Click Free Pest Control Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free pest control quote today.
Professionals use special gas in order to get rid of termites which prosper over the ground and eat walls, floors, ceilings, balks, etc. Pest exterminators seal the house under the tent and make it full of poisonous gas.
Fumigation is done with special chemicals which do not have smell and color. For the owner of the house it is important before, during and after termite treatment to follow the instructions in order to protect his family and pets.
Before speaking about how to prepare your house for termite tenting, lets speak about necessary equipment:
Learn more about drywood termites: signs of their activity; best methods of treatment: spot treatment and DIY methods; how to get rid of them in furniture?
Here is the termite tenting preparation checklist, that will help you to be sure that everything was done properly. Find the place where you, your family and pets can live while you have termite treatment in your house. Your house will be sealed for 2-3 days and you should be at a safe distance from your house.
You will not be allowed to enter the house until the tent is removed, the house is aired and the air is checked with special equipment (in order to make sure that it is safe and you can come back).
Take all the food and tobacco away or put them in a special bag. Ask your pest control service whether they have special nylon or plastic bags for keeping products.
Food that you keep in the fridge must be taken away as well, or you can place it in the bag and leave in the fridge. You may also leave all jars, bottles, cans, etc. if they are originally hermetically closed.
For example, you do not have to bag or take out metal or glass liquor which is originally sealed. Inspect all the bottles and check to see they are sealed.
If containers had been opened or you are not sure that they are hermetically closed, you will need to put them in bags.
You should also carry all the medicine out.
Any kind of food which has dry package (cardboard boxes, for example), even if it wasnt opened and has originally sealed box, has to be taken out or bagged.
This may include chips, flour, cereal, etc.
It is a good idea to use double-packaging.
So, you can put one bag in another and place all the needed objects inside. Double-packaging will make protection more effective.
Before fumigation (one-two days earlier) try not to buy any extra or unnecessary products. That will create additional work and you will have to look for a place to keep extra food or buy new packages.
Leave covers, furniture, boxes, cases, appliances, interior doors, etc. open or take them away if possible.
You will have to take out all valuable things such as money, jewelry, etc. This is all because you have to leave safes open as well. Even if you do not want to do it, you will have to give all keys to the exterminator to make him able to perform qualitative fumigation.
It is not needed to put dishes or clothes in bags as fumigant will not harm or somehow damage these things. Basic air ventilation after fumigation process will be enough.
Drapes, jalousies and shutters should be open in order to make it easier for exterminators to air the house after fumigation.
If you use natural gas for heating or any other purposes and you have gas pipe line, you will have to cut it off temporary. Find out in advance where and how you can do it, and do not forget to plan your time.
Usually turning off the gas is to be done the day before fumigation and by someone from the gas company.
Turn off all the interior and exterior lights, water heaters, washers, dryers, ovens, computers and any other electric appliances.
Preparing for termite tenting from the outside of the house.
Take off all the antennas, wires and satellite antennas. Exterminators will fix the tent on the ground.
If your house is somehow touching the fence, most probably Pest Company will ask you to remove it.
As far as the company covers the whole house with a tent, the most effective fumigation will be provided if nothing blocks the right tent setup.
All the space within twelve to eighteen inches of your house will be covered by a tent. Plants and trees around the house should be removed for a place for the tent.
In order to protect the roots of your shrubs water plants and trees around the perimeter of the house. Water should reach the depth of six inches as that will be enough to prevent fumigants leakage out of the tent.
Rake decorative rocks and wooden mound at least 12 inches back from the exterior of your house.
Provide exterminator with a key to your house so that he could accomplish fumigation of your house, enter after fumigation, and accomplish aeration process of your house after fumigation.
Take all living matters out of your house. People, pets and plants are not allowed to stay in the house. Remember that there is no safe way to keep fish tank in the house during fumigation: you should also bring it out.
Stay in touch with the exterminator in order to find out when it will be safe for you to come back to the house. Sometimes the date of tent fumigation may be delayed.
This may have different reasons (basically safety), but usually this might happen because of bad weather. In this case you should be ready to re-schedule your plans.
There is some special reminding for those who have babies or children. Of course, before starting fumigation all the food for children must be placed in special sealing bags or taken out of the housel.
You should also remember that you will have to remove all mattresses. The reason is their materials. Mattresses for children usually have details made of plastic or any other materials which do not leak (these details are mostly used for covering mattresses).
During fumigation process poisonous gases may penetrate mattress and it will be hard to air it out later.
It will be also a good idea to remove all other objects which may have plastic covering, or you may cover them with special bags as well.
Inform your neighbors about your fumigation plans and warn them to keep dogs and cats away from your house during the process.
Learn more about subterranean termites: signs of their activity; best methods of treatment and DIY methods. Eastern subterranean termites and their tunnels and tubes with photo.
You will not have to wash any dishes or clothes after fumigation.
The gas which is used for the process will dissipate very fast, especially after air ventilation.
But usually householders still rewash all possible things in the house to feel safe. As you can see preparing for termite fumigation is not very difficult process but for sure this procedure should be done properly and carefully.
Here you can learn more information about tenting: dangers for termites, cleaning after fumigation, how long does this procedure last?
If you interested in more information of termites we recommend you to read the following articles:
This video covers the general process and procedures of fumigations:
Remember, that in order to protect yourself and your family do not enter the house until it is air ventilated.
The exterminators must ensure you that the house is safe.
In order to be fully informed about termite fumigation preparation process and after it do not be afraid to ask the exterminators any questions you have.
It will be also a good idea to call the Pest Company and ask them to come sometime before starting fumigation process. They will check whether you have done all the termite tenting preparations in a right way and may give extra recommendations.
See the original post:
Termite Fumigation: preparation stage, how to prepare for …
- Termite Tenting & Fumigation- Cost, Preparation, Safety ... - May 25th, 2019
- Termite Tenting Preparation: Fumigation Checklist, Side ... - April 6th, 2019
- The Fumigation Process - quantumtermite.com - April 6th, 2019
- Termite Professionals - Broward, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach ... - March 16th, 2019
- Orange Oil Termite Control Orange Oil Termite Control ... - March 12th, 2019
- Fumigation Service Pest Control Termite Treatment, Bed ... - January 25th, 2019
- Termite Fumigation - Southern California Exterminators - November 24th, 2018
- 21 Best Pest Control Companies - Newark NJ | Exterminators - November 9th, 2018
- Termite Fumigation Termite Control Exterminators - May 20th, 2018
- Termite heat treatment vs fumigation: pros and cons - May 15th, 2018
- Termite Fumigation San Luis Obispo, CA | Termite ... - April 16th, 2018
- Termite Fumigation - Proven Termite Solutions - March 27th, 2018
- LD Termite | Complete Pest and Termite Control - February 14th, 2018
- How Much Does Termite Fumigation Cost? - Networx - February 5th, 2018
- Fumigating and Tenting a Home for Drywood Termites - February 5th, 2018
- TERMITE CONTROL EXTERMINATORS - Gopher Patrol - February 1st, 2018
- POST FUMIGATION FAQs - Kama'aina Termite And Pest Control - February 1st, 2018
- Orange Oil vs Fumigation - Natural Termite Treatment - December 29th, 2017
- Termites and Fumigation - Tri-County Pest Control Inc. - December 22nd, 2017
- Understanding Tent Fumigation | Command Pest Control - December 7th, 2017
- Fumigations - Summit Termite & Pest Control - December 7th, 2017
- Exterminator When is Fumigation Necessary? - December 7th, 2017
- Fumigation Services & Tenting | Call PestMax at (239) 454-4888 - December 7th, 2017
- Fumigation : Termite Fumigation : San Diego Fumigation : Los ... - November 26th, 2017
- Tent Fumigation - Terma Guard - October 23rd, 2017
- Termite & Bed Bug Fumigation Services | Geiger's Pest - October 23rd, 2017
- Best 30 Termite in Ashburn, Virginia with Reviews - YP.com - October 1st, 2017
- Fumigation Service Market Projected to Breed Steadily for Comprehensive Insights 2015 - 2025 - Digital Journal - September 6th, 2017
- Termite Fumigation Treatments In San Diego, Orange County ... - September 4th, 2017
- Termite Fumigation Alternatives in Tampa | Anti-Pesto - September 4th, 2017
- Fumigation Service Market : Growth, Demand and Key Players to 2025 - satPRnews (press release) - September 1st, 2017
- Arrow Environmental Services Hires Three Branch Operations Managers - PCT Magazine - August 25th, 2017
- Fumigation Service Market Report Offers Intelligence and Forecast till (2015-2025) - satPRnews (press release) - August 21st, 2017
- Bannon is gone from the White House, but he has already laid eggs in everything - Washington Post - August 19th, 2017
- Global Agricultural Fumigants Market - By Type, Application, Form, Regions - Market Size, Demand Forecasts, Industry ... - Business Wire (press... - August 18th, 2017
- Fumigation Service Market Report Offers Intelligence and Forecast ... - MilTech - August 17th, 2017
- Temporary Relocation For Santa Monica Tenants - Santa Monica Daily Press - August 12th, 2017
- Tents at the Pruneyard? Blame termites - The Mercury News - August 9th, 2017
- Bitten by the bug, renowned termite killer, researcher retires from University of California - East Bay Times - August 5th, 2017
- Bitten by the bug, renowned termite killer, researcher retires from ... - The Mercury News - August 5th, 2017
- What You Should Know About Termite Fumigation | Enlighten Me - July 30th, 2017
- Burglars Break Into Fumigated Home In Harbor Gateway North - CBS Los Angeles - July 30th, 2017
- Intensive Pest Control Service Offers Free Termite Inspections In Long Beach - Digital Journal - July 30th, 2017
- Fulton Speedway Ready For Topless Late Models And Yellow-Out Action Packed Race Night July 29 - Oswego Daily News - July 30th, 2017
- A new research report explores the Fumigation Service Market for ... - MilTech - July 6th, 2017
- India's Fumigation Rules Extended Amidst Uncertainty In Pulses Export - BW Businessworld - July 3rd, 2017
- Global Agricultural Fumigants Market 2017 Analysis, Segmentation, Competitors Analysis, Product Research, Trends ... - MilTech - June 30th, 2017
- St. Augustine's Lightner Museum fumigation begins Friday | WJAX-TV - ActionNewsJax.com - June 27th, 2017
- Dont Know if you Need Fumigation? - Pest Control Termite ... - June 23rd, 2017
- Global Fumigation Service Market Growth, Forecast and Value Chain 2014 to 2020 - Digital Journal - June 23rd, 2017
- Termite fumigation: what is tenting for termites? - pests.guru - June 23rd, 2017
- How to Prepare for a Termite Fumigation - June 16th, 2017
- Termite Fumigation Process - Termites: Control, Inspection ... - June 15th, 2017
- How Does Termite Heat Treatment Work? Heat Fumigation - June 10th, 2017
- Fumigation Service Market Size, Analysis, and Forecast Report 2015-2025 - LANews By Abhishek Budholiya (press release) (blog) - June 7th, 2017
- Getting Started: Why and How Add-Ons Help You Retain & Gain Customers - PCT Magazine - June 1st, 2017
- Caught on Camera: Thief targets home tented for termites in Carl ... - CBS 8 San Diego - May 25th, 2017
- Agricultural Fumigants Market- Analysis, Share & Trends from 2017 2024 - satPRnews (press release) - May 25th, 2017
- Rollins, Inc. (ROL) Reaches $42.15 52-Week High, Last Week ... - NormanObserver.com - May 23rd, 2017
- Best Secaucus Termite Treatment - Secaucus, NJ Termite ... - May 21st, 2017
- 'Recycling in Australia is dead in the water': three companies tackling our plastic addiction - The Guardian - May 21st, 2017
- When homeselling heroes come to the rescue - OCRegister - May 20th, 2017
- Interim CEO says ranch foundation remains in the black - Camarillo Acorn - May 19th, 2017
- Tips to keep from becoming victims of auto and home break-ins - Miami Herald - May 19th, 2017
- Fumigation | 4 Less Termite, Inc. - Termite Repair, Termite ... - May 11th, 2017
- The 10 Best Termite Companies in San Diego, CA 2017 - May 11th, 2017
- Termite Tenting & Fumigation Costs: Price of Home ... - May 10th, 2017
- Tasmanian design centre reopens after suspected termite alert in US artwork - ABC Online - April 23rd, 2017
- Oxnard Fire Station No. 1 to close temporarily - Ventura County Star - April 13th, 2017
- Big Clay Meets Big Legal Order - NY Times Gets Malibu Story Half ... - Malibu Times - April 11th, 2017
- School District Backs Down Under Community Pressure to Halt Chemical Spraying - Malibu Times - April 7th, 2017
- Apopka Police Department building closing for fumigation - WESH Orlando - April 6th, 2017
- Termite fumigation to shut down Apopka police headquarters for 3 ... - WFTV Orlando - April 5th, 2017
- termites My life's thoughts and tips - March 31st, 2017
- Anti- Termite Treatment, CnG Fumigation, & Pest ... - March 31st, 2017
- Termite fumigation to cost taxpayers $385k (from WJAX CBS ... - March 31st, 2017
- Nesting bird delays multi million-dollar project - NBC4i.com - March 30th, 2017
- Some Roosevelt Parents Object to Termite Spraying This Spring - Santa monica Observed - March 29th, 2017
- Nesting native bird delays multimillion-dollar project in downtown ... - KHON2 - March 29th, 2017
- Council rejects $1 million Bastille renovation | Local - Hanford Sentinel - Hanford Sentinel - March 24th, 2017
Click Free Exterminator Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free exterminator quote today.