Click Free Pest Control Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free pest control quote today.
Last updates September 10th, 2017: Many property owners would not like to come across a termite infestation. It is quite difficult to identify signs of termites infestation as termites like damp, dark, and warm areas of a home.
If termites are not combated early they can cause humongous losses, Americans spend close to five billion dollars in termite damages annually.
Termites typically are small-white-soft-bodied insects, which feed on wood. There are two species of termites: the dry wood termites and the subterranean termites. They usually live in a form of groups and societies, wings are an indication that the termite is reproductive.
The termites live in colonies and once the little termites grow to a certain extent they form a swarm, which is a moving crowd, and maintain a colony.
Most people see the termites when they have caused structural damage, which may cost them thousands to repair. It is essential for a property owner to beware of the termite infestation as early as possible to avoid losses in the future, as they, can put preventive measures or seek pesticides to kill termites. Here are some of the signs of termites.
Termite shelter tubes in fan pattern along foundation wall. Note tubes developed along small-diameter copper tubing
These mostly originate from the ground crossing barriers for example metal capping and on walls or foundations.
The tubes are important in protecting the termites from predators, maintains a dark and humid environment for the termite food storage and their development. The termites are unique creatures and construct the structures at night when they are less likely to desiccate, in most cases the structures are clay like in texture , brown or dark brown in color.
Some are narrow while others are wider, if they are narrow say 10 millimeters they contain soldiers and workers foraging for food. On the other hand, if they are wider say 50 millimeters then they consist of large numbers of workers and soldiers transporting food and this is the stage, which is the most destructive.
Since they come in large numbers, they can cause immense damage on the wood or carvings they locate themselves. It is vital to look for signs of termites such tubes to avoid damages and losses
The subterranean species on the other hand do not make shelter tubes however, they make subterranean tunnels where they search and transport their food.
The tunnels maybe up to 20 centimeters deep down the soil with radii of up to 50 meters although in some cases this maybe deeper and radii further. Tunnels are mostly used by the worker termite although in some cases soldiers may be visible inside them.
This is for both termite species but the most visible is the subterranean species, which forms their colonies in tree root crown and trunks.
When an enemy infests the termites or predator the alates cut a longitudinal slit on the trunk for exit, however then the fight is completed the worker termite seal the hole and in most cases the tree produces callus in response to injuries.
In wood a hollow sounding studs maybe heard if termites have infested, in this case a professional maybe of great help, as they are familiar with the termite pattern and living.
In most cases, both termite species can cause destruction of the foundations and the joints.
When an alates for colonizing fight is about to be released the termites often produce earthen flight tubes, which projects horizontally from the infested timber. This is the most crucial signs of termites to watch.
Termites often excavate the wood leaving a thin layer intact and most excavation varies from large galleries to hollowing depending on the termite species. Audible tapping may be heard in places where it is heavily infested by termites these are signs of termites.
The sound comes from the soldiers tapping their mandibles and heads on the wood this is to signal the rest of the colony. The continuous transfer of the signal to the rest of the termite population often increases the sound hence the reason why it can be heard.
Termite droppings are often referred to as frass, these are tiny pellets mostly found at or near the entry of the termites. In the event you find a pile of dropping outside or inside your home then it clearly indicates that there are termites around.
Reproductive termites are often referred to as swarmers and often take flights in order to look for places to create new colonies.
Dry wood swarms are less predictable while the subterranean termites swarm during the spring season. In the event you see discarded wings or a swarm of insects then this is the time to alert insect or termite specialist to check presence of termites.
Termites burrow into the wood in an honeycomb pattern without coming closer to the surface; this is one of the problems why early detection is difficult.
As they continue to burrow they make the wood significantly weaker and results in hollow sound and sagging floors. As a precautionary measure, one should walk around the wooden floors or walls while tapping them to identify the hollowness or termite infestation.
This indicates a heavy termite infestation hence the need to look for a solution to the problem. This is one of the signs of termites infestation in your house.
In summary, there are many signs of termites infestation and they vary from one region to another and they should be closely monitored to avoid losses.
