Click Free Pest Control Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free pest control quote today.
Termites need to be nipped in the bud right away by a termite exterminator before any damage starts. Avoid moisture accumulation near the foundation of your home, which provides the water needed for termite survival and growth. Divert any rain water away from your homes foundation with properly functioning downspouts or gutters. Soil needs to be sloped away from the foundation in order to allow any surface water to drain out and away from the building.
Any cellulose (such as wood, mulch, paper, etc.) that is in direct contact with soil, will provide termites with a ready and unobstructed access to food. Its important to eliminate any contact between the wooden parts of your homes foundation, and the soil. You want to maintain a minimum of 6 inches between the soil and porch steps, latticework, door and window frames, garage doors, etc. Never stack or store firewood or any other wood materials against the foundation of one of your buildings or within their crawl spaces.
Youll also want to prevent trellises with vines, or other living plant life from touching the house. Before and during construction, never bury your wood scraps or waste lumber on your property as fill, especially near any buildings. Be sure to remove future food sources by making sure all left-over wood scraps used during construction are disposed of properly. Remove any old tree stumps and roots near the foundation of a building. Avoid or minimize the use of wood mulches next to the foundation of your home.
Conventional soil treatments by a termite exterminator, traditionally rely on creating a chemical barrier in the soil thats toxic to any termites contacting it. To achieve termite control for long periods of time, apply as a continuous barrier within the soil next to, and under the foundation. Termiticides can be applied during the construction of a building or house to detour and prevent a termite infestation.
Some ways to keep termites out do not involve the application of insecticides. For example:
Because these methods do not involve the application of an insecticide, the EPA does not regulate the termite exterminator or use of them.
Before a company can sell or distribute any pesticide in the United States, other than certain minimum risk pesticides, EPA must review studies on the pesticide to determine that it will not pose unreasonable risks to human health or the environment. Once we have made that determination, we will license or register that pesticide for use in strict accordance with label directions. The pesticides used by a termite exterminator for the prevention or treatment of termite infestations are called termiticides and must demonstrate the ability to provide structural protection before we register them. In most cases, termiticide application can only be properly performed by a trained pest control professional.
Approved termite treatment include:
Two common forms of treatment are conventional barrier treatments and termite baits.
The most common technique for treating termite infestations is the soil-applied barrier treatment. Termiticides used for barrier treatments must be specifically labeled for that use.
If conducted improperly, these treatments can cause contamination of the home and surrounding drinking water wells and will not protect against termites. For that reason, it is important to hire a pest control professional who is licensed and trained to take proper precautions. The most common active ingredients found in conventional termiticides are:
In recent years, several bait systems have been introduced to help reduce the overall use of insecticides and their impact on human health and the environment. These termite baiting systems rely on cellulose baits that contain a slow-acting insecticide.
The most common active ingredients found in termite exterminator baits are:
As the federal agency responsible for regulating all pesticides, including termiticides, sold, applied, or distributed in the United States, EPA must ensure that the pesticide, when used according to label directions, meets current safety standards to protect human health and the environment. To make such determinations, they require more than 100 different scientific studies and tests from applicants. Most states also review the pesticide label to ensure that it complies with federal labeling requirements and any additional state restrictions of use.
Many termiticides are highly toxic, making it critical to follow label directions with added care or hire a termite exterminator. San Jose pest control professionals have the knowledge, expertise, and equipment as required, which minimizes risks and maximizes effectiveness.
You can use all the tools available to atermite exterminator and sometimes they still just find a way in. This is when talking to a professional termite exterminator about steps you can take with your property to avoid termite infestations. If you find out that you do have termites, call a San Jose Pest Control Termite Exterminator. Termites will penetrate some barriers, but the more modern treatments have proven to work more effectively. Theres many different types of treatments, because there are many different types of termites.
You will need to have a termite inspection done to identify the type of termite. You will then be advised of what type of treatment would be best for your problem, location, and situation.
