 4th, 2017
- Termite Facts - Softschools.com - December 3rd, 2017
- Termites | Horticulture and Home Pest News - December 3rd, 2017
- Termite Facts for Kids - December 3rd, 2017
- Are Termites Harmful to Humans? | Termite Treatment And ... - December 3rd, 2017
- Termite Identification | Termite Control DC, MD And Northern ... - November 26th, 2017
- What "Wood" a Termite Prefer To Eat? - November 25th, 2017
- Termites - All About Termites - DoMyOwnPestControl.com - November 25th, 2017
- Termite Inspection | Truly Nolen - November 24th, 2017
- Best 30 Termite Control in Villas, NJ with Reviews - YP.com - November 18th, 2017
- What Do Termites Look Like Exactly? Find Out How! - November 17th, 2017
- Subterranean Termites - How To Kill and Get Rid of ... - November 17th, 2017
- The Signs of Termite Infestation - Florida Pest Control - November 17th, 2017
- 9 Signs of Termites Infestation | Kill Termites Guide - November 17th, 2017
- Termite Control Cost Muskegon MI - Pest Control - ESFS - November 16th, 2017
- 4 Best Termite Control, Inspection Services - Waterbury CT ... - November 4th, 2017
- 3 Ways to Protect Your Home from Termites - wikiHow - October 16th, 2017
- How to Kill Termites: Best Ways to Get Rid of Termites ... - October 7th, 2017
- Termite Fast Facts: What You Need To Know - The Spruce - October 1st, 2017
- Formosan Termites - How to Kill and Get Rid of Formosan Termites - September 23rd, 2017
- Giving air to earthworms and termites - Farm Weekly - September 6th, 2017
- Meet the 'Terminator' of sanitary waste - Oherald - September 2nd, 2017
- UCA bear battling termites; options studied - Arkansas Online - August 31st, 2017
- Tracking Guelph's 2017 termite zones - GuelphMercury.com - August 31st, 2017
- How To: Get Rid of Flying Ants - BobVila.com - August 31st, 2017
- Termites nibbling away at Bismillah Khan's citations | Varanasi ... - Times of India - August 29th, 2017
- Alan Root, Oft-Bitten Wildlife Filmmaker, Dies at 80 - New York Times - August 29th, 2017
- Termites eat into village, locals flee - Times of India - August 28th, 2017
- Termite outbreak empties out Almora village - Times of India - August 27th, 2017
- Faith Lift: Termites - The Baytown Sun - August 26th, 2017
- Termites Springfield VA | Termite Control & Treatment - August 26th, 2017
- OP: A little less you're either with us or against us and a little more the enemy of my enemy is my ally - Western Herald - August 26th, 2017
- Top tips to protect your home against termites - The Standard - August 22nd, 2017
- Termites, damp, asbestos: Craig Reucassel's 'winning' home trifecta - Victor Harbor Times - August 19th, 2017
- On the termite 'brick' trail - The Hindu - August 19th, 2017
- Maintenance man Adam Titcombe dines on termites and a tarantula in fundraising challenge for Downham Market care ... - Norfolk Eastern Daily Press - August 13th, 2017
- Downham Market man set to eat worms, crickets, termites - and giant tarantula - Norfolk Eastern Daily Press - August 11th, 2017
Click Free Exterminator Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free exterminator quote today.