Read the original here:
9 Signs of Termites Infestation | Kill Termites Guide
- Keep Termites Out and Know the Sure Signs of an Infestation - March 13th, 2019
- What should you do if you see termite swarmers? | Palmetto ... - March 2nd, 2019
- Termites: Beneficial Insects - Natural Organic Biological ... - March 2nd, 2019
- The 10 Best Termite Companies in Temecula, CA (with Free ... - March 2nd, 2019
- Termites - Havasu - March 2nd, 2019
- How to get rid of termites: 7 best termite killers in 2019 - March 2nd, 2019
- What you need to know about Termite Swarms - Turner Pest Control - March 2nd, 2019
- How to Identify Drywood Termite Droppings | Thrasher Termite ... - March 2nd, 2019
- The Termites - Costa Rica - March 2nd, 2019
- How to Kill Termites Naturally - Keep Bugs Away - March 2nd, 2019
- Drywood Termite Treatment: Get Rid of Drywood Termites - February 28th, 2019
- How do tiny termites make such massive mounds? - February 15th, 2019
- Flying Ants vs. Termites, Termite or Ant? - Orkin.com - February 3rd, 2019
- Signs of Termite Damage | Ehrlich Pest Control - January 31st, 2019
- Termite (Isoptera) - Animals - A-Z Animals - January 31st, 2019
- The Truth About the "Termites" | Psychology Today - December 28th, 2018
- Signs of Termite Damage|Termite Damage|Truly Nolen - November 1st, 2018
- Pictures of Termites | Ehrlich Pest Control - October 31st, 2018
- Termite Control - The Home Depot - October 31st, 2018
- How to Spot Termites: Termite Identification Pictures - October 31st, 2018
- Subterranean Termites Control | Do My Own Pest Control - October 15th, 2018
- Termites - Biology and Control - Browse Popular Publications - September 6th, 2018
- Termites Pest Control Information Perth - August 6th, 2018
- Termites - Nozzle Nolen - July 16th, 2018
- Termite - Field Guide to Common Texas Insects - June 17th, 2018
- What Do Termites Look Like? Signs of Termite Damage - June 2nd, 2018
- Termite Facts for Kids: Termite Information for Students - May 26th, 2018
- What Do Termites Look Like? Termite Identification - April 26th, 2018
- Termite Pictures: Photo Gallery with Images - April 21st, 2018
- Best 17 Termite Control in Fordyce, AR with Reviews - YP.com - March 4th, 2018
- Termites in Southwest Florida | Lenny's Bug Blog - February 28th, 2018
- End Of Termites | Terminator The best anti-termite ... - February 14th, 2018
- How to Get Rid of Termites - Pest Control Products - February 9th, 2018
- Termites - All About Termites - domyown.com - February 6th, 2018
- Termites | Dreamworks Animation Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia - February 3rd, 2018
- How to Treat Termites on Trees | Home Guides | SF Gate - February 3rd, 2018
- Prevent and Treat Termites to Avoid Damage to a House ... - January 21st, 2018
- Termites in Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, Pittsburgh ... - January 5th, 2018
- Termites in Potted Plants | Home Guides | SF Gate - January 3rd, 2018
- Subterranean Termites - extension2.missouri.edu - December 29th, 2017
- What Kinds of Termites do we Have in Georgia? - December 27th, 2017
- Signs of Termites: How to Detect Termite Evidence - December 17th, 2017
- What Are Termites? - December 15th, 2017
- Lewis Terman - Wikipedia - December 4th, 2017
- Termite Facts - Softschools.com - December 3rd, 2017
- Termites | Horticulture and Home Pest News - December 3rd, 2017
- Termite Facts for Kids - December 3rd, 2017
- Are Termites Harmful to Humans? | Termite Treatment And ... - December 3rd, 2017
- Termite Identification | Termite Control DC, MD And Northern ... - November 26th, 2017
- What "Wood" a Termite Prefer To Eat? - November 25th, 2017
- Termites - All About Termites - DoMyOwnPestControl.com - November 25th, 2017
- Termite Inspection | Truly Nolen - November 24th, 2017
- Best 30 Termite Control in Villas, NJ with Reviews - YP.com - November 18th, 2017
- What Do Termites Look Like Exactly? Find Out How! - November 17th, 2017
- Subterranean Termites - How To Kill and Get Rid of ... - November 17th, 2017
- The Signs of Termite Infestation - Florida Pest Control - November 17th, 2017
- Termite Control Cost Muskegon MI - Pest Control - ESFS - November 16th, 2017
- 4 Best Termite Control, Inspection Services - Waterbury CT ... - November 4th, 2017
- 3 Ways to Protect Your Home from Termites - wikiHow - October 16th, 2017
- How to Kill Termites: Best Ways to Get Rid of Termites ... - October 7th, 2017
- Termite Fast Facts: What You Need To Know - The Spruce - October 1st, 2017
- Formosan Termites - How to Kill and Get Rid of Formosan Termites - September 23rd, 2017
- Giving air to earthworms and termites - Farm Weekly - September 6th, 2017
- Meet the 'Terminator' of sanitary waste - Oherald - September 2nd, 2017
- UCA bear battling termites; options studied - Arkansas Online - August 31st, 2017
- Four hidden threats many homeowners miss - KTAR.com - August 31st, 2017
- Tracking Guelph's 2017 termite zones - GuelphMercury.com - August 31st, 2017
- How To: Get Rid of Flying Ants - BobVila.com - August 31st, 2017
- Termites nibbling away at Bismillah Khan's citations | Varanasi ... - Times of India - August 29th, 2017
- Alan Root, Oft-Bitten Wildlife Filmmaker, Dies at 80 - New York Times - August 29th, 2017
- Termites eat into village, locals flee - Times of India - August 28th, 2017
- Termite outbreak empties out Almora village - Times of India - August 27th, 2017
- Faith Lift: Termites - The Baytown Sun - August 26th, 2017
- Termites Springfield VA | Termite Control & Treatment - August 26th, 2017
- OP: A little less you're either with us or against us and a little more the enemy of my enemy is my ally - Western Herald - August 26th, 2017
- Top tips to protect your home against termites - The Standard - August 22nd, 2017
- Termites, damp, asbestos: Craig Reucassel's 'winning' home trifecta - Victor Harbor Times - August 19th, 2017
- On the termite 'brick' trail - The Hindu - August 19th, 2017
- Maintenance man Adam Titcombe dines on termites and a tarantula in fundraising challenge for Downham Market care ... - Norfolk Eastern Daily Press - August 13th, 2017
- Downham Market man set to eat worms, crickets, termites - and giant tarantula - Norfolk Eastern Daily Press - August 11th, 2017
Click Free Exterminator Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free exterminator quote today.