Click Free Pest Control Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free pest control quote today.
By: Abby Stone
If your house is infested with termites, treatment may seem frustrating and embarrassing. Termite treatment costs can play a big part in your decision on which company to hire. When treating termites and choosing a company, here are some questions you may have:
Before you get treatment for termites, you may want to be sure you have a true infestation. There are a few things you should look for. The actual termite looks something similar to a flying ant. Most termites have wings at the adult stage of life. A difference between them is that termites have two body segments and ants have three. Termites also have longer wings. The subterranean termite is the #1 treated termite in the U.S.
Termites pose a different kind of harm than say something like a bed bug. According to Orkin, termites are not able to bite humans. There is one kind of termite, called a soldier termite that has the ability to bite humans. However, they only bite humans if they are held incorrectly.
Even though most termites cannot cause any physical harm to your body, it is important that you seek treatment options. Signs of a termite infestation are sagging floors and ceilings, damaged wood, termite feces, and mud tunnels at the base of your home. If you are experiencing signs of an infestation, contact your local termite treatment company. Click here to see how Ohio State University depicts an infestation.
There are thousands of companies to choose from when looking to hire a termite exterminator. Many times, larger companies charge more for the same service; however, their workers have been well educated and trained. Depending on the state, they may have a certification process where you can look up the company to see if they are legit.
California is one such example.
It may be a good idea to try to find a company that is large enough to know what they are doing but small enough so you can still get a good deal.
Your first move should be to call them. Tell them your situation and you will set up a time for them to drop by. When they come they are going to do an examination. They will show you your results and suggest to you what they think is your best option. Check with other companies and compare their prices.
After you decide which company would be the best, they will schedule a time for you to receive the treatment. Before they perform the treatment,termitemd.comprovides some great questions to ask:
1. What will your company do should termites return after treatment?
2. If I have a repair guarantee, do I have to pay a deductible?
3. All homes do not qualify for REPAIR guarantees, ask if yours does.
4. After the initial one-year guarantee period, how many extra years can I renew my contract?
5. How much will my annual contract renewal cost be?
6. When my contract period is over, do I have to retreat my house again at my expense? Is there a discount for the next treatment?
7. Ask for an insurance certificate. Companies who dont have any insurance are counting on you not asking.
8. If you are getting a bait treatment, ask how often their inspections will be performed, and the distance apart the stations will be placed.
After the company performs the treatment, they will return one year later for the annual inspection and give you an update. After that, you will receive and pay your bill.
Termite treatment can look different for everyone. Many exterminators will use a repellent to spray the base of your home. Exterminators may also use baits to kill the termites.
Bait is placed underground and the chemicals at each station are lethal to termites. The bait system is much easier to do if you are planning to do it yourself. Some treatment can last up to 5 years. It varies for each exterminator. It is suggested that you treat your whole house because many termites will find their way to the non-treated parts of your home.
According to Turner Pest Control, many home insurers do not cover the cost of termite treatment. Treatment can be expensive depending on where you live, what kind of termites you have, and how bad the infestation is. It can cost anywhere from $500-$4,000. The construction of your home can differ the cost as well. Termite treatment costs may be too expensive for many people but there are different do-it-yourself options.
Make sure if you do decide to hire a company, dont choose solely based on price. You want to check reviews in the area and have a solid understanding of what you are getting for the money. Obviously there is great variance in the cost of termite treatment, but the level of service typically varies as well. No 2 infestations are exactly alike, so make sure you understand your quote.
If you are worried your home might become infested with termites you can get termite protection plan. A termite protection plan is a monthly fee that you pay that guarantees treatment if your house were to become infested with termites. So basically you are paying for ongoing protection/maintenance as opposed to a one time service.
Click here tosee an example of such a plan from Terminix.
When looking into getting treatment for your home there are costs you should keep in mind when getting treatment.
1. Remember that you may need some repairs done to the construction of your home. It is important to remove and replace any wood that was damaged by termites. This can be expensive if you are not planning to do it yourself. This can cost several hundred dollars in repairs.
2. Check up inspections for your home. After receiving it is important to check your home every 5 years for termites. You want to make sure you catch another infestation early before it becomes a big issue. This should be another cost you should keep in mind. This can cost anywhere from $200-$400.
3. You also may want to get termite prevention treatment. It may benecessary to treat your house with a prevention spray to keep the termites away. Doityourself.com is a great website to look at for termite prevention.
Yes, you can! While putting your trust in a professional is ideal, there are a number of things you can do yourself to killtermites. Treating termites yourself, is a much more cost efficient way to take care of the problem. There are many different products and treatments to choose from and it may seem overwhelming at first. Here are some suggestions:
There are many different things to take into consideration when looking for the right termite treatment: money, efficiency, and safety of your pets and children.