Most termites live in large colonies that could contain hundreds of thousands of individuals or more. Some types must have plenty of moisture to survive. A termite colony has workers, soldiers, and reproducers. Some of them will look a bit different from others, so its important to find out exactly what kind of termite infestation youre dealing with. A professional termite exterminator can do the assessment as part of your termite inspection.
If you are seeing termites any where near your home or business, call a San Jose Termite Exterminator!
- Alamo Pest Control & Rodent Exterminator | Fort Worth ... - March 18th, 2019
- Orangeburg, SC Pest Control & Exterminators | Terminix - March 6th, 2019
- Orangeburg, SC Pest Control, Termite Inspector ... - March 6th, 2019
- Sentricon Termite Control Whiting NJ Exterminator 732-504 ... - March 6th, 2019
- Need Exterminator in Los Angeles? Termite & Pest Control ... - March 6th, 2019
- Cost to Hire a Termite Exterminator - Estimates and Prices ... - March 6th, 2019
- Andys Termite and Pest Control - 23 Photos & 55 Reviews ... - March 6th, 2019
- Pest Control McAllen TX - February 21st, 2019
- Termite Control | Termite Exterminator Serving Newton and ... - February 16th, 2019
- Termite Control Exterminator in Vandalia, IL | (855) 987-5196 - February 5th, 2019
- San Jose Best Termite Exterminator | Termite Control Company - January 29th, 2019
- Termite Control & Prevention | A1 Exterminators Lynn MA ... - January 16th, 2019
- Pest and Termite Control | All Track Exterminators - January 16th, 2019
- Steps Involved In A Termite Inspection | Pest Control and Bug ... - November 28th, 2018
- Mooresville Pest Control | Termites & Ants Local Exterminator ... - November 28th, 2018
- Pest Control In Providence, Worcester, New England | Big Blue Bug - November 28th, 2018
- Go-Forth Pest Control of Greensboro | Roaches & Termite ... - November 28th, 2018
- Termite Exterminator in Garner NC | Get Rid of Termites Now - November 25th, 2018
- Daly City Termite Exterminator - Daly City Pest Control Pros - November 25th, 2018
- Thousand Oaks Termite Exterminator - November 25th, 2018
- Truly Nolen Locations | Pest & Termite Control | Exterminator - November 25th, 2018
- Termite Exterminator, Fumigation Service in Tampa FL 33614 - November 8th, 2018
- The 10 Best Termite Companies in Phoenix, AZ (with Free ... - November 8th, 2018
- Pest Control Services in Oklahoma City, OK - HomeAdvisor - October 31st, 2018
- Pest Control Services in Los Angeles, CA - HomeAdvisor - October 31st, 2018
- Termite Extermination Columbus, Ohio | Stryker Pest Control - October 31st, 2018
- Home Pest Control and Exterminators | Angies List - October 25th, 2018
- Pest Control Services Company Ventura | Termite Inspection ... - October 25th, 2018
- Abilene Termite Exterminator - Abilene Pest Control Pros - October 3rd, 2018
- Lancaster Termite Exterminator - Lancaster Pest Control Pros - October 3rd, 2018
- Irving Termite Exterminator - Irving Pest Control Pros - October 3rd, 2018
- Downey Termite Exterminator - Olathe Pest Control Pros - October 3rd, 2018
- Termite Control Companies in Tucson, AZ - HomeAdvisor.com - October 3rd, 2018
- Clermont Termite Exterminator - Clermont Pest Control Pros - October 3rd, 2018
- Allen Termite Exterminator - Allen Pest Control Pros - October 3rd, 2018
- Burbank Termite Exterminator - Burbank Pest Control Pros - October 3rd, 2018
- House Fumigation London | Up to 100% Pest Extermination - October 3rd, 2018
- Elizabeth Termite Exterminator - Elizabeth Pest Control Pros - October 3rd, 2018
- Coppell Termite Exterminator - Coppell Pest Control Pros - October 3rd, 2018
- Gainesville Termite Exterminator - Gainesville Pest Control Pros - October 3rd, 2018
- Athens Termite Exterminator - Athens Pest Control Pros - October 3rd, 2018
- Waterbury Termite Exterminator - Waterbury Pest Control Pros - October 3rd, 2018
- Pest Control in London, Midlands, South UK | JG Pest Control - September 25th, 2018
- Termite Exterminator - North Jersey Termite - September 25th, 2018
- Termite & Pest Control Specialist - Terminators Pest Control - September 25th, 2018
- Orlando, FL Exterminator, Pest Control & Termite Inspector - September 22nd, 2018
- Truly Nolen Pest Control, Termite Control & Exterminator - July 27th, 2018
- Termite Swarmers in Your House: What To Do | Western ... - March 29th, 2018
- Insight Pest Control Ventura: Exterminator & Termite ... - March 27th, 2018
- Pine Level Exterminator | Melvin SWAT - February 11th, 2018
- Everett, WA Exterminator, Pest Control & Termite Inspector - January 26th, 2018
- Termite Control Products - Termite Treatment | Do My Own ... - November 10th, 2017
- Termite Threats - Hilton Head Exterminators - October 31st, 2017
- Indy ranks eighth-worst for bed bugs - Fox 59 - August 27th, 2017
- Phoenix AZ Exterminator, Pest Control & Termite Inspector - August 21st, 2017
- Bug Busters - Laredo Morning Times - August 6th, 2017
- San Antonio Exterminator, Pest Control & Termite - Orkin.com - August 5th, 2017
- Professional Termite & Pest Control - Yelp - August 5th, 2017
- Have mice in your Lake Tahoe home? You're not alone! - South Tahoe Now - August 3rd, 2017
- One of country's largest pest control companies, based in Reading ... - Lehigh Valley Business - August 1st, 2017
- Death notices received July 24-28 | Obituaries | berkeleyind.com - Berkeley Independent - July 31st, 2017
- The season for unwanted pests - 1011now - June 24th, 2017
- Pest Control Services Market to Grow at a CAGR of 5.4% in Term of Value by 2026 - LANews By Abhishek Budholiya (press release) (blog) - June 22nd, 2017
- Aurora Pest Control Pros Expand Their Service Area - Digital Journal - June 22nd, 2017
- Suspect in Big Blue Bug vandalism surrenders - Turn to 10 - June 20th, 2017
- Exterminator tenting will close City Hall and Lightner - Historic City News - June 19th, 2017
- Suburban Exterminating - Long Island Pest Control Professionals - June 18th, 2017
- Exterminator says bed bugs becoming more common - WPSD Local 6 - June 17th, 2017
- Termite Resistant Wood - Ask The Exterminator - June 12th, 2017
- Veteran musicians join forces to open Festival Jam 2017 - Salina Journal (subscription) - June 10th, 2017
- Pest Control Services Market to Grow at a CAGR of 5.4% during Forecast Period 2016-2026 - MilTech - June 10th, 2017
- Kalamazoo Pest Control Pros in Michigan Launches New Website ... - Digital Journal - June 7th, 2017
- 2 Stocks and 1 Sector We're Watching in the Second Quarter ... - Madison.com - June 6th, 2017
- Arrow Exterminators Acquires Gary's Quality Pest Control - PCT Magazine - June 1st, 2017
- When 'lolas' get involved with graduation balls - Inquirer.net - May 28th, 2017
- Bug Out Service Hires Regional Vice President, Branch Manager - PCT Magazine - May 23rd, 2017
- Shawville school still waiting for answers on mystery bug bites - Ottawa Citizen - May 22nd, 2017
- Apopka police headquarters bugged by termites - Orlando Sentinel - May 19th, 2017
- Signs that your home needs a Pest Control - Punjab News Express - May 19th, 2017
- Five Things You Didn't Know About Billy Bretherton - TVOvermind - May 11th, 2017
Click Free Exterminator Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free exterminator quote today.