Click Free Pest Control Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free pest control quote today.
The Tennessee Department of Agriculture classifies termites as wood-destroying organisms (WDO). The Department regulates termite inspectors using several laws and regulations.
Tennessee mandates that termite inspections be performed only by authorized personnel. This includes chartered pest control operators licensed for wood-destroying organisms, employees of licensed chartered pest control operators, those certified in industrial, institutional, structural and health-related pest control and anyone working under direct supervision of a licensed pest control operator.
There are several terms used in regard to termite inspection laws in Tennessee. These include:
Commercial Pest Control Operator: A person or business entity that engages in the custom application of pesticides or inspection of real property for the purpose of issuing a wood-destroying insect infestation inspection report and who has demonstrated to the satisfaction of the Pest Control Licensing and Advisory Board his qualifications to design and direct pest control and inspection operations.
Certification: The authorization given by the commissioner to issue a wood-destroying insect infestation inspection report.
Charter: A type of permit issued by the Department of Agriculture to a business. It is required for each individual location, meaning that if a company has more than one office in Tennessee, each office must have its own charter. A charter also requires that there be at least one licensee in each category of service offered. A licensee can only be listed on one charter.
In Tennessee, a Wood-Destroying Insect Infestation Inspection Report, which is created after a termite inspection, is issued in conjunction with the sale or transfer of real estate.
Wood-Destroying Insect Infestation Inspection Reports must be completed after an on-site inspection of a property. Such reports must be warranted for 90 days of accuracy in the inspection report. Reports must be submitted on forms prescribed by the National Pest Management Association and the Federal Housing Administration (FHA).
Disputes regarding termite inspections or other pest control related services may be resolved in a court of the appropriate state jurisdiction when they cannot be resolved between property owners, lenders and/or trustees and persons issuing a wood-destroying insect infestation inspection report.
In the event of a commercial pest control operation being sold or transferred, or any services or financing rights being transferred, any contracts for wood-destroying insect infestation inspections or other services shall be enforceable against the parties to which such assets, servicing or financing rights are transferred.
Anyone submitting inspection reports who does not hold a valid charter or valid license in the category of wood-destroying organisms would be committing a Class A misdemeanor, which is punishable by a fine of up to $2,500, as of 2011.
To help ensure that an inspection is thorough, its best if the buyer is present at the property while the inspection is taking place. A typical inspection will take 45 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the size of the home.
It is a good idea to ask for a certificate of insurance from the termite inspection company. This certificate will provide you with a claim option in the event of fraud or negligence.
How to File a Complaint With the Government About a Credit Card Company; Merchant Credit Card Regulations; Print this article; … Who…
A termite bond, also called a termite protection contract, is an agreement between a homeowner and a pest control company for treating…
How to Make Termite Spray to Kill Termites. … How to Protect Against Termites. Cost of Termite Treatments. How to Tell If…
Termite Inspection Report Requirements. A termite inspection report is intended to identify any existing infestations and conditions that would lead to future…
Termites are insects that utilize swarm intelligence to infest a home. A cellulose food source such as wood is the diet of…
The issue of pest control is part of a landlord-tenant agreement under the international … Pest Control Laws. Pest control companies provide…
You may seek to have your home certified as termite … If you are going to be applying for a VA Home…
The FHA may require a termite inspection if it is mandated by your local or state jurisdiction, … HUD offers a state…
See the original post here:
Laws Regarding Termite Inspections in Tennessee | eHow
- Pesticide Applicator Information - March 12th, 2019
- Texas Leaf Cutting Ant - Insects in the City - March 6th, 2019
- Find an Attorney - Terminix Complaints - Real Stories from ... - February 22nd, 2019
- Louis Farrakhan: Im Not An Anti-Semite. Im Anti-Termite ... - February 3rd, 2019
- Contact PolyOne Today | Quick Contact Form - February 3rd, 2019
- Arizona Forum - Relocation, Moving, General and Local City ... - October 6th, 2018
- Black Widow Termite and Pest Control in Manhattan New York - September 4th, 2018
- Phone Losers of America home of The Snow Plow Show wacky ... - August 5th, 2018
- OnCap Anti-Rodent & Anti-Termite Technology | PolyOne - August 5th, 2018
- Apitherapy - Wikipedia - July 23rd, 2018
- Dont Confuse Bed Bugs with These Misdiagnosed Conditions - July 13th, 2018
- Facts About Termites - Where do the different species live? - May 23rd, 2018
- Termite Damage Claims Lawyer Mobile | Small Business ... - May 22nd, 2018
- Slowing tax refunds aimed at cutting fraud :: WRAL.com - May 21st, 2018
- Fake companies, fake workers: State battling new type of ... - May 18th, 2018
- Accused ISIS recruiter pleads guilty to fraud, tax charges ... - May 10th, 2018
- Reasons to Cancel a Pest Control Agreement | Legalbeagle.com - April 27th, 2018
- Planet Orange - 22 Photos & 493 Reviews - Pest Control ... - April 6th, 2018
- Sellers Disclosure of Property Condition - HouseDefects.com - April 5th, 2018
- News & Updates - Standards Australia - March 15th, 2018
- Duty to Disclose for Sellers in Florida Residential Real ... - March 7th, 2018
- Termite Building Code / Pest Control / Business Services ... - December 25th, 2017
- Green Explored: Bloom Energy Ecofraud in Delaware This Year - December 21st, 2017
- Pest Control Pest Management and Termite Inspection ... - December 16th, 2017
- Conehead Termite Program / Termites / Protect Your Home ... - November 26th, 2017
- Metrobank says arrest made after P900-M fraud report | ABS ... - October 22nd, 2017
- UPDATE: Refund for Cash Plus investors will definitely ... - October 1st, 2017
- Financial Review: ServiceMaster Global Holdings (SERV) vs. Lifelock (LOCK) - TrueBlueTribune - September 2nd, 2017
- Fight to fund Honolulu's rail continues Monday at a special legislative session - KITV Honolulu - August 31st, 2017
- Lifelock (LOCK) vs. ServiceMaster Global Holdings (SERV) Head to Head Review - Week Herald - August 31st, 2017
- Comparing ServiceMaster Global Holdings (SERV) and Lifelock (LOCK) - StockNewsTimes - August 27th, 2017
- Fraud Headlines | Association of Certified Fraud Examiners - August 13th, 2017
- Short-term thinking keeps Australia stuck in crisis - Business Insider Australia - August 7th, 2017
- Florida man caught with his crime to-do list - KNSS - August 1st, 2017
- Daily Technical Summary Reports on Business Services Stocks -- Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Rollins, Cardtronics, and ... - SYS-CON Media (press... - July 11th, 2017
- Life after Croman - The Real Deal Magazine - July 4th, 2017
- IRS summertime tax tip 2017-01: Tips to know for deducting losse ... - WKOW - July 4th, 2017
- What is Termite Fraud in Alabama? - Real Estate Legal ... - June 29th, 2017
- Pest Control and Termite Inspection Insurance | Wallace ... - June 11th, 2017
- We name stink da road the Banes/Nanes debacle - Breaking Belize News (blog) - June 6th, 2017
- VIAGRA GENERIC 100MG - cialis best price - State Column - May 11th, 2017
- Tim Moss Answers Your Home Remodeling & Repair Questions - WBT - May 9th, 2017
- Owner of Oklahoma tornado shelter company charged with embezzlement - KOKH FOX25 - May 5th, 2017
- NJ Statutes of Limitation for Breach of Contract and Fraud - April 10th, 2017
- Charlotte Termite Companies, Best Termite Protection ... - April 6th, 2017
- Learn About Costa Rica's Largest Eco Developer: Kalia Living - The Costa Rica Star - March 24th, 2017
- Marcos loyalists ask House to endorse impeachment rap vs. Robredo - CNN Philippines - March 22nd, 2017
- A campaign to unseat - The Manila Times - March 13th, 2017
- Professor Miller and the Bottomless Pit of Academia - Conatus News - March 12th, 2017
- MOLLY'S COLUMN | Valley Roadrunner - Valley Roadrunner - March 9th, 2017
- The Home Improvement Show 10am, Paul LaGrange - WWL First News - March 1st, 2017
- DeMarcus Cousins brings out the fighting side of Holley and Keefe (Round Two!) - WEEI.com - February 22nd, 2017
- Mexican Woman Sentenced To Eight Years in Jail for Voting in Texas Illegally - Houston Press - February 11th, 2017
- Termite Help / Consumer Resources / Agricultural ... - January 29th, 2017
- New Jersey Home Inspection - About the House is a home ... - December 12th, 2016
- Terminix Termite Insurance is a Scam Review 198598 Mar 08 ... - September 7th, 2016
- Patio Covers Orange County|Dry Rot|Repair|Termite Damage ... - June 19th, 2016
- Be Careful Of Termite Inspection Fraud - Streetdirectory.com - June 13th, 2016
- Turfco Termite & Pest Control in Cordova, TN | Citysearch - May 9th, 2016
- Termite Damage | FRP Legal - May 9th, 2016
- Formosan Termites : snopes.com - May 9th, 2016
- Cost of Termite Damage RepairCost of Termite Damage Repair - May 9th, 2016
- Termite inspection scam? - Arizona Real Estate Notebook - May 9th, 2016
- What is "silent fraud"? | Rottenstein Law Group LLP - May 9th, 2016
- Pre Construction Termite Treatment - May 9th, 2016
- Pictures of Termites - DIY Homeowner Guide to Termite Control - May 9th, 2016
- Home Buying: How much does it cost to treat a termite ... - May 9th, 2016
- Termite Warranty? I purchased a new home in may 2009 with ... - May 9th, 2016
- Pest Control Scam in Orange County from Termite Terry Pest ... - May 9th, 2016
- building a termite proof home - Real Estate Fraud Attorney - October 21st, 2015
- Seller or Realtor Fraud and Construction Defects - October 21st, 2015
- Is it required by law that there is to be a termite ... - October 16th, 2015
- Termite Treatment Cost - September 26th, 2015
- Termidor Termite Treatment vs. Sentricon | Termite ... - September 26th, 2015
- Ecola Termite & Pest Control Services - Florence-Firestone ... - September 25th, 2015
- Ants vs Termites - Help Telling them Apart - August 22nd, 2015
- Pest Control Jobs on CareerBuilder.com - August 19th, 2015
- Termite Identification - July 17th, 2015
- Don't Ignore Termite Swarms Outside Your Home | Angies List - July 5th, 2015
- Termite season begins now | Insects in the City - July 1st, 2015
Click Free Exterminator Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free exterminator quote today.