Click Free Pest Control Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free pest control quote today.
Why Termite Inspectors Don?t Find Termites
First of all, I have defended Pest Control Companies against suits by consumers since 1991. I have been on the inside of explanations and excuses for why termites were not found in a termite inspection.For you to understand WHY termite inspectors can not and do not find termites, you have to first understand the biology of termites.
To begin with, the subterranean termite is Cryptobiotic.That is a big fancy word meaning that termites hate light, air and movement.In other words, they want to remain in hiding.You see, subterranean termites are not like ants that crawl around in the open and they are not even like roaches that only come out at night.No, termites NEVER want to come into the breathing spaces you live in.NEVER EVER EVER!Hence, they are called Cryptobiotic.
To enforce this point even further, termites build little tunnels to travel through when they crawl around in your wall voids.Still not impressed?They even build tunnels in the earth below to get from their colony where the queen is laying 5,000 eggs a day to the header in your bathroom.So by now, I believe you understand that subterranean termites are not going to ?APPEAR? in any house being inspected.
So, now that you have a little more termite biology under your belt, fast forward into a termite inspection, at least to one in Texas.On the Texas Official Wood Destroying Insect Report, the termite inspector is only ?required? to report VISIBLE signs of active infestation.So how does he do that given the biology of a subterranean termite?Answer, he really can?t.
In practical terms, the termite inspector is allowed to declare that an active infestation of subterranean termites exists if he finds any of the following:
Let?s start with the first one ? swarmer wings or bodies.A termite inspector can declare that there is an active infestation even if he only finds the wings of flying termites or their dead bodies.How are dead bodies evidence of an active infestation?Swarmers are the reproductives of a termite colony and they are winged so they can fly away and start new termite colonies.If the termite inspector finds wings or dead bodies, the odds are that the termites swarmed within the year.Most people, including men, clean house once a year.
Now let?s consider the second possibility ? breaking a mud tube.A mud tube, a tuber or a tunnel is most likely to be found between the soil and the home and is customarily located on the outside exposed portion of a slab.It could also be on a pier and sometimes tubes can run on an exterior wall down to the ground.In a ?VISIBLE ONLY? inspection, a termite inspector would merely look at the tube, but of course, common sense and standard termite inspection practice dictate that at this point the inspection departs from a ?VISIBLE ONLY? inspection and the tube or tunnel is broken.If the colony is active in the house, live termites will be seen crawling up and down the tube.If left undisturbed, the Cryptobiotic termites will repair the break in a couple of hours to preserve their ?hidden? nature.So, it really isn?t a ?VISIBLE ONLY? inspection.
The third possibility- finding a suspicious area where the paint is cavitated or depressed as though there is no structure behind it or there are brown trails below the surface or there are little tiny brown dirt filled holes, the termite inspector will probe or press a finger, knife, or some such device into the suspicious area and once the paint or other cover is removed, live termites may appear.Again, this is not a ?VISIBLE ONLY? inspection and perhaps more alarming ? most inspectors consider this to be defacing of the seller?s property and actually will not do it.
So, what?s wrong with this process?Well, for one, if the termites are creating tubes or suspicious areas, basically anyone can find them.Mud tubes and suspicious areas are unusual phenomenon for even a lay person.And more importantly, statistically, their absence is not an accurate predictor of the presence or absence of an active subterranean termite infestation. So how can a termite inspector find termites if these ?VISIBLE?, i.e., ?OBVIOUS? signs are not present?
There is no easy answer, but it starts with being familiar with construction issues that can and do lead to termite infestation.What is known as a ?CONDUCIVE CONDITION? for termite infestation. These can and do lead to infestations.It also requires using moisture meters and checking doorframes, window frames and other areas. It requires sounding ? tapping on wood areas to see if there are hollow or unusual sounds.
In the end, there is no absolute about inspections or finding termites.It really takes a dedication and commitment to finding them.But without a doubt, it can not be done simply by ?VISUAL MEANS? only.
Read more from the original source:
Seller or Realtor Fraud and Construction Defects
- Arizona Forum - Relocation, Moving, General and Local City ... - October 6th, 2018
- Black Widow Termite and Pest Control in Manhattan New York - September 4th, 2018
- Phone Losers of America home of The Snow Plow Show wacky ... - August 5th, 2018
- OnCap Anti-Rodent & Anti-Termite Technology | PolyOne - August 5th, 2018
- Apitherapy - Wikipedia - July 23rd, 2018
- Dont Confuse Bed Bugs with These Misdiagnosed Conditions - July 13th, 2018
- Facts About Termites - Where do the different species live? - May 23rd, 2018
- Termite Damage Claims Lawyer Mobile | Small Business ... - May 22nd, 2018
- Slowing tax refunds aimed at cutting fraud :: WRAL.com - May 21st, 2018
- Fake companies, fake workers: State battling new type of ... - May 18th, 2018
- Accused ISIS recruiter pleads guilty to fraud, tax charges ... - May 10th, 2018
- Reasons to Cancel a Pest Control Agreement | Legalbeagle.com - April 27th, 2018
- Planet Orange - 22 Photos & 493 Reviews - Pest Control ... - April 6th, 2018
- Sellers Disclosure of Property Condition - HouseDefects.com - April 5th, 2018
- News & Updates - Standards Australia - March 15th, 2018
- Duty to Disclose for Sellers in Florida Residential Real ... - March 7th, 2018
- Termite Building Code / Pest Control / Business Services ... - December 25th, 2017
- Green Explored: Bloom Energy Ecofraud in Delaware This Year - December 21st, 2017
- Pest Control Pest Management and Termite Inspection ... - December 16th, 2017
- Conehead Termite Program / Termites / Protect Your Home ... - November 26th, 2017
- Metrobank says arrest made after P900-M fraud report | ABS ... - October 22nd, 2017
- UPDATE: Refund for Cash Plus investors will definitely ... - October 1st, 2017
- Financial Review: ServiceMaster Global Holdings (SERV) vs. Lifelock (LOCK) - TrueBlueTribune - September 2nd, 2017
- Fight to fund Honolulu's rail continues Monday at a special legislative session - KITV Honolulu - August 31st, 2017
- Lifelock (LOCK) vs. ServiceMaster Global Holdings (SERV) Head to Head Review - Week Herald - August 31st, 2017
- Comparing ServiceMaster Global Holdings (SERV) and Lifelock (LOCK) - StockNewsTimes - August 27th, 2017
- Fraud Headlines | Association of Certified Fraud Examiners - August 13th, 2017
- Short-term thinking keeps Australia stuck in crisis - Business Insider Australia - August 7th, 2017
- Florida man caught with his crime to-do list - KNSS - August 1st, 2017
- Daily Technical Summary Reports on Business Services Stocks -- Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Rollins, Cardtronics, and ... - SYS-CON Media (press... - July 11th, 2017
- Life after Croman - The Real Deal Magazine - July 4th, 2017
- IRS summertime tax tip 2017-01: Tips to know for deducting losse ... - WKOW - July 4th, 2017
- What is Termite Fraud in Alabama? - Real Estate Legal ... - June 29th, 2017
- Pest Control and Termite Inspection Insurance | Wallace ... - June 11th, 2017
- We name stink da road the Banes/Nanes debacle - Breaking Belize News (blog) - June 6th, 2017
- VIAGRA GENERIC 100MG - cialis best price - State Column - May 11th, 2017
- Tim Moss Answers Your Home Remodeling & Repair Questions - WBT - May 9th, 2017
- Owner of Oklahoma tornado shelter company charged with embezzlement - KOKH FOX25 - May 5th, 2017
- NJ Statutes of Limitation for Breach of Contract and Fraud - April 10th, 2017
- Charlotte Termite Companies, Best Termite Protection ... - April 6th, 2017
- Learn About Costa Rica's Largest Eco Developer: Kalia Living - The Costa Rica Star - March 24th, 2017
- Marcos loyalists ask House to endorse impeachment rap vs. Robredo - CNN Philippines - March 22nd, 2017
- A campaign to unseat - The Manila Times - March 13th, 2017
- Professor Miller and the Bottomless Pit of Academia - Conatus News - March 12th, 2017
- MOLLY'S COLUMN | Valley Roadrunner - Valley Roadrunner - March 9th, 2017
- The Home Improvement Show 10am, Paul LaGrange - WWL First News - March 1st, 2017
- DeMarcus Cousins brings out the fighting side of Holley and Keefe (Round Two!) - WEEI.com - February 22nd, 2017
- Mexican Woman Sentenced To Eight Years in Jail for Voting in Texas Illegally - Houston Press - February 11th, 2017
- Termite Help / Consumer Resources / Agricultural ... - January 29th, 2017
- New Jersey Home Inspection - About the House is a home ... - December 12th, 2016
- Terminix Termite Insurance is a Scam Review 198598 Mar 08 ... - September 7th, 2016
- Patio Covers Orange County|Dry Rot|Repair|Termite Damage ... - June 19th, 2016
- Be Careful Of Termite Inspection Fraud - Streetdirectory.com - June 13th, 2016
- Turfco Termite & Pest Control in Cordova, TN | Citysearch - May 9th, 2016
- Termite Damage | FRP Legal - May 9th, 2016
- Formosan Termites : snopes.com - May 9th, 2016
- Cost of Termite Damage RepairCost of Termite Damage Repair - May 9th, 2016
- Termite inspection scam? - Arizona Real Estate Notebook - May 9th, 2016
- What is "silent fraud"? | Rottenstein Law Group LLP - May 9th, 2016
- Pre Construction Termite Treatment - May 9th, 2016
- Pictures of Termites - DIY Homeowner Guide to Termite Control - May 9th, 2016
- Home Buying: How much does it cost to treat a termite ... - May 9th, 2016
- Termite Warranty? I purchased a new home in may 2009 with ... - May 9th, 2016
- Pest Control Scam in Orange County from Termite Terry Pest ... - May 9th, 2016
- building a termite proof home - Real Estate Fraud Attorney - October 21st, 2015
- Is it required by law that there is to be a termite ... - October 16th, 2015
- Laws Regarding Termite Inspections in Tennessee | eHow - October 5th, 2015
- Termite Treatment Cost - September 26th, 2015
- Termidor Termite Treatment vs. Sentricon | Termite ... - September 26th, 2015
- Ecola Termite & Pest Control Services - Florence-Firestone ... - September 25th, 2015
- Ants vs Termites - Help Telling them Apart - August 22nd, 2015
- Pest Control Jobs on CareerBuilder.com - August 19th, 2015
- Termite Identification - July 17th, 2015
- Don't Ignore Termite Swarms Outside Your Home | Angies List - July 5th, 2015
- Termite season begins now | Insects in the City - July 1st, 2015
- Terminix Pest Control: Tips From a Former Manager Review ... - July 1st, 2015
- Termite Fraud Company Practices - June 4th, 2015
- Don't get Stung by these Pest Control Scams | Angies List - June 1st, 2015
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor - May 25th, 2015
- Do-It-Yourself Termite Baits: Do They Work? | University ... - May 25th, 2015
Click Free Exterminator Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free exterminator quote today.