Click Free Pest Control Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free pest control quote today.
9535 East Doubletree Ranch Rd,Scottsdale, AZ 85258-5514
800-223-0618 (AZ residents only)
Arizona Office of Pest Management
1688 W AdamsPhoenix, AZ 85007(800) 223-0618(602) 255-3664(602) 542-3579
The following is a selection from the Arizona State Code related to Termite Treatment Licensing.
32-2323. Wood-destroying insects; treatment proposal; registration form; fee
A. A business licensee shall not commence work on a contract or sign, issue or deliver any documents expressing an opinion or making a statement relating to the presence or absence of wood-destroying insects in a structure until an inspection is made.
B. Only an applicator or qualifying party licensed in the categories of wood-destroying insect management and wood-destroying insect inspection shall prepare a treatment proposal on a form approved by the acting director and shall deliver a copy of the treatment proposal to the person requesting the proposal, or the persons designated agent, before beginning treatment. The treatment proposal shall include the following information:
1. The address of the property to be treated.
2. A statement describing that the work is preventative or corrective.
3. A statement describing the evidence of infestation or damage.
4. A diagrammatic description showing the nature and location of evidence of infestation or damage, or both, if applicable.
5. A statement describing the treatment or repair method, including the name of the pesticide, agent or device to be used and a diagrammatic description showing where the treatment or repair will be rendered.
6. The price for the work.
7. The terms for the service agreement provided by the business licensee.
8. The signature and license number of the person who made the inspection of the structure to be treated.
C. A licensee shall also give to the person requesting a proposal a written recommendation that verifies a particular problem and, in addition to the licensees recommendation for treatment, shall advise the person of alternative treatments and methods, including integrated pest management methods to alleviate the problem.
D. A treatment proposal shall not be in the same form or be construed as a wood-destroying insect inspection report. A treatment proposal that does not identify infestation by wood-destroying insects is not a binding statement as to the presence or absence of wood-destroying insects.
E. A treatment proposal shall be prepared by a licensed applicator or qualifying party who has received at least five hours of instruction from the office or an in-house education program of a business licensee on the subject of wood-destroying insect inspections. An examination on the instruction is not required. The business licensee shall keep a record of completion of the training and shall make the record available on the acting directors request.
F. If a business licensee performs a treatment pursuant to a treatment proposal, the business licensee shall maintain for five years a record of the treatment and the name and quantity of the pesticide used.
G. Within thirty calendar days after completion of a termite treatment or on the next business day after the thirty calendar days, a business licensee shall file with the office in a form or format approved by the acting director a complete and accurate termite action registration form and a fee as prescribed by the acting director. The termite action registration form shall include information prescribed in section 32-2321, subsection C, paragraph 11 and this section. This subsection only applies to the following:
1. Any treatments done before or during construction, including final grade treatments.
2. The first preventative or corrective termite treatment by a business licensee to a site. If the business licensee who performed this termite treatment performed the before or during construction treatment at the same site and filed a termite action report form with the office documenting the before or during construction treatment, the business licensee is exempt from this paragraph.
3. A wood-destroying insect inspection report.
32-1160. Claim for termite damages; notice and offer of settlement; applicability; definition
A. At least thirty days before filing suit against a contractor for money damages resulting from termites, a claimant shall give written notice to that contractor at that contractors last known address, specifying in reasonable detail the facts that are the subject of the complaint. Within ten days after the date the contractor receives the notice, the contractor may request an opportunity to inspect the premises and may make a written offer to the claimant that may include an agreement by the contractor to inspect, treat, repair or have repaired at the contractors expense any area damaged by the termites and shall describe in reasonable detail the kind of repairs or treatment offered. If accepted, the repairs or treatment shall be made within forty-five days after the date the contractor receives written notice of acceptance of the offer of compromise, unless completion is delayed by the claimant or by other events beyond the control of the contractor. Failure to provide a written notice or refusal to allow a contractor to inspect the premises for termite damage and provide a retreatment program shall create a rebuttable presumption that the damages could have been mitigated.
B. The notice prescribed by subsection A is not required if the claimant must file suit at an earlier date to prevent expiration of the statute of limitations or if the complaint is asserted as a counterclaim.
C. This section does not create an implied warranty or extend any limitation period. This section applies only to a claim for money damages to a residence or an appurtenance to a residence resulting from termites and for which suit is filed after the effective date of this section.
D. For purposes of this section contractor means a person or entity, including any subsidiaries, parents, partners or affiliates, that contracts with a claimant for the construction or sale of a new residence constructed by that person or entity, or for an alteration of or addition to an existing residence, repair of a new or existing residence, or construction, sale, alteration, addition or repair of an appurtenance to a new or existing residence.
Key Arizona Termite Cases:
Sheibels v. Estes Homes, 161 Ariz. 403, 778 P.2d 1299 (1989)
Hill v. Jones, 151 Ariz. 81, 725 P.2d 1115 (1986)
Originally posted here:
Arizona – Termite Public Service
- Home | Thrasher Termite and Pest Control -- Best in San Diego - August 24th, 2018
- The Termite Danger Of Stucco And Veneer | Pest Cemetery - August 18th, 2018
- Xtermite - 68 Reviews - Pest Control - 10107 Prospect Ave ... - July 1st, 2018
- Drywood Termite Tent Fumigation vs No Tent Termite ... - April 1st, 2018
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor - FiveCentNickel - February 19th, 2018
- Termite Control Stockton CA Call 916-584-9535 Termite ... - January 31st, 2018
- Reviews | Clegg's Termite and Pest Control - January 2nd, 2018
- The pest Company Kordon Termite Barriers - December 29th, 2017
- Termite life cycle: what are the stages, when do eggs ... - December 16th, 2017
- How To Get Rid Of Termites : termites in house | termite ... - November 22nd, 2017
- Consumer Update: Termite Baits - University of Kentucky - October 23rd, 2017
- Termite treatments for inside and around the home - October 1st, 2017
- Columnist Christie Moulton: Impressions of Vietnam, a half century after the war - GazetteNET - September 6th, 2017
- It has a history ... - Palo Alto Online - September 3rd, 2017
- Farce and frivolity | Opinion, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com - Philippine Star - September 2nd, 2017
- Be careful in the company - Valencia County News Bulletin - August 31st, 2017
- Short-term rentals create a long-term problem: soaring taxes for the rest of us - The Lens - August 26th, 2017
- Turnout low at first public hearing on Killeen budget - The Killeen Daily Herald - August 24th, 2017
- 'Nuno sa' internet - Inquirer.net - July 12th, 2017
- A 'Nature School' for curious visitors - The Hindu - July 6th, 2017
- I spent three days as a hunter-gatherer to see if it would improve my gut health - eNCA (satire) - July 4th, 2017
- Editorial: Gigs and garlands - News Chief - July 4th, 2017
- Editorial: Gigs and garlands - The Ledger - July 3rd, 2017
- Adjudicated, blighted property eyed by city - Crowley Post-Signal - June 28th, 2017
- Javed Akhtar, Paresh Rawal react to lynching cases | The Indian ... - The Indian Express - June 24th, 2017
- Termite Inspections: Pre Home Buying Termite Inspection - June 22nd, 2017
- Hospital Hoarding Announces NO Commission to Doctors, rakes ... - Medical Dialogues - June 19th, 2017
- Robert Lamoureux: Your Home Improvement - Santa Clarita Valley Signal - June 18th, 2017
- Mike James: The human factor - The Independent - June 16th, 2017
- Hospital Hoarding Announces NO Commission to Doctors, rakes controversy - Medical Dialogues - June 14th, 2017
- The bond between animals and man - The Straits Times - June 13th, 2017
- Opinion: Mexico's hellish drug war is getting worse, but why? - The Yucatan Times - June 10th, 2017
- The growing danger of terrorism - The Manila Times - June 6th, 2017
- The joys of living encased in concrete block: Letters - Orlando Sentinel - June 3rd, 2017
- Frequently Asked Questions - Specialist Termite Control - June 1st, 2017
- Cowboys May Ride Off Into It - New York Times - June 1st, 2017
- African desert has its own X-files - Independent Online - May 30th, 2017
- Something bigger than ourselves - Lake Country Calendar - May 25th, 2017
- Termite FAQ - DIY - Dr Don's Termite Pages - May 24th, 2017
- Kato Secondary School - Stabroek News - Stabroek News - May 24th, 2017
- Kato Secondary School - Stabroek News - May 21st, 2017
- 'Problem Home,' Chapter 2: A history of challenging local government - Los Angeles Times - May 19th, 2017
- FAGERLUND: Bugman explains pests - Rio Rancho Observer - May 15th, 2017
- LOWEST PRICE FOR VIAGRA 100MG - cialis prescription online - State Column - May 12th, 2017
- Community needs to support Etowah facility efforts - The Daily Post-Athenian - May 11th, 2017
- Neighbors want Miami commission to scuttle part of Avra Jain and Mattoni's Bayside Motor Inn redevelopment - The Real Deal Magazine - May 9th, 2017
- SIMON LINCOLN READER: Let Malikane be hoist by his own penchant for revolution - Business Day (registration) - May 5th, 2017
- Letter: Trump's talk heightens concerns - SW News Media - May 4th, 2017
- Blog: The Pacific dampwood termite - Delta-Optimist (blog) - April 26th, 2017
- McGregor managing to excel as a coach, despite working for Dragons - The Roar - April 22nd, 2017
- FAGERLUND: The ants are marching one by one... Stop 'em! - Rio Rancho Observer - April 16th, 2017
- Baiting ants - Valencia County News Bulletin - April 13th, 2017
- Our view: Watered-down septic bill barely better than nothing - TCPalm - April 7th, 2017
- Beauty and the feast - The Independent - April 7th, 2017
- New EPA administrator refuses to ban pesticide chlorpyrifos - Food Safety News - April 6th, 2017
- The science is clear; the solution is more complex - Thegardenisland.com - April 4th, 2017
- A risk-taker at 25 - Business Mirror - April 3rd, 2017
- Chemical Information - Termite Specialist - March 25th, 2017
- SXSW Film 2017 - Tiny Mix Tapes - March 24th, 2017
- Steve Hansen: Sifting through the recycling issue - Lodi News-Sentinel - March 23rd, 2017
- Impeachment stupidities | Inquirer Opinion - Inquirer.net - March 22nd, 2017
- Robredo called 'termite of government' in impeach complaint - Inquirer.net - March 22nd, 2017
- Marcos loyalist files impeachment complaint vs Leni - Philippine Star - March 21st, 2017
- Answer Man: Historic Thomas Wolfe cabin set for rehab? - Asheville Citizen-Times - March 16th, 2017
- Crumbling building a potent wake-up call - Charleston Post Courier - March 12th, 2017
- Cats of Istanbul get their close-up in 'Kedi' - Asbury Park Press - March 11th, 2017
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: State builders express distaste for Fallin's ... - Norman Transcript - March 9th, 2017
- Frank Clancy: A plan to make Armstrong great again - Savannah Morning News - March 3rd, 2017
- Frank Clancy's plan to make Armstrong great again - Savannah Morning News - March 2nd, 2017
- Pre Home Buying Termite Inspections - Orkin.com - February 24th, 2017
- All In To Beat the Conehead Termite - PCT Magazine - February 24th, 2017
- AT LARGE: So you want to sell your house ... - Montgomery Newspapers - February 24th, 2017
- Rehoboth commissioners seek answers on City Hall overruns - CapeGazette.com - February 24th, 2017
- Biased media are threat - The Augusta Chronicle - February 22nd, 2017
- Second Opinion Termite & Pest Control Co of Va - 2825 N ... - February 20th, 2017
- The Signs of Termite Infestation - Termite Information - February 15th, 2017
- Termite Detection Radar Technology :: Termatrac - February 15th, 2017
- Botanic Gardens' Tembusu tree that fell last inspected in September: NParks - Channel NewsAsia - February 12th, 2017
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bond issue would make big difference at ... - Stillwater News Press - February 7th, 2017
- Thursday's letters: Trump tackles festering problems - Tampabay.com - February 3rd, 2017
Click Free Exterminator Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free exterminator quote today.