Bait system: The bait system is the most common and easiest way, especially if you are planning to do it yourself. The bait system is a cylinder tube that has a wood and bait cartridge. You can place it in the ground by digging a hole with a posthole digger or a bulb shovel (a regular shovel will work too). Make sure you leave about 2-3 inches for drainage if it rains. Do not cover the top after placing it in the ground. After 2-3 months check the station. If it has termites in it you put in an active cartridge. After 2-4 weeks if the active cartridge is eaten then you start spot treatment. Talk to 2 or 3 professional termite exterminators to see what they suggest for your situation. Use the product that they suggest and treat it the same way.
According to the University of Kentucky, a great way to treat termites is with a pesticide called terminate. It costs a little under $100 for a box and it proves to be most effective to hire a professional.
Spray system: After you know that you have termites another method to treat with is spray. First, dig a trench a few inches deep and a few inches wide. Then, spray termiticide every 10 feet around the base of your home. You can also spray the termiticide in 12-inch holes in the concrete in front of doors. Spray until it the termiticide reaches the top of the hole. Many professional termite exterminators use termiticide.
If you hired a company to treat your termites, your first move should be to call the company back and tell them your problem. Most companies offer a one-year warranty protection plan. If you choose to treat the termites yourself, it would be best to contact a termite professional. You do not have to hire them, just get their personal opinion on the issue.
There are many options to choose from when looking for a prevention plan. Many times professional companies offer this service to you. If you are looking to do it yourself, you can find yearly sprays to spray the base of your home to keep them away as well.
I hope these answers have helped you treat your termite infestation. Of course, it is always best to ask a trained professional before treating any termites yourself. It is also important to keep children and pets away from the treatment areas and to make sure you read all of the instructions on the back of the bottle before using any chemical.
Read more from the original source:
Termite Treatment Cost – FightBugs.com
- Learn the BEST Termite Control Products, Methods ... - April 21st, 2019
- Best Termite Treatment - March 2019: Find Termite Control ... - April 5th, 2019
- When is Termite Treatment Necessary in the North & East Bay? - April 5th, 2019
- Termite Treatment & Control Phoenix, Mesa Arizona | Free ... - April 1st, 2019
- Get Rid of Rodents With Pest Control Kennesaw - March 17th, 2019
- Termite Treatments California | 2 Year Warranty - March 16th, 2019
- Termites: Types, Facts & How to Identify Them - 15% Off ... - February 25th, 2019
- Types of Subterranean, Drywood Termite Treatments - February 24th, 2019
- Termite Treatment - North Jersey Termite - January 31st, 2019
- Effective Termite Treatment | EarthRite Findlay, OH - January 31st, 2019
- Types of Termite Treatment | Massey Services, Inc. - January 31st, 2019
- No-Tent Termite Treatments in Tampa, Clearwater, St. Pete ... - January 31st, 2019
- Termite Treatment - Phoenix, AZ | Blue Sky Pest Control - January 31st, 2019
- Termite Treatment Services in San Jose and Bay Area by Planet ... - January 31st, 2019
- Termite Frass - A Sign Of Termites Anyone Can Identify - October 16th, 2018
- Top 6 Best Termite Treatments | Updated for 2018 - September 29th, 2018
- Termite Treatments: Chemical & Baiting | Ehrlich Pest Control - September 25th, 2018
- Termite Treatment DIY Projects Craft Ideas & How Tos for ... - September 25th, 2018
- Termite Treatment Options | Western Exterminator - September 22nd, 2018
- Termite Treatment in Florida | Fahey Pest - August 2nd, 2018
- Termite Elimination - Budget Brothers Termite - July 8th, 2018
- Termite Treatment | Termite Inspection | Dawsons Australia - July 4th, 2018
- Subterranean Termite Treatment Guide - DoMyOwn.com - July 2nd, 2018
- Termite Treatment - Sentricon System | Steve's Pest Control - May 18th, 2018
- Cost of Termite Treatment - Phoenix Az - Bills Pest ... - May 18th, 2018
- 2018 Average Termite Treatment Cost (with Price Factors) - April 22nd, 2018
- DIY Termite Treatment That Is Actually Effective - March 22nd, 2018
- Termite Treatment - Bug House Pest Control - March 12th, 2018
- Termidor Termite Treatment Spray - domyown.com - March 12th, 2018
- Termite Control, Termite Treatment - March 9th, 2018
- Termite Treatment Cost and Inspection Cost Guide - March 7th, 2018
- Types of Termite Treatments - Orkin.com - March 5th, 2018
- The Average Cost of Termite Treatment | Action Termite & Pest ... - March 4th, 2018
- How Much Does a Termite Treatment & Inspection Cost? | Do My Own - March 1st, 2018
- No-Tent vs. Tent Termite Treatment | Command Pest Control - February 19th, 2018
- Prevent Termite Damage With Termite Control and Treatment Tips - February 17th, 2018
- Termite Control & Prevention Services | Massey Services, Inc. - January 23rd, 2018
- The Best Termite Companies in Los Angeles, CA (with Free ... - January 22nd, 2018
- The 10 Best Termite Companies in Miami , FL (with ... - Thumbtack - January 22nd, 2018
- Preventive Termite Treatment - Locate Effective Preventive ... - January 13th, 2018
- Termites in Nebraska - Omaha, Lincoln, Bellevue NE - January 5th, 2018
- Termidor Termite Treatment Brisbane - Pest Control and ... - January 2nd, 2018
- Termite Treatments Process | Raleigh, Cary, Wake Forest NC - December 15th, 2017
- Top Three Termite Treatment Methods - HomeTeam Pest Defense - December 15th, 2017
- Subterranean Termite Treatment Guide - How to Get Rid of ... - November 27th, 2017
- 2017 Termite Control Service Cost | Termite Treatment Cost - November 27th, 2017
- Termite treatment, exterminator, inspections,control,wdi's - November 21st, 2017
- Learn the Best Termite Control Products, Methods, Companies ... - November 13th, 2017
- 5 Best Termite Control, Inspection Services - Ashburn VA ... - November 12th, 2017
- Termite Treatment Methods - Orange Oil Termite Control - October 1st, 2017
- Bethesda Termite Exterminators - Capitol Pest - October 1st, 2017
- Termite Treatment - Slug-A-Bug Pest Control - September 26th, 2017
- Is tentless termite treatment better or worse then tenting ... - September 26th, 2017
- Termite Byte - The Local Termite Treatment Experts! - September 26th, 2017
- Arizona Pest Control | Tucson Termite Control Experts - September 26th, 2017
- Best 30 Termite in Secaucus, New Jersey with Reviews - YP.com - September 23rd, 2017
- Termite Traps, Bait and Control - Termitrust | Termitrust - September 6th, 2017
- The Average Cost of Termite Treatment | Termite Treatment And ... - September 5th, 2017
- Termite Treatment - The Big Green K - September 5th, 2017
- Letter: New construction - Charleston Post Courier - September 5th, 2017
- From cruise ship brewmaster to hurricane hunter, these are some of our unusual jobs - Miami Herald - September 3rd, 2017
- Face of Pest Control - My New Orleans - September 2nd, 2017
- Rochester NY Exterminator, Pest Control & Termite Inspector - August 31st, 2017
- Council gives $20K to preserve landmarks - Sedona Red Rock News - August 31st, 2017
- Termite Treatments Dallas / Fort Worth - gotbugs.com - August 29th, 2017
- Orange oil termite treatment - Termite Web - August 29th, 2017
- Solving the ecological mystery of Africa's fairy circles - CU Boulder Today - August 25th, 2017
- Md. Couple's Termite Warranty Fails After Their Pest Control Company Is Bought Out - NBC4 Washington - August 25th, 2017
- Patrick Miller Prepares for New School Year at Webster - Malibu Times - August 19th, 2017
- Southwest projects continue to progress - Cassville Democrat - August 19th, 2017
- Leaf cutting ants, fig beetles, can be tough to get rid of - Arizona Daily Star - August 6th, 2017
- School board to meet briefly on Thursday - Davis Enterprise - August 1st, 2017
- Blog: The dampwood termite - Delta-Optimist (blog) - July 11th, 2017
- Pest prevention: Keep water away from the house - GoErie.com - July 8th, 2017
- Experience has Produced a Leader In Omaha ... - Digital Journal - Digital Journal (press release) - July 6th, 2017
- Atlanta Home Goes Green - Builder Magazine - July 6th, 2017
- Upgrading, maintenance of schools - The Star Online - July 2nd, 2017
- NEWS IN BRIEF FOR ST. JOHNS COUNTY, ST. AUGUSTINE & SURROUNDING AREAS - St. Augustine Record - July 2nd, 2017
- Man Broke into Termite Tented Homes, St. Pete Police Say - TB Reporter (registration) (blog) - June 29th, 2017
- With 'Signature' project, Westline, MFar set to create history in Mangaluru - Daijiworld.com - June 22nd, 2017
Click Free Exterminator Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free exterminator quote today.