Click Free Pest Control Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free pest control quote today.
John called when he was on his way and gave me his approximate arrival time. The inspection was schedule between 8am-10am on a Saturday morning. He called me around 8:30 and stated he would be there in approximately 30 minutes. He arrived on time, was professional and conducted the inspection quickly yet thoroughly. He was personable and friendly. I would definitely recommend Century and John to anyone needing termite inspection or home pest service. Very friendly company and quick to process all requests. Thank you!
Review update – it only gets worse… I didn’t think it was possible but the deception runs deep.I had an inspection performed at my home on May 10. I was told the inspection was free, because I had an existing warranty with the company (although they also told me that they do free inspections, so I don’t actually know what their warranty covers and initially they told me my warranty was only good for 90 days, which was about 8 months earlier, and i have email from them to prove it – this is an aside, not the main complaint, but signs of deceptive business practices). At the time of service I was handed two work orders totaling $1300. I rec’d a second estimate from another company, and they said that the claims that were made by Century Termite and Pest were not true so I did not sign the work orders that I was initially given. On June 1, I received in the mail an “account statement”, which appears very much like an invoice with a date of May 10 on it. The line item for $95 is titled TERMITE WARRANTY INSPECTION, and it says I will be charged a 1.5% fee if the balance is unpaid after 10 days. So it looks like they are invoicing me for what was supposed to be a free service, and they even included a payment envelope. I called the company to tell them I wanted that amount removed from my account balance, and they said, oh, so you don’t want to renew your warranty? indicating that the statement was not really an invoice for the inspection but rather an invoice for a warranty renewal. It is incredibly deceptive to try to disguise this optional cost as the balance due for a FREE inspection. DECEPTION ALL AROUND. DON’T DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE. IF YOU WORK FOR THIS COMPANY, START LOOKING FOR ANOTHER JOB NOW – I’M SURE NOT ALL OF YOU ARE INTENTIONALLY DECEITFUL.
Fast, honest, effective service handled by true professionals start to finish at a reasonable rate. We have had two service calls in the last year after switching from another local company. My pest issues were resolved at the first service call and I highly recommend Century.
Eric is trustworthy, dependable, and on time. During this visit, I had a special request related to activity in a certain area. Eric listened, is very knowledgeable, and took care of the problem right away. He’s very friendly, respectful, and professional. Thank you, Eric!!!
A star because business with them was going well from 2010-2017. In 2017, I told them that due to health concerns , rather than cancel altogether I want to instead put my account on hold where a tech ONLY comes out if I request the service. I was told my request will be granted and noted on my account. All continued well until someone came out and serviced the exterior of my house in the Spring of 2018 and again in the Summer of 2018 WITHOUT my knowledge or my permission. I paid the first invoice but called and expressed my disapproval and again said that no one is to service unless I call. But still, someone came out in the summer. I don’t know if the business has undergone management change this year, but things have only gone downhill in 2018 with this company. I told them I shouldn’t have to pay the second invoice, but I was billed again, with additional fees, and threatened with Collections. I have cancelled my service, but still disgusted by management’s lack of answering my messages and being thirsty for the next penny instead of looking for ways to resolve and make it work so I can continue being a customer of their’s.
I live in Northern Va. and actually tried reaching out to you after seeing your post and left a message but have not heard back.
Andy has been our technician for a while now and we love his service! Always very knowledgeable about any problem we had in the past giving us the best solution for it.!
Update: the owner’s explanation below is yet another falsehood. In fact, they just sent me another “renewal notice” asking for even more money recently. They have performed no service at my property for at least three years. Stay away!This company operates with deceptive business practices. They recently sent me a “renewal notice” that clearly states that my policy expires a month from now, and yet when I called to schedule an annual inspection, I was told actually, there isn’t an active policy. This leads me to suspect that the renewal notice was just an attempt to get me to pony up the $95 they were asking for. Watch out for these guys.
John was punctual, called when he was in his way, educated me on our termite issue, provided a variety of future measures we can take for treatment with a low pressure/educated suggestive way. Super nice guy and definitely will continue to be a Century customer with free assessment and quality service like this! Thank you, John!
We have used century for 12 years, since we bought our current home and our realtor suggested getting a service maintenance contract with an exterminator since our house backs up to a heavily wooded area. They come out once a quarter and spray outside our home to deter ants, which we have seen inside only on several occasions. When we have seen ant infestation (twice inside our mailbox and once inside our home in an air duct) we have called and a technician was dispatched and thoroughly resolved the issue. On Saturday, 3/18/17, my husband noticed a few very small ants in our kitchen. He made a call and a technician (Brett Seace) came on Monday. He was very thorough and polite and closed both gates after he was finished, a big issue for us as we have a dog and many service people leave one or both gates open. He informed us of what he did and what he found (no active infestation found) and told us what to expect and what to do if we do see further evidence of ants. Our realtor recommended Century 12 years ago and we are still using them and very satisfied and will continue to recommend them.
We paid $475 for them to trap a skunk under our porch. The trap was set, and days later it was removed. However they had captured a cat and released it. Go figure, they use cat food to catch rodents and other pests. Then they lied to us about actually catching something, which they did not. I would not recommend them at all. There customer service is terrible.
I have been using the company since I moved into my house in 2009. Service has always been hit or miss. Some of the techs are kind, courteous, punctual, respectful, and give a heads up call well in advance of their arrival. Then, you have the techs like ours tonight. He arrived at 8:15 pm when he was supposed to arrive no later than 6 pm (when the company closes). He did not call to say he would be late, did not give us a heads up call, and was surprised when I chewed him out for waking up my toddler daughter who had gone to bed 45 minutes prior. When we heard nothing as of 7 pm from him or the company, we gave up on him and had already decided to switch to another company because this was the second reschedule of a free retreatment. Also, emails composed using the web form apparently don’t actually go anywhere, are not read, and/or are not responded to. I’ve sent a few over the years and can’t be sure if they were acted upon or ignored. We are fed up with the hot and cold customer service and technician quality and are taking out business elsewhere.
I have used this company for many years and was thoroughly pleased with them, until February, 2017. I recently had a horrible experience when a registered item was removed from my home while three gentlemen from this company were working in my attic. After filing a police report and paying attorney fees (for consultation) only to hear there is nothing I can do about it if I didn’t see the item get stolen, I was very angry and disappointed. Several conversations with the company manager and my request for reimbursement for the stolen item eventually landed me on the “Do not even return her call anymore” list. I’m am still pissed beyond repair and do not intend to ever write another check to this company again. That is the only recourse I have. One or all three of these ‘thugs’ got away with larceny and there was nothing I could do about it but file a police report and share my not so good experience on this forum. This royally sucks! Companies are responsible for what their employees do! This experience totally erases any positive things I once had to say about this company. If there were even a remote chance that anything else could have happened to this missing item, I could not, in good conscience write this! Signed, Actively Seeking Another Pest Control Company
We recently discovered a mouse problem in our home and called Century Termite and Pest and we are very happy we did. Called on a Tuesday afternoon and the woman who answered the phone was very nice and set up an appointment for us the very next day. Inspector arrived exactly on time and recommended a technician come by later that day to lay traps, spray the outside of our home, and search for (and patch) any holes the nice may be coming through. The inspector and technical were very friendly and thorough. Service we picked covers a number of pests in addition to the nice (ants, other bugs) which is a great bonus.
We have used Century Termite for years now and they have done an excellent job of protecting our home from termites, ants, and other bugs. Because we live in a wooded area, in the spring we often see ants which sometimes come into the house. Century has been very quick to respond to my calls for service. They have also done an incredible job of ridding our attic of squirrels, and installing squirrel-proof gutters. Century is the best!
I don’t believe a company could be this much irresponsible and careless about their customers!! Horrible company to do business with…they take your money and they completely ignore you! Very disappointed and I am very surprised they are still in business. We contacted Century Termite and Pest for insect treatment. When their Salesman Patrick came to our property and start checking the garage and outside he suggested that we sign up for yearly treatment plan which includes 4 times treatment. In addition, they need to do extensive initial treatment which includes insect treatment in the attic and windows from inside since our main concern was insects and stink bugs and a yellow jacket nest outside the property which we paid $425 just for this initial treatment. When their technician arrived for the initial treatment, he stated that we need to leave the house since he is going to put a fog in the attic (BE AWARE…This is the tactic they use for you to put the homeowner out of the house so you don’t see if they do any treatment at all!!) I waited outside the house and their technician was out from my house in 20 minutes and did not even touch most of the windows!!! How is it possible to treat all the windows in three levels (Approximately total of over 50 Windows in 8,200 SF House in 20 minutes???!!!) I called their technician and the Salesman on the same day and requested that their technician comes back and complete the treatment since I still had stink Bugs all over the windows and the yellow jackets were still flying all over the backyard!! The technician said I am going to talk to the office and call you back. The technician never called back and I never heard back from the Salesman. I sent the Salesman Patrick multiple e-mails and he did not respond to any of my e-mails. At that point I decided to forward the e-mails to their main office and express my concerns and their poor service and request that they need to come back to complete their treatment. Finally, a lady from their office called me back and mentioned the Salesman (Patrick) is no longer with their company and she is going to look into this and call me back which she never called back!! At this point, I am drawing the conclusion that this company do not care about their customers since I made numerous attempts to resolve the issue with them directly!!!
WHY OH WHY didn’t I check the reviews here first?A complete stranger recommended these people – and had I done one minute’s research, I would have NEVER done business with these folks. The salesman, nice as can be, said he could have someone out right away to take care of my mouse problem.Two months later, and 7000 traps with peanut butter around my house, I still have the mouse problem. I asked for a different service person and was told the manager would come – which he did NOT. The same man (also very nice!) kept coming to my house and setting more traps – which we could have done ourselves, and HAD before we ever called this company.I signed a contract for – the salesman assured me – three months service, after which I would owe $85 every 3 months, but I could cancel at ANY time. So when I called today after only two months, I was told that I could NOT cancel, as I’d signed a one-year agreement and would be responsible for all payments – another $400 to keep these guys on board, so that they can do absolutely nothing.DON’T call these people. Pray that they go out of business soon. With salespeople saying one thing and ‘service managers’ who never show up but charge you for service – WOW. What a huge mistake.
ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE COMPANY! I would not recommend this company to anyone. Their technician was unbelievably rude, refused to treat the areas they promised to treat, proceeded to tell me that another technician was fired for stealing, stated that my contract should be quadrupled to $400/per month because the chemicals he uses are “expensive” and then inquired about whether we paid technicians on the side. Absolutely unbelievable. I informed their office and contract manger of the incident and was promised that the Service Manager would immediately return my call. I never received a return call whatsoever. THEY CLEARLY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS AND DO NO NOT DESERVE ANYONE’S BUSINESS! ABSOLUTELY AWFUL!
Stay away! Not professional & careless. If you have a problem, the owner of the company does not return calls.My opinion: Their technicians didn’t use protective clothing to spray poisons which, to me states, “they don’t understand how toxic poisons can affect them so why would they think it’s toxic to you, your children or pets”. Their technician spilled poison pellets in my driveway and left them there, everywhere. The poisons they used are toxic and they were targeting an infestation of Black Widow spiders.I would suggest you don’t even bother. They will have you sign a 1 year contract and ask you make your 1st payment.
Treated the soil around my new house which is under construction. Came out soon, did a great job, and work was quick.
See the original post:
Century Termite & Pest Control – 20 Photos & 30 Reviews …
- ABC Termite & Pest Control - Locally Owned and Operated - March 10th, 2019
- Kansas City Pest Control - Cole Termite & Pest Control - January 26th, 2019
- Central Termite & Pest Control Odessa, Florida - November 29th, 2018
- Neuse Termite and Pest - Raleigh Pest Control ... - November 29th, 2018
- Charlotte Pest Control: 75 years of Carolina Pest Management - November 9th, 2018
- New Jersey Termite Control | Protect Your Home - November 6th, 2018
- Pest Control Sydney - Micropest. Pest And Termite Inspections. - October 10th, 2018
- Termite Control | Exceed Pest Control - September 29th, 2018
- Termites - Aetna Pest Control - September 29th, 2018
- Norman Termite Exterminator - Norman Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Renton Termite Exterminator - Renton Pest Control Pros - September 29th, 2018
- Termites and Fire | Phoenix Pest Control - September 29th, 2018
- Free Termite Inspection - kiltertermiteandpestcontrol.com - September 29th, 2018
- Townhouse Fumigation Takes a Good Neighbor | Thrasher ... - September 29th, 2018
- Action - Affordable Pest Control in New Jersey - September 7th, 2018
- 25 Best Pest Control Companies - Fairfax VA | Exterminators - September 4th, 2018
- Pest Control Services in Alexandria, VA - HomeAdvisor.com - August 12th, 2018
- InspectorUSA Termite & Pest Control - July 23rd, 2018
- Pest Control Services Cincinnati OH | Pest Control Service ... - July 8th, 2018
- Price Termites & Pest Control | Broward, Palm Beach and ... - July 8th, 2018
- Green Home Termite & Pest Control - Yelp - June 17th, 2018
- Termite Control | Anti Termite Treatment | Termites Pest ... - June 6th, 2018
- Pest Control Orlando | Lawn Care Services Orlando ... - June 3rd, 2018
- US Termite & Moisture Control, Pest Control, Termite ... - June 3rd, 2018
- Pest Control New Jersey | Bed Bug, Exterminator & Termite ... - June 2nd, 2018
- Senate Termite & Pest Control - Manassas, VA - Yelp - May 13th, 2018
- Best 30 Termite Control in Fairfax, VA with Reviews - YP.com - April 27th, 2018
- Termite | 5 Star Termite & Pest Control - April 24th, 2018
- Termite Control | Clark's Termite & Pest Control | SC - March 2nd, 2018
- Termite Control Service San Angelo, Texas - mdkpest.com - March 2nd, 2018
- Berwick Pest, Ant, Spider & Termite Control | Safe & Reliable - February 28th, 2018
- Termite Control in Orlando & Tampa by Apex Pest Control - February 25th, 2018
- Treatment - Tri-County Termite & Pest Control, Inc. - February 12th, 2018
- Termite and Pest Control Lafayette, LA - J&J Exterminating - February 9th, 2018
- Accurate Termite and Pest Control Releases TermitePro.us, an ... - February 9th, 2018
- Pest Control Solutions - HTP Inc - Tennessee Pest Control - February 3rd, 2018
- Termite Identification - Corky's Pest Control Services in San ... - February 3rd, 2018
- Termite Control | Priority Pest Control - Omaha, NE - February 2nd, 2018
- Pest Control Ipswich Qld | Termite Treatments Ipswich - January 23rd, 2018
- Bed Bug Heat Treatment - Structural Termite & Pest Control - January 21st, 2018
- Termites - Century Pest Control - January 21st, 2018
- Pest Control & Termite Inspections Since 1972 - Structural ... - January 21st, 2018
- Termite Control Products - Termite Treatment | Do My Own Pest ... - January 10th, 2018
- Termite Control, Pest Control, Bee Removal - December 16th, 2017
- Naples Termite and Pest Control Bug Free Services - November 28th, 2017
- Cummings Termite & Pest | 480-994-9599 | Scottsdale ... - November 20th, 2017
- Termite Services | Vulcan Pest Control West Palm Beach, FL - November 20th, 2017
- Termite Control | Lloyd Pest Control - November 20th, 2017
- Termites - HomeTeam Pest Defense - November 20th, 2017
- Price Termite & Pest Control in Brevard, Broward and Palm ... - November 13th, 2017
- Kama'aina Termite And Pest Control | Honolulu, Hawaii Orange ... - November 6th, 2017
- Pest Control Sydney | Termite Treatment & Protection | Pestworks - October 26th, 2017
- Termite Control & Treatment In The Midwest | Plunkett's Pest ... - October 14th, 2017
- Bush Termite and Pest Control - October 6th, 2017
- Professionals Pest and Termite Control in York | BJ Riley ... - September 25th, 2017
- Commissioners scratch for answer to bed bug problem - Salina Journal - September 6th, 2017
- Take On This Termite Season With Able Pest Management, A Local Honolulu Pest Removal Company - PR Web (press release) - September 6th, 2017
- Local pest control company says prevention will keep critters at bay - ABC NEWS 4 - September 2nd, 2017
- Insect Pest Control Market, By Insect Type, Control Method ... - Markets Insider - August 31st, 2017
- Autumn view brings spider webs in plain view - Winchester Herald Chronicle - August 29th, 2017
- KCK car wash owner spots pest control worker illegally dumping rat poison from truck into a bay - fox4kc.com - August 29th, 2017
- Cleveland Gets A Dubious Honor For Its Bed Bug Infestations - Patch.com - August 29th, 2017
- Most Effective Mosquito Advertising - PCT Magazine - August 28th, 2017
- Termite Control - American Pest Management Inc. - August 27th, 2017
- Terminix Releases Top 20 Bed Bug Cities List - Business Wire (press release) - August 27th, 2017
- Termites Problem Solved Pest Control - August 19th, 2017
- Termites | Gillen Pest Control - August 19th, 2017
- Termite Control FAQ | How Do I Know If I Have Termites ... - August 19th, 2017
- Skyline Pest Solutions Acquires Evergreen Termite & Pest Control - PCT Magazine - August 12th, 2017
- Reading-based pest control company continues expansion in Gulf Coast, Midwest - Lehigh Valley Business - August 12th, 2017
- Rentokil Steritech Acquires Fischer Environmental Services - PCT Magazine - August 12th, 2017
- Wife, husband lead company specializing in pest control - The Augusta Chronicle - August 6th, 2017
- Termite Control - Budget Pest Control - Pittsburgh, PA - August 3rd, 2017
- Termite & Pest Control | Tucson | Phoenix | 5 Star Termite ... - August 3rd, 2017
- Termite Treatment, Building Inspection, Pest Control Services ... - August 3rd, 2017
- Rentokil Steritch Acquires Connor's Termite and Pest Control - PCT Magazine - July 31st, 2017
- Barefoot Pest Control - termite control - July 30th, 2017
- Efficient Ways to Choose the Right Pest and Termite Control Company. - ThyBlackMan - July 30th, 2017
- New Service Opportunities Using Physical Pest Barriers - PCT Magazine - July 30th, 2017
- Rollins, Inc. Enjoys Broad-Based Growth - Madison.com - July 30th, 2017
Click Free Exterminator Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free exterminator quote